Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C for some pp effect... :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I think it could use a bit of noise filtering and some smoothing of the clouds, but I like the pinky effect on the sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

^I actually made the noise stand out a bit in there to give it a grainy effect... trying to give it the look of an old photograph... Though i feel i made it a bit too sharp. And over did the grainy bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Looks like an old photo that came out of your granny's attic! If that's the effect you wére indeed looking for, it would "yellow" it up a bit, but I actually like this one better than the original!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It's better than the original, but PP was never going to make it an interesting shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

it seems oversharpened
    grain doesn't feel film like to me, too fine
    some banding on the clouds?
    not much of a subject to relate either (either the clouds or the foreground)

sorry if too harsh, couldn't think of anything else
    may be if you show the original we could develop on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

quilmore wrote: »
    it seems oversharpened
    grain doesn't feel film like to me, too fine
    some banding on the clouds?
    not much of a subject to relate either (either the clouds or the foreground)

sorry if too harsh, couldn't think of anything else
    may be if you show the original we could develop on that

I welcome your crit. I did realise i oversharpened the pic and it caused the grains to become more fine too. Its just the area in front of my house, i felt the sky was quite dramatic so i took the pic. Hence the lack of subject as it wasn't very planned. Just wanted to try my hand as some post processing as its the first time i've done some radical post processing apart from the basic exposure, color and contrast tweaks.
    And it was more of that old grainy effect i was chasing than the composition of the shot itself...

I did link the original pic in the first post if you'ld like to develop on that.
    Oh and whats banding? I'm still quite a noob at terms!!

Advertisement