Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How stupid are some boardies??

• 29-01-2009 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

If one thing infuriates me on this site is that people fail to grasp the whole concept of a sub-forum. Its that fùcking hard like, IF YOUR THREAD IS ABOUT THAT SUB TOPIC POST IT THERE!!!!!!

You get some beauties coming into Politics and starting threads like "Ireland Local Election" in the EU forum, starting off with "I didn't know where to post this but...." So what like, you post it in the EU POLITICS FORUM????? HOW HARD IS IT TO GRASP???

Another beauty came up today, this conspiracy about how the Obama election is rigged. So this genius of an OP posts it in the .... "Political Theory" sub forum?????? :confused::confused::confused: What part of "U.S. POLITICS FORUM" is ambiguous????

So I propose creating a new forum in the Sys category, akin to "Prison", that will be called "Rudimentary Reading for Retards". This is where these high intellects, who apparently cant read the sub forum titles, are thrown to. Here they will have to pass various tests, such as basic kiddies literacy, and simple spelling. A few tests on common acronyms such as U.S. (it means United States SHOCK HORROR!!!!) would be appreciated.

If yee are looking for a mod for it I'm your man. Or yee can skip the whole foreplay procedure and just go ahead and make me SMod, I dont mind either way.
    Post edited by Shield on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I have never seen you before but I like how you opperate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Finally, a thread giving out about aspects of boards that I can finally get behind. Fair play.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

<moved from helpdesk>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Dear sir, I heartily endorse this product and/or service and would like to subscribe to your news letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

best feedback thread ever. you have just won the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

*turgon for SMod!*

Not often comes a Feedback thread you can agree with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Efficient use of caps lock, quotations, question marks and exclamation marks. It was a stirring read.

I feel slightly invigorated.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Could the prison be like Guantanamo, torture and all?

Please?

Yep, think there was some muppet posting CT stuff on all the Politics boards last night.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Agreed.

Lives will be destroyed if people keep posting in the wrong subforums ;)

I do actually like the cut of your jib, though :P

Would you like me to move this to Forums now, or were you being intentionally ironic?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,231 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So a Soccer Access forum for the mentaly challenged?

Don't mods/smods have the right to revoke Thread-starting priviledges?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Can we not just change the entire main page so that the Dublin City forum gets 60% screen real estate? Stop the feckers posting the "Where in Dublin" threads in AH finally once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Am I the only one not bothered about this?

Just report the post and a mod will most likely move the thread. It only takes a couple of seconds.

Fair enough if it's a thread started by someone who has been here for a while andd knows their way around the site, but not everyone is familiar with every single forum and sub forum.

Not everyone is web savvy either. These people have to be facilitated and not referred to as retards.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse, but knowledge of the law does not give you the right to call someone a retard.

In short, take it easy on the newbies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

julep wrote: »

Faith in boards.ie is restored ,nice one julep!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

turgon wrote: »
    If one thing infuriates me on this site is that people fail to grasp the whole concept of a sub-forum. Its that fùcking hard like, IF YOUR THREAD IS ABOUT THAT SUB TOPIC POST IT THERE!!!!!!
    You can show your support for the angry bastard forum.
    You get some beauties coming into Politics and starting threads like "Ireland Local Election" in the EU forum, starting off with "I didn't know where to post this but...." So what like, you post it in the EU POLITICS FORUM????? HOW HARD IS IT TO GRASP???
    You could always challenge them to a face-off in the thunderdome.
    Another beauty came up today, this conspiracy about how the Obama election is rigged. So this genius of an OP posts it in the .... "Political Theory" sub forum?????? :confused::confused::confused: What part of "U.S. POLITICS FORUM" is ambiguous????
    True, it really should have been in conspiracy theories though.
    So I propose creating a new forum in the Sys category, akin to "Prison", that will be called "Rudimentary Reading for Retards". This is where these high intellects, who apparently cant read the sub forum titles, are thrown to. Here they will have to pass various tests, such as basic kiddies literacy, and simple spelling. A few tests on common acronyms such as U.S. (it means United States SHOCK HORROR!!!!) would be appreciated.
    Yes, sometimes it's hard to know where forum requests should be posted.
    If yee are looking for a mod for it I'm your man. Or yee can skip the whole foreplay procedure and just go ahead and make me SMod, I dont mind either way.
    Try posting 'amp' as many times as you can in the test forum.

If you've any more questions on where to post stuff, try the Newbies & FAQ forum, some really helpful guys in there.

Have a nice day! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

So I propose creating a new forum in the Sys category, akin to "Prison", that will be called "Rudimentary Reading for Retards". This is where these high intellects, who apparently cant read the sub forum titles, are thrown to.
    So all that was just to propose a forum? You should have posted in Forums. :cool:

/edit/ Foiled again, damn you SteveC :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'd be behind OP for SMod only OP posted this in Helpdesk rather than Feedback, unless he was trying to make a point, badly (In which case I wouldn't want him as a SMod anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Welcome to the internet !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just report the post and a mod will most likely move the thread. It only takes a couple of seconds.

Fair enough if it's a thread started by someone who has been here for a while andd knows their way around the site, but not everyone is familiar with every single forum and sub forum.

Not everyone is web savvy either. These people have to be facilitated and not referred to as retards.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse, but knowledge of the law does not give you the right to call someone a retard.

While I do agree with you, I seen a thread in Fashion and Appearance earlier asking for help with a laptop. How does that happen? It gave me a good chuckle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I completely agree.
    When I joined there seemed to be a lot of information to take in.
    I thought AHs (looking at it only from the drop-down bar) was only for posting in after the pub.:o

I found myself in The Nocturnal Forum , and tried to post in the Lair.
    I wasn't very successful , again I had replied to the post above me they had moved onto the next page.

But , I would like to take this opportunity to thank SDooM and random chatbox for explaining to me how to multi quote and keep up.
    As a newbie I was very grateful , and it made my continued stay on boards a lot easier.
    So , Thanks guys.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

seamus wrote: »
    Would you like me to move this to Forums now, or were you being intentionally ironic?

All will be revealed in my moderator acceptance speech ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,231 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    Faptops: When you only use your netbook for one thing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Overheal wrote: »
    Faptops: When you only use your netbook for one thing.
    Posting on fashion and appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Jesus, some people would really want to get out more.

Getting 'infuriated' over someone posting in the wrong forum???
    Grow up tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Grow up tbh.

Ah, we all have our own little idiosyncrasies, that right Brendan?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Nine posts a day eh, Brendan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Is somebody upset ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Lads seriously some people would really want to get out more.

Grow up tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Lads seriously some people would really want to get out more.

Brendan, nine posts a day eh?