Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you listen to music?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Without Music life would be a mistake.

Amazing... That man was a genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 yidkid

when i was 13 i hated music and my art teacher called me 'musically retarded', but then i got into music and i loved it ever since :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

yidkid wrote: »
    when i was 13 i hated music and my art teacher called me 'musically retarded', but then i got into music and i loved it ever since :)

Nearly shat myself when I read that hahahaha!

/runs to poooo :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

there is a time and place for everything alright.

I couldnt go to sleep with music playing in the back ground through.
    dont know how people can.
    And ive gone to sleep in some noisy environments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Still head-meltingly awesome, no matter how often I hear it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Listen to music most evenings when I can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mimibear

Music is my life. My brother got a car 3 years ago and all it has is a crappy radio and tape player. I'm in a state of shock that he still ahsn't got a CD player for it. That woulda been the first thing I get. Even before petrol.

+1

A CD player was the first thing I got in my last car, cos the one I had in it would only play CDs when the car wasnt moving for some strange reason :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I listen to music but I don't really know a lot of songs. I listen to the same music pretty much every day on my iPod. I wouldn't be able to have a discussion about popular songs or anything, I never listen to the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Lena on da wall

Zangetsu wrote: »
    This is a bit of an odd one really, never been able to get my head around it...

I have a few friends and know a couple other people that have absolute NO interest in music. This is absolute madness in my mind, how someone could survive without it is beyond me...

So how bout it... Any of you freaks people on boards?

I know someone who is into Bruce Springsteen and will listen to ABSOLUTELY nothing else - that's just plain weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Something I kinda wonder now, do many people here ever watch concerts/performances on DVD, or TV? I've got quite a few music DVDs myself, and I'll often pop one on.

I have several concerts on DVD, but mostly I would watch and record them from TV, in particular from Sky Arts 1 and 2, and the now defunct Performance channel.

Music is constantly on in the background when I'm not working, and if I have something new to listen to, I would certainly give it my full attention until I was entirely familiar with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Oh yes ,I listen to music all the time ,I listen to all types of music from the most gangsta rap to the best irish drinking songs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dancing_d

I am a fanatic about music. If anyone listened to my mp3 player they would be scared/intrigued at the mix :rolleyes:. I go from Sinatra to Whitesnake/ Metallica/ Iron Maiden, RnB, Soul, 70's Disco, soppy emo type goo goo dolls/ Journey and hairbursh metal .

Could NOT survive any mode of public transport without music. tbh can't understand people who don't love it:confused:.

Music enriches life, enhances it and takes you to a different plain altogether. What's not to love???? (sorry rant over - i'll go back to rocking out to billy idol at my desk :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I love music and love listening to it. But find it difficult to hear new music at times.
    During secondary school I'd always have a radio on at home doing homework etc and could tell you the lyrics to any song at the time. But now working I rarely hear the radio and never get a chance to watch the music stations on Sky, as annoying as they are, cause any chance I might get to watch it the younger sister is perched on the remote. She was horrified when I asked who was singing the song "With You" the other day. He was Chris Brown.
    Now a lot of new music that I hear is stuff I hear in movies and Tv. I like a lot of the music featured in American shows cause it rarely gets released over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

dancing_d wrote: »
    What's not to love???? (sorry rant over - i'll go back to rocking out to billy idol being idle at my desk :D)
    FYP :p

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dancing_d

quiet you! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Dont listen to any any new music,couldnt tell you one tune released in last 15 years,just afew new dance tunes,never listen to radio,Im trapped in early 90's its a problem really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Right now I have Biffy Clyro on as I just found out they're playing here in March \o/

They are epic live. Seriously epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Hmm, just joined that lastfm thingie off the back of this thread 1112 plays since 29th of January-that can't be right can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mimibear

Dragan wrote: »
    They are epic live. Seriously epic.

+1

Saw them in Dolans in Limerick a few years ago, they were unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

I'm actually deaf, so I can't listen to music. I can't be missing much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I'm listening to music right now! To drown out the death metal my housemate is listening to across the room.

You don't happen to live with me? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Bit of Seether, bit of Breaking Benjamin, bit of Tenacoius D, a bit of System of a Down, and so on.
    Couldn't work without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Always always always.
    Although i really hate those people who keep earphones on during conversations-im not that bad!!
    Have a friend who wouldnt know anything unless its played regularly when we are out though, shes absolutely no interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Listen to music all day every day, am lost without my ipod. I cant get my head around having no desire to listen to music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Music is my life man!
    Like totally...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

MizzLolly wrote: »
    You don't happen to live with me? :eek:

I wish ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I wish ;)

o.0 oh? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

i would listen to > 100 tracks at day, easily.

in fact i'm listening right now.

i would die if i couldn't listen to music, i really would

This is exactly like myself.I have to listen to music no matter what i'm doing or where i'm going. Can't stand being without it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

most pop music is absolute rubbish. I like only old stuff, nothing that's out now appeals to me. Except Lady GaGa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I felt compelled to vote No. If I listen to music I have to stop what im doing and set up a playlist or something - then I end up listening to the same crap and get bored. Then I click on a youtube video and stop it, and never bother to press continue. And its distracting when I'm trying to type up something. So No...

But do I have a crap ton of music? Yes. If I still had an Xbox I would do nothing but plug tunes into Burnout all day and takedown traffic. But these days its all about CSS and TF2 and I need to keep the channel clear for Team Voice Chat and footsteps or my brain will melt.

Overheal wrote: »
    Yes. If I still had an Xbox I would do nothing but plug tunes into Burnout all day and takedown traffic. But these days its all about CSS and TF2 and I need to keep the channel clear for Team Voice Chat and footsteps or my brain will melt.

rofl am i supposed to know what that means?

Am I supposed to know what that means? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Overheal wrote: »
    Am I supposed to know what that means? ;)
    Lives in a 2007 film?

Lives in a 2007 film?
    Wait, I know this one.... "John Travolta's Self-Respect"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Music >>>>>>>>>>> TV :)

you're thinking of Leben der Anderen

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    rofl am i supposed to know what that means?
    Although in hindsight the passage you quote has an obscure gamer reference in it every 3rd word, so its understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I don't think it's possible to vote no. Music is everywhere. TV, Radios, Shops, etc.

I voted "no", I have the radio on live streaming Red FM, but it's just for background noise, I don't pay any attention to what's playing, I couldn't name any current bands/singers, I don't buy CDs ... in short I don't "listen" to music, I hear it all the time, but -like someone else said-, that's not listening to it ...

Advertisement