Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paris for C&C

• 29-01-2009 2:19pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Some stuff from the Digi....some quick PP on all, the ol Film stuff is gonna take a tad longer I thinks...

3236660656_e7fc50a367.jpg

3236656662_8db65a0257.jpg

3235811777_88f13b2a3e.jpg

3236655934_8e0edebca8.jpg

and one from DisneyLand Paris

3236654024_e9f8aeae86.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

#2 got me thinking for a bit, nice out of the ordinary
    did you have any trouble by taking pictures underground? some guards don't like it, was in paris 10 months ago and I was "suggested" not to take pictures in metro stations

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

yup, some driver flipped at me on a stairs about it, kept a bit more dl after that tho...

Yeah its extrememly hard to get something out of the ordinary in Paris, I trawled flickr before I left so I'd know what not to go for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

as far as photos of the eiffel tower go, that one is lovely - the branches and vignette add a lot to it I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I like #2 as well. It got me thinking for a bit too to figure out what it was.
    I like #3 quite a lot good. I think #4 could do with a bit more depth of field.
    And the last one... colors!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

think #4 could do with a bit more depth of field.
    And the last one... colors!!!

I specificially wanted to minimise DOF in that one, Wider on the DoF was the last thing I wanted when I was composing that, cant figure if its slightly tilted or not, spent ages on it, just staring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I love the colours and the angle in #2, my favourite by a long way.

I think #3 may have been better had you waited for the lights of an approaching train to be visible, but otherwise I like it.

Caveat: As my own Paris thread attests, I'm no expert!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I specificially wanted to minimise DOF in that one, Wider on the DoF was the last thing I wanted when I was composing that, cant figure if its slightly tilted or not, spent ages on it, just staring.

I like what you did there. But it still just doesn't quite cut it. Its a good photo though. I'm starting to believing getting the tunnel in focus too with more depth of field wouldn't look any thought provoking either.
    Maybe if you'ld have taken the picture from further back... Well, i guess for such a shot i'ld try different combination of angles and DOFs to see which one would look the most interesting... But that takes time... Its still a good photo as i mention. Just feels like it could have been better as in really good.

Breezer wrote: »
    I think #3 may have been better had you waited for the lights of an approaching train to be visible, but otherwise I like it.

Yeah I'd have liked that too, but i wasnt exactly permitted to shoot there, so I tried keep it suble :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I love #4, it just pulls me in, it looks kind of like a tilt shift, but then again not really!

I'm finding it hard to articulate why I like it. It's got a kind of plastic quality which I think should be annoying, and yet I keep coming back to look again.

(Also love #2 btw)

Edit: maybe I like the idea of the choice between the stairs and the corridor to the left, the more I look the more I want to go and explore, the lack of detail is quite tantalising. I need to get out more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

#2 is pretty snazzy I like it.

#4 could do with something in focus, like a busker or bike or something. Your eye is just lead down the tunnel into a lump of unfocus-ness.

• Advertisement

dakar wrote: »
    I love #4, it just pulls me in, it looks kind of like a tilt shift, but then again not really!

I'm finding it hard to articulate why I like it. It's got a kind of plastic quality which I think should be annoying, and yet I keep coming back to look again.

(Also love #2 btw)

Edit: maybe I like the idea of the choice between the stairs and the corridor to the left, the more I look the more I want to go and explore, the lack of detail is quite tantalising. I need to get out more.

hummm wasnt something i was going for but now ya said it i my try pass that idea off as the aim hehe
    Overblood wrote: »
    #2 is pretty snazzy I like it.

#4 could do with something in focus, like a busker or bike or something. Your eye is just lead down the tunnel into a lump of unfocus-ness.

the lights at the top...a few are in focus... i wasnt really aiming for much on the shot, i just like the light and shapes more than anything, a busker woulda been nice but i wanted symmetry more than anything else at the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Yeah the lights are pretty cool but given the nature of the photo I don't really notice the lights, my eyes are naturally drawn down the tunnel.

For light and shapes something along the lines of this (apologies for making bits of your photo) would be cool. Maybe a different angle to include more of the lights.

3236655934_ce976e3690_o-1.jpg?t=1233331206

3236655934_ce976e3690_o.jpg?t=1233331207

Are we allowed alter people's photos like this on this forum? If not mods please feel free to take them down.

Advertisement