Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect CCTV DVR to wireless video sender

Options
  • 29-01-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭

Hope someone here knows more about this than I do!

I am awaiting delivery of a 4 channel CCTV DVR and cameras. The DVR will attach to the main tv using, as far as I know, a BNC to Scart adaptor.

I would like to send the feed to another television in the house (not cabled for signals in any way to the main tv). I have a wireless scart video sender transmitter & receiver and this works by connecting the transmitter scart into the source and the receiver scart into the other tv.

But the CCTV DVR only has BNC connections. I can't use a BNC to Scart lead as this is a "scart out" for plugging INTO a tv. The wireless scart transmitter also wants to plug IN.

I thought about a scart switcher unit where I could use a BNC to phono lead, plug the phono lead into the scart switcher, and then the wireless scart transmitter into the female scart socket on the switcher. Seems messy!

I'm obviously missing something here! Any help appreciated! :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Your wireless sender should allow 'pass through' - ie: connect the BNC-Scart into one end, and a scart cable out the other side, going on into the TV.

You should be able to watch the TV, and send the picture to a second set at the same time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

hi, thanks for that. Yes, it does have pass through. But the transmitter has to plug INTO a scart socket and a 'BNC to Scart' comes out of the DVR and wants to plug INTO say a tv. so the problem is connecting 2 male scarts together..I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Now I admit it is late and Im a bit tired but Im not sure if I understand your set up. I install CCTV and what I would do in your case is put T-BNC on the DVR main monitor out. Run a BNC - BNC cable via RG59 into a scart cable using a BNC-RCA adaptor then do the same for the video sender. Not Ideal to be honest but for domestic it should be fine.

If I have the wrong picture just explain in a little more detail or re-post makes and models so I can look up the spec, or a photo..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hi FusionNet, I've googled a T-BNC !

For info the DVR is an AVTECH AVC761 - which has monitor out and call out - I think i read that call out can only show one camera so I figure that is why you are suggesting the T-BNC to split the main monitor.

Can you explain a bit more the following:
    "Run a BNC - BNC cable via RG59 into a scart cable using a BNC-RCA adaptor then do the same for the video sender."

I thought RCA was phono (yellow composite?) and can't figure how the RCA part of the BNC-RCA adaptor goes into a scart cable? By scart cable do you literally mean a cable with a male scart socket at the end? Sorry, I'm sure this is a lot more obvious that it sounds! Maybe I should wait until I actually receive the equipment!

Advertisement