Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun weekend away....

Options
  • 29-01-2009 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Looking for an idea for a weekend away...2/3 nights in a nice city somewhere?

Nowhere too crazy priced but not a dump!!!

anyone been anywhere nice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That depends, where are you now? You want to stay in Ireland or include UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

oh ok sorry... yeah ideally out of ireland - anywhere in europe i guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you going as a couple? Romance? Pissup? Both?

Personally this is something I'd love to do with herself.
    http://www.underthethatch.co.uk/accommodation/showmans.php

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

yeah taking OH.... just a break from doom and gloom of ireland..

that link looks cool - really different but not our thing... I guess I'm looking for somewhere we can go out, do some shopping and just generally have a laugh in....
    biko wrote: »
    Are you going as a couple? Romance. Pissup? Both?

Personally this is something I'd love to do
    http://www.underthethatch.co.uk/accommodation/showmans.php with herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭robo

This is probably best suited to Bargain Requests forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'm just back from Edinburgh, got a great deal on lastminute.com to stay in the Hilton, great spot.

Pubs, clubs, castle ghost tours highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

yes id reccomend edinburgh also, especially with sterling being weak, you might concider other cities in england, leeds, london.. if you would like some sunshine go to seville! amazing city, 2 1/2 hour flight though. well worth it if your going for 3 nights, cheap as chips as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Edinburgh's great, especially with sterling the way it is. Barcelona's good, though I've heard it's gone a bit expensive.

Went to Riga with the gf and a couple of her friends last Feb, enjoyed it. Got a lovely hotel very cheap.

Brussels isn't bad either, gf was dubious about it but we went there for Valentine's a few years ago and she enjoyed it. It's not as commercial as everyone seems to think. Plus you can get great deals on top class hotels at the weekend, as all the eurocrats head home it's actually cheaper on Fri+Sat than on weekdays. Or you could always head up to Bruges for a night, though that's probably gone mad since the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

Would also have to say +1 for Edinburgh. Great place to go...plenty to do and especially good lately with the weak sterling. Would recommend a good weekend over there.

Advertisement