Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazing Holiday Deal: 2 Weeks in the Caribbean for €603

• 29-01-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭

Following the bargain we got to the Maldives last year courtesy of Vibe666 I found this great deal on Mark's Travel.

A week in Antigua at the Halcyon Cove resort for £469 that's €512.
    Even better 2 weeks is just €603.

Flights from Gatwick on the 3rd of June. So you'd need to add another €100 for flights with Ryanair or Aer Lingus to get there.

I have just booked this for 2 weeks, we opted for the All inclusive package for €1122. Works out at €37 extra per day for All inclusive and this includes
    • Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner
    • A choice of Caribbean cocktails
    • Local beers, soft drinks, house spirits and house wines
    • Windsurfing, sunfish sailing, kayaks and snorkelling
    • Daytime tennis and daily activities
    • Free pool scuba demonstration
    • Regular evening entertainment
    • Taxes and tips

http://www.markstravel.co.uk/offerdetails.asp?oid=1285

See you there:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That's almost too good... there must be a catch! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

remeber, this will be flying out of a london airport, so you'll need return flights from here to london to fit in with the itinerary, and if the london flights are as early as expected, you might have to spend a night in an airport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

remeber, this will be flying out of a london airport, so you'll need return flights from here to london to fit in with the itinerary, and if the london flights are as early as expected, you might have to spend a night in an airport

In fairness to the OP, they did mention the fact it's out of Gatwicso flights over would be necessary.

As for the place itself, it seems to get fairly good reviews on Trip Advisor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

my bad, didnt spot that

I also noticed that the OP has paid €500 extra for an "all in" package

maybe that was the idea of the offer, to offer a cheap basis package, and for them to make their money on the extras?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

dos30 wrote: »
    Following the bargain we got to the Maldives last year courtesy of Vibe666 I found this great deal on Mark's Travel.

A week in Antigua at the Halcyon Cove resort for £469 that's €512.
    Even better 2 weeks is just €603.

Flights from Gatwick on the 3rd of June. So you'd need to add another €100 for flights with Ryanair or Aer Lingus to get there.

I have just booked this for 2 weeks, we opted for the All inclusive package for €1122. Works out at €37 extra per day for All inclusive and this includes
    • Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner
    • A choice of Caribbean cocktails
    • Local beers, soft drinks, house spirits and house wines
    • Windsurfing, sunfish sailing, kayaks and snorkelling
    • Daytime tennis and daily activities
    • Free pool scuba demonstration
    • Regular evening entertainment
    • Taxes and tips

http://www.markstravel.co.uk/offerdetails.asp?oid=1285

See you there:D

Went with Markstravel last year to the Maldives...

They are a real no nonsense outfit, no hidden catches or taxes etc! Very customer friendly and I couldnt recommend them enough.

Ye we missed our return flight last year from Gatwich to Dublin - nobodys fault really! few people got ill just before the take off.. So we had a nice sleep in the terminal :D

• Advertisement

Could be that.
    But €500 isn't too bad for 2 weeks all inclusive. You'd easily spend that on a resort holiday, even if you did nothing else other than have a meal and a few drinks every night.
    Even something as simple as giving €5 a day in tips quickly adds up to €70 over the fortnight.

thewools wrote: »
    So we had a nice sleep in the terminal :D

Bet twas worth it though when you saw how much you'd saved! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Was in Antigua on honeymoon a few years back. Saw this place on a tour of the island and it looked fantastic. Tour guide said it was the place to go.

Then again, sleeping under newspapers in Antigua sounds pretty appealing to me right now...

Soarer wrote: »
    Bet twas worth it though when you saw how much you'd saved! ;)

True... Airports can be very entertaining at night actually :D

A drunk Polish group sang their hearts out until 3 in the morning using bottles of vodka and beer for microphones :)

Good times...

Going to go here this year with Markstravel actually: :)

http://www.markstravel.co.uk/offerdetails.asp?rid=452

I wish :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

my bad, didnt spot that

I also noticed that the OP has paid €500 extra for an "all in" package

maybe that was the idea of the offer, to offer a cheap basis package, and for them to make their money on the extras?

€500 is nothing for all inclusive for 2 weeks and it is optional.
    The agent didn't even suggest it, I asked her was there an all inclusive deal.

In the Maldives last year we went all inclusive and it was definitely worth it.

The agent also told me that it includes two dinners a week at

Warri Pier - Romantic a la carte dining on a private pier over the sea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

I wish :D

Looks like a bit of a kip.... :rolleyes:

We were torn between there and the Hilton (Conrad now) Maldives in '07 when we went on honeymoon, and decided on the Hilton with the toss of a coin.
    Don't regret it for a second, and it's nice to have somewhere different to go back to! ;)

Now, back on topic....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭brightkane

also have marks book marked since last years maldives bargain,
    looking at the carribean this year also for 2 weeks all incl, but need to leave 1st or 2nd of aug and their site doesnt go up that far just yet,,,,might have to call for a quote i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

is the price per person?

subway wrote: »
    is the price per person?

Yes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

This sounds fantastic, I can just imagine.

One question please, how are tips included? Do you get a special badge or something that stop the waiters asking?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

hshortt wrote: »

One question please, how are tips included? Do you get a special badge or something that stop the waiters asking?

Cheers

Usually in these kind of places there is a 10% service charge on top of everything you order, whether it's a drink at the bar, dinner or renting a kayak. I think this just means that it is included in the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Cheers for that! Sounds like a great package. I'd love to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

hshortt wrote: »

Cheers

when we went on an all inclusive to the dominican republic we were given coloured bands to wear over the 2 weeks, these indicated what you were entitled to. we tipped though after every drink etc, a dollar or two goes a long way there with tips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

We went on a cruise down the Nile in Egypt last year with Marks travel. Including flights to Gatwick, it cost about €700 each. Great value, will be looking out for a holiday with them again this year.

Advertisement