Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam results

Options
  • 29-01-2009 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Timetable says they should be online today but nothing so far...the suspense is KILLING me! Anyone got news?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they are up for DT228/4 but as usual the DIT system screws up and locks me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 danzig

yeah i haven't gotten any news on mine yet, do they email your student address and tell you where to check them or is there a site i should know already?! i should really know this by now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Board is sitting today, results tomorrow....

If you can't access them by 5.30 tonight then I reckon you won't be able to log in until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

zomg i passed :pac:

danzig wrote: »
    yeah i haven't gotten any news on mine yet, do they email your student address and tell you where to check them or is there a site i should know already?! i should really know this by now!!
    you check of the Student Self-Service located here:

http://modularisation.dit.ie/

login is your student number with capital C/D and your default PIN is DDMMYY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 shamama

According to science faculty exam schedule the board sat yesterday and results are available today...no mention of them being online, of course. Does that mean they'd be up on the board at the school? Can't remember if final results were ever displayed...so what does "available" mean? I have to stop thinking about it but I CAN'T.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 danzig

yeah it says the board is still in session and my results are not yet available.

when is the official release date for the results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 fdegir

you can access to the schedule for the release of Semester 1 exam results from below link.

http://modularisation.dit.ie/ExamScheduleS1-Science.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Got 36% in one passed the others by a fair bit. What can I do now the pass mark was 40%

The test was marked 70% for end of semester exam 30% for a class test earlier on in the year, done woeful in the class test which resulted in me failing. The subject is only one semester long.

I'm not sure if I have wrong ping, etc, but I can' login.

Are exam results available for School of Computing? Anyone knows?

• Advertisement

fdegir wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I have wrong ping, etc, but I can' login.

Are exam results available for School of Computing? Anyone knows?

Some are. ID is student number you can reset your pin if you forget it by answering your secret question.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

how can we access our results, im doin dt365...

acer911 wrote: »
    how can we access our results, im doin dt365...

http://modularisation.dit.ie/studentinfo.htm

Click the link Student Self Service System.

Has anyone received an email saying results are available? Modularisation website says "Students will receive an email to your DIT email account once results become available."

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

keen wrote: »
    http://modularisation.dit.ie/studentinfo.htm

Click the link Student Self Service System.

dt365 doesnt feature on this list, anyone know why this is the case....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

They're up for DT228/3.

Ass Face wrote: »
    They're up for DT228/3.

But did you get an email saying they were up?

I did, and got my pin reset.

still can't log in.

the email is generic btw, it may say they're up but it's administration that sends out that email and other people who input the results. so you may get an email like myself but your results now released yet.

I did, and got my pin reset.

still can't log in.

the email is generic btw, it may say they're up but it's administration that sends out that email and other people who input the results. so you may get an email like myself but your results now released yet.

That sucks for you. I didn't even GET that email so I know there's nothing I can do...feel like I'm wasting my last days of freedom stressing about this. Whatever, tomorrow's another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Got 36% in one passed the others by a fair bit. What can I do now the pass mark was 40%

What you can do is study hard and pass everything in the Summer - then the 36% is high enough to allow compensation. This has happened before with students who thought they might have to repeat. If however you fail a couple more in the Summer you will most likely have to repeat this one as well.

• Advertisement

Creamy G - Are you sure its not DDMMYYYY?

The PIN only allows for 6 digits...if I remember correctly, at one stage the password was 123456 for everyone.

Dufresne wrote: »
    What you can do is study hard and pass everything in the Summer - then the 36% is high enough to allow compensation. This has happened before with students who thought they might have to repeat. If however you fail a couple more in the Summer you will most likely have to repeat this one as well.

Thanks for the info, do you know if you can repeat the class test too if needs be, would be handy as it's worth 30% out of the hundred.
    Confident I'll past the subjects.

acer911 wrote: »
    dt365 doesnt feature on this list, anyone know why this is the case....

Is DT365 a Science degree? The above list is for science degrees only. Check the website for the other lists

It's DDMMYY. For everyone, when the results are out, you will get an email of your PIN. So expect an email tomorrow, any earlier and your one of the lucky ones who got their results entered in the system today before schedule. The rest of ye will have to wait till the rest are entered tomorrow as clearly stated in the above list.
    Thanks for the info, do you know if you can repeat the class test too if needs be, would be handy as it's worth 30% out of the hundred.
    Confident I'll past the subjects.

DIT is semesterised, doubt you can repeat a class test.
    All exam results are still provisional until June. Nothing will go down, but results will more than likely go up. With 36% it will go up if you don't fail any other subjects.

There are a couple of senarios there.

1. If you actually passed the exam and the CA mark brought you down to 36% the Grade code comment should say something like RCA or RASSESS which means repeat just the CA or Task components as there is no point in making you repeat an exam you already passed.

2. If you failed the exam it will probably just say RE - repeat exam.

3. Occasionally a student is given the opportunity to repeat a task but this can depend on the lecturer and what happens at the module board. The comment might be something like repeat all components and/or contact school immediately.

Your best option is to talk to the lecturer or your year coordinator AND pass everything in the Summer

shamama wrote: »
    The PIN only allows for 6 digits...if I remember correctly, at one stage the password was 123456 for everyone.

yup i remembered my original pin, it was six digits, and then got an email saying exam results are now up and here's your new pin 123456.

so i wondered off an inputted the details and i get the:

"Online results are not available for Students as exam boards are ongoing. Academic Staff Members should contact their Faculty. Please see modularisation.dit.ie for further details."

it's just a pain in the ass as everyone else that i've talked to has gotten their results.

it's probably has something to do with my optional subject not being marked yet, or do all results have to be uploaded simultaneously

Actually - now that I think about it - I had trouble getting onto the EGB a few weeks ago and it wouldn't accept my password - that I've used for years - so I went in through the mydit portal, and onto the applications tab (instead of directly through the modularisation site). When I clicked on the EGB icon there, it asked me to input a new password, which then allowed me to get in the normal way as well. Might be worth a shot.

Actually - now that I think about it - I had trouble getting onto the EGB a few weeks ago and it wouldn't accept my password - that I've used for years - so I went in through the mydit portal, and onto the applications tab (instead of directly through the modularisation site). When I clicked on the EGB icon there, it asked me to input a new password, which then allowed me to get in the normal way as well. Might be worth a shot.

The accounts and passwords are not linked in anyway.... Will not work!

students don't have that application tab. they are only allowed to change their email password from the mydit portal.

Cheers for the help though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Whats this Attempted and Earned malarkey?

Advertisement