Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Poker

Options
  • 29-01-2009 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey All
    I'm just about to open an online account, have been playing for play money at Ultimate bet for a while but now I'm putting in some money I looking for some help as to which site to use and any good bonuses you could recommend. I study in the UK so not sure if that's makes a difference, will I play an American site in dollars or is there UK sites. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Depends a lot on what youre looking for.,and how much youre
    going to deposit, cash or tournie play etc.
    I wouldnt be an expert but i found the 50 bonus
    on stars easiest to clear at small stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭_Skitso_

Ya it'll be a small amount maybe 30-40 pounds and small stakes I guess. You like poker stars then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

http://www.kickbackbonus.com/kickback-bonus-list.php/Kickback-Bonus-List

I'd go with Party, Pokerstars and Gnuff then see what your roll is like. Definitly sign up to pokerstars with a kickback site. The $50 bonus is piece and takes awhile to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

yeah pokerstars would be good for you, cos there is always loads of traffic and you can play as low as .1/.2c blinds i'm nearly sure
    and $1dollar games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

After a bit if youre playing high volume the 600 bonus
    on any of the ipoker skins ,though some are quite slow
    to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

_Skitso_ wrote: »
    Hey All
    I'm just about to open an online account, have been playing for play money at Ultimate bet for a while but now I'm putting in some money I looking for some help as to which site to use and any good bonuses you could recommend. I study in the UK so not sure if that's makes a difference, will I play an American site in dollars or is there UK sites. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks all.

DON'T DO IT!!!!! No seriously, DON'T DO IT!

Still reading, still want to do it? Ok then, Pocketdooz post is very good, so I would start by reading through all that.

Make sure you get a good RB deal before you lodge any money onto any site. There is a thread here on boards and you can also add something into your signature requesting people to PM you with offers. Obviously, be careful when accepting deals.

Read everything in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055320331

Then re-read everything in the above thread again and again.

Post any tricky hands you come accross in the HH section, listen/read to all the advice given and try take it in absord it into your own game

If you are playing cash, purchase HM (Hold'em Manager) - It's not expensive and will help improve your game

After each sesion, review all your hands (can be done very easy with HM) to try and spot leaks within your game.

Other than that, enjoy it!

Advertisement