Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone else received this level of service?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Firstly I will open by saying that I had purchased 2 laptops previously from Laptopsdirect.ie without any issues. However I recently had something of a nightmare with Laptopsdirect.ie when I tried to buy a Mac Mini as a present for someone.

On 21 Dec 09 I ordered a Mac Mini from Laptopsdirect.ie and taking care to choose the 1-2 day courier delivery so that I would have it for the 24th Dec. However I noticed that payment had been taken from my creditcard on the 22nd Dec! Nothing arrived and then on the 31st Dec I attempted to contact the company to find out what was going on. They did not respond to emails and phone calls were just as useless as you are left hanging on for extended periods.

On the 6th Jan I received a docket from a delivery company trying to deliver but I was at work and had informed Laptopsdirect.ie by email and phone that I would not be accepting the delivery as it was too late as a present and they had failed to deliver within their advertised timelines. The other point to note was that the delivery docket said that Laptopsdirect.ie had not dispatched the Mac Mini until the 31st Dec. Which obviously meant that there was no intent on laptopsdirect.ie delivering the item on time even though express delivery had been requested and paid for!

I contacted Laptopsdirect.ie to find out what was going on and there only response was:

On 06/01/2009 10:33:37
    LESLEY Wrote:
    Hello
    I have contacted the delivery company. once we have this back here we can then process the refund which takes 7 days to clear
    Thanks

On 05/01/2009 19:05:02
    LESLEY POLLARD Wrote:
    LESLEY POLLARD

On the 19th Jan I received a set of 3 emails all from the returns department:

The first -

Dear ,

In order for your return to be processed any further we require additional information from you. Although this can mean a variety of things it is usually:

Are you wishing to have a refund or replacement
    You have sent back your goods but we are missing a part
    You have sent back your goods but we cannot find a fault
    Please contact us via our eMessage system and we will confirm what exactly is the issue.

Yours,

Customer Services

BuyItDirect
    Leeds Road, Huddersfield, HD2 1UA

Baring in mind the correspondance and the calls they should have had this information in front of them.

Then came the 2nd mail, I had responded to the first mail and again requested a refund...

Dear ,

Your return is currently being processed by our Customer Service team.

An email will be sent shortly to confirm what action has been taken.

Yours,

Customer Services

BuyItDirect

So I would have thought everything was grand and no need to chase or worry...

The 3rd came and this was a reassurance that all was okay.

Dear ,

Your return has now been created.

If this action is incorrect or you no longer wish to return your product please let us know via our eMessage system and we will endeavour to correct this.

Yours,

Customer Services

BuyItDirect

Or so I thought... Today is the 29th Jan and to date I have received no confirmation of any communication. So I thought I would ring the companies returns department and try again...

I waited on the line for a good 5 mins, not to be put off on this occasion and was finally put through to a young sounding customer service assistant. This person asked the fatefull question "do you want a refund then?". I almost blew my top as it is obvious they were using every opportunity to not refund my monies 5 weeks on. I am now advised that a refund will take another 5-7 days.

One interesting point was that I advised in my emails that I would be passing all of these details to my solicitor and also advised that any calls would be recorded as evidence if required. When the Customer service person read this in my mail she refused to speak further and put the phone down cancelling the call.

To say I am disgusted by the whole trail of events is an understatement, and I can only hope that no other people have suffered in this way. Needless to say I will never do business with them again and I will advise all others to steer clear if possible.

If anyone else has received such a rough treatment I would be interested to hear.

Comments

Advertisement