Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

softare testing

• 29-01-2009 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

not sure if im in the right place but i have a degree in sw development and I am curently working in a design position. what would be the best way to get into testing? all the jobs advertised want 1000's years experience!!!! is there a course i could do?? any suggestions appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jewelsster

I could recommend the MSc in Software Engineering which would cover that but I don't know if that's what you're looking for...

It's also part-time.

www.dcu.ie/computing for more info or PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

Jewelsster wrote: »
    I could recommend the MSc in Software Engineering which would cover that but I don't know if that's what you're looking for...

It's also part-time.

www.dcu.ie/computing for more info or PM me.

Could I ask out of interest why you keep recommending these DCU computing courses to everyone? While I commend your help I have noticed the majority of your postings are DCU computing course advertisements. I'm just not sure if you're recommending them because they really are that good, or if you have a vested interest.......

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jewelsster

It's what I know is good!

Anyway - I ended up suggesting (by PM) that the OP talk to the Irish Computer Sociey (www.ics.ie) as they are very handy with courses too.

Ditto the ISA (Irish Software Association) or even the CSE (Centre for Software Engineering) who could make some suggestions of courses.

:p The OP can vouch for me... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

Maybe think about getting a software testing qualification such as an ISTQB Foundation certificate. In Ireland its administered by www.istb.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Can I ask why sw testing?

I did it for around 8 months and positively hated it. Only good thing I got from it is that I knew I didnt want to do it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

Does anybody know how good the ISC is? Is it worth joining? Even just for contacts to talk about jobs...

I'm actively looking and anything like this can surely only be an advantage in my job search? (It certainly can't be any worse anyway! - there are feck all jobs out there)

Advertisement