Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet blocking sites?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

For the past week have been trying to access REMOVED.com ,
    i assumed that the site was down, but was informed today that t was NOT down!!

I have In total 3 PCs (2 vista 1 xp) the site wont load on any of these comps...
    i have cleared all cookies etc, and tried IE 7 and mozilla...

I can access the site using anonymouse.org

is this Big Bro work???

cramp

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

cramp wrote: »
    For the past week have been trying to access removed ,
    i assumed that the site was down, but was informed today that t was NOT down!!

I have In total 3 PCs (2 vista 1 xp) the site wont load on any of these comps...
    i have cleared all cookies etc, and tried IE 7 and mozilla...

I can access the site using anonymouse.org

is this Big Bro work???

cramp

Resolves to 66.29.81.61 for me. Check what address you're receiving, and try ipconfig /flushdns in case an out of date address is still being locally cached. Or just use that IP in a browser.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I very much doubt Magnet could be bothered blocking sites the same as 99.9% of ISP's couldn't be bothered

cramp, infraction given for giving a link to a warez site...count yourself VERY lucky you were not banned!

Cabaal

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Ehhh, I could check if you guys want......but i really dont think so?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

@cabaal
    sorry about that wasnt thinking m8.....

@ spear
    i succesfully dona a "ipconfig /flushdns " but still with the same issue...still blocked..

anuone else here on magnet tried....?

cramp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Hey cramp,

I'm on Magnet. PM me the site and I'll have a look.

• Advertisement

just pm u...

much thanks

cramp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Nope, not connecting here either. Tried with a proxy and it's fine...

EDIT: Seems O2 are blocking it aswell LINK REMOVED (link links to warez..:pac:)

Just google the site cramp and you'll see what I'm talking about.

jeez eh.......

Are they really able to this.......

i cant login with proxy.......

cramp

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Perhaps the site is having its own DNS issues, have you tried using different DNS servers?
    This would allow you to rule out your ISP blocking it also

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Lads......seriously.....we are not blocking this site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement