Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat for 3 months?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Anyone any idea how I could go about finding a flat or apartment for 3 months?

I've been looking on daft and it seems short term rentals seem to be either tiny scary dogbox studios or a small fortune and I'm too old to flat/house share.

Also why do landlords or E.A's not put photos of the property on daft? Is this a sign that the property is a bad one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Weyhey wrote: »
    Anyone any idea how I could go about finding a flat or apartment for 3 months?
    I think you can search by minimum contract term but it's going to be tricky to find one less than 6 months, or 12 even.
    I've been looking on daft and it seems short term rentals seem to be either tiny scary dogbox studios or a small fortune and I'm too old to flat/house share.
    Unfortunately a house share is the most likely option to yield results, it's much more likely that a 4 bed house will have a room to let for a short term than that there'll be an empty 1 bed with a landlord doesn't want to lock somone in for a full year.
    Also why do landlords or E.A's not put photos of the property on daft? Is this a sign that the property is a bad one?
    Possibly. I imagine it's mostly laziness, actually. Either way I don't even look at properties without internal photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

The listings for official short term places tend to be bare, but an approach to any of the places sitting on Daft is worthwhile. A landlord or agent who has been trying to let a place out for weeks would be unwise not to entertain your offer of a 3 month stay, in the current rental market. 3 months is something, they won't hold on for a 12 month let that might never come.

Give it a go, what can you lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Could I ask why you need it for just 3months and what area do you need it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭speedy2007

Weyhey wrote: »

I went to see a couple of flats that had no pics on daft, but turned out to be very nice. Both times the landlord was an older person, so my guess is they prob just dont know how. Even the ads that they did have werent done very well...i checked them out cos the price at the time suggested they must have something going for them.
    So if theres no pics and really cheap...then its prob not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

bugler wrote: »
    The listings for official short term places tend to be bare, but an approach to any of the places sitting on Daft is worthwhile. A landlord or agent who has been trying to let a place out for weeks would be unwise not to entertain your offer of a 3 month stay, in the current rental market. 3 months is something, they won't hold on for a 12 month let that might never come.

Give it a go, what can you lose?

Adverts on daft seem only to last a few days - maybe they re-advertise them.

• Advertisement

Could I ask why you need it for just 3months and what area do you need it in?

Taking a year off from work then to go travelling. Ideally looking for quiet clean non smoking flat or apt in Rathmines/Ranelagh, Dublin 2 or between there and City Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Ok. Mines in Dublin 15:)

Ok. Mines in Dublin 15:)

Thanks golly, I did the long commute for a few years and it nearly drove me insane, need something within walking distance to work and city centre.

Can't believe the state of most of places I have viewed. €800 for either depressing grotty tiny flats (€700 for grotty studios) or €850 for a nice but matchbox sized studio. None willing to budge on price either.

Advertisement