Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power cuts in Carrigtwohill

Options
  • 29-01-2009 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

We have had 3 complete power outages in the last 10 days in Carrigtwohill. In addition to that the lights flicker and dim for a bit from time to time, this has been happening for a couple of years.

The first power outage was during that bad storm the weekend before last which is fair enough, but twice since then was a bit much so I amde a complaint and a nice man from the ESB rang me yesterday with an explanation.

There is a cranky old landowner who won't let the ESB on to his land to replace some rotten lines. The old power lines aroung Carrig have all been replaced withthe exception of the one's on this old fella's land.

I asked the nice man from the ESB what the plan was and he said they would have to go to court to force this cranky old fella to let them on to his land to replace the rotten lines.

So it could mean more outages until its fixed. Great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Are you new to the area? this battle with the cranky landowner has been going on for years. he's a very close neighbour and the biggest cnut you'll ever meet the only way they'll get in is when he dies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

mooman wrote: »
    Are you new to the area? this battle with the cranky landowner has been going on for years. he's a very close neighbour and the biggest cnut you'll ever meet the only way they'll get in is when he dies

Only in Carrig two years. Is there not a way they can bring him to court and get the thing sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

You'd think at some point they'd go around rather than let it drag on for years. Thank god for auto-save or I'd have lost hours of work on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

They've been spinning the court story for a long time they wont get in till himself and his brother die......they're both in their mid 90's like

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

For fairness sake there could be reasons why they don't want the ESB on their land. I know of a farmer in Dungarvan that left the ESB in to 'upgrade' some pilons and they made absolute **** of half his field. There were supposed to put fresh topsoil back down when they were done but he had to chase them for six months before a digger appeared.......and started taking topsoil off the other half of the field and moving it to the bad half....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

Is this the same cranky old man that nearly prevented the bypass being built by any chance?:mad: Back in 1997 when the massive storms cut off the electricity over Christmas, it took so long to get reconnected 'cos of said cranky fecker.

Advertisement