Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Commute?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi

I would like some opinions on the following please.

my girlfriend is going for a job in Allenwood and I work in Northern Cross on the Malahide Road. We are considering renting in Maynooth, or Celbridge and I would like to know what the commute might be like if anyone has any experience of it. I would also like to avoid the evil tol if possible. I start work at 8am and finish at 5pm.

Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Both Celbridge and Maynooth will be a bugger to Northern Cross, to avoid the toll you would have to go via Dunboyne. If your moving to make it easier for you both commute wise, why not try Lucan? You could go via Clonsilla to Blanch and miss the toll. She would have a longer drive but its a pretty empty run Lucan, Celbridge, Clane, Prosperous, Allenwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭goonersnroses

Thank you for that.

I wonder would there be much of a traffic build up on that route at my commute times?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

Thank you for that.

I wonder would there be much of a traffic build up on that route at my commute times?

You would have to give yourself 40-50 min in the morning, probably over an hour in the evenings. That's the cross-county way, N4-M50 would be a bit quicker now that the new Lucan junction is open.

Allenwood is handy enough as Maxwell smart said, she'd be going against all the rush-hour traffic.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement