Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Purely Creative Scratch Cards

• 29-01-2009 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Has anyone won big on these?

I did one and won €10 - it cost more that than to telephone - what a scam :mad:

I'm an idiot for telephoning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

JP Liz wrote: »

They rely on people like you, at least you can stand up and say that you are keeping people in their jobs during these recessionary times ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

A lady in Galway won 1.5 million on one last year.It was in the papers.

I wouldn't recommend ringing all the same though.Maybe I'm just a pessimist:)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

any updates recently?Has anyone won a holiday? Does the lady who won actually exist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Are these the cards that come with the Sky-mag? I've never read the name before binning them each time (along with the crap mag).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Master Bates

You have won the honesty bonus of one MILLION euros!

Your winnings will be dispensed as soon as you have supplied your credit card details via PM.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 always

Guys

I have seen a uk board where the contributors who get the sky mag and the usual stratchcard compare what they have revealed. It's usually all the same and therefore saves you ringing that expensive number but if you have something different it may be worth while calling.

In the March mag I received a black and gold card. I revealed 3 snowflakes and 2 cakes. I am assuming that what's on most of them.

Anyone else want to share??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

always wrote: »
    Guys

Don't know - The mag goes into the bin at the door without being opened. - It really is sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

always wrote: »
    Guys

I have seen a uk board where the contributors who get the sky mag and the usual stratchcard compare what they have revealed. It's usually all the same and therefore saves you ringing that expensive number but if you have something different it may be worth while calling.

In the March mag I received a black and gold card. I revealed 3 snowflakes and 2 cakes. I am assuming that what's on most of them.

Thats actually a good idea! They come with some of the Sat/Sun TV mags in the papers as well. Ive none atm cos I just throw them away without scratching. Ill check next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 escapethematrix

I got two cakes and three lemons so one of us has a different prize for the match three category.

The prizes are as follows:
    1 million
    100 k
    Holiday walt disney
    Weekend in prague
    Egypt break for 2

Anyone else scratch theirs?? There is one free in sky mag and I got mine today. (March edition)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

On the purelycreative website (yes there is one) they seem very careful not to list the call charges anywhere, it just refers you to the card. On everything else, the prizes, the happy punters, they are gushing with information and praise. But the call charges, zilch. If someone could put them up here, Id appreciate it.

As with all these scratch cards, the idea is to get most people to phone in for a petty, cheap prize, and the call will cost them dear. So be warned, there is no such thing as a free lunch, or a free holiday. Youre likely just to get a pretty worthless voucher and an expensive call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 always

there is a way around having to phone them but you would nearly need a magnifying glass to read the small print. if you look at the t&cs on the reverse of the playing card they tell you that if you send them a prepaid envelope that they will send you a claim number which you then have to insert on your card and post back. If you are a winner they will write back. It will take 3 stamps and more time but worth if you win one of the lower prizes like the €15 cash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Or you could just trow it straight in the bin, and not waste your time or money finding out that you didn't win anything (which is highly likely).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Has anyone ever got one of these cards that didn't win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Poor thing, now they're going to write to you on a regular basis, and include more scratch cards and include you in ***exclusive !**** draws for the unwon 2.5 millions :(
    I know because been there, done that.
    Hubby suggested : come on, let's try it once, it was a digital camera we were in for.... Geee.... you should have seen the camera, worse than a keyring camera, 1 megapixel I think. A poundshop job, that with the phonecall we ended up paying a tenner for.
    Hubby did it again on dvds : the same ones you'd get again in poundshops for 2-4 euros, or in heatons. The ones nobody watches. Again, a tenner of course (that was a while ago, I suppose the call prices have gone up too).

So anyway, I was pretty annoyed that we kept receiving letters (a lot at the start) with other draws, scratch cards, etc... and rang them about 5 times to have my details withdrawn from their database. You have to persevere with them since they rarely actually answer the phone, but they're very courteous when they do, and assure you live that, yes, your details are withdrawn...until the next letter arrives.

I've given up now, the letters just go straight into the fire, couldn't be bothered writing them a paper letter and then having to pursue it further if they don't respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Rollercoaster

now they're going to write to you on a regular basis, and include more scratch cards and include you in ***exclusive !**** draws for the unwon 2.5 millions

Thanks for this really useful information. I had 2 SAEs ready to go and I read this post. I took off the stamps and threw the tickets and envelopes in the bin.

You have saved me :)

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RichieO

I just checked out the cost, it only gives it in sterling £1-50 per min supposedly for a max of 6 mins so it's £9, or the euro equivalent, as it's an Irish premium No. you call from here, it does not mention the cost in Euro but it will cost over €10..... Normally I bin it without looking at it...

From what I've read the crowd running it have quite a history of spamming & scamming, taking great care to keep it all just within the law but always on the border and never what you'd call a fair deal...

I am very surprised Sky is validating this barely legal scam...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mr Levitation

Sorry all you folks had a bad experiance but it is true. There are millionaires out there because they scratched and called. I know one personally. Of course that Million came from other people's bad luck but hey thats the game. Ya maybe a scam etc etc but isn't the lotto the biggest scam of all??

Sorry all you folks had a bad experiance but it is true. There are millionaires out there because they scratched and called. I know one personally. Of course that Million came from other people's bad luck but hey thats the game. Ya maybe a scam etc etc but isn't the lotto the biggest scam of all??

You need to change your statement to millionaire - singular! Not plural as there has only been one winner EVER in the purley creative draw.

You obviously know Lorna Carr - the first winner of £1m in 18 years that the scratch card has been operating.
    http://blog.loquax.co.uk/news/purely-creative-scratchcard-winner-gets-1million-79.htm

Maybe, I'll check it out again in 2028 and see if a second winner has appeared by then!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mr Levitation

I take your point 91011. But just think of how many papers, in how many shops in Dublin alone would you get those scratch cards. Now of these how many were dumped, burned etc. I hate scams as much as the next fella but I see this crowd as something of a Ryanair. Ok we love to hate them but if you play by their rules you can actually get from Ireland to E.U countries cheaper than Dublin to Kerry on a train or flight. This scratch card crowd probably have put out more millionaire tickets and are delighted that there are people on forums saying "burn them straight away" etc etc. I dont feel foolish if I give it a go from time to time. I pass the local bookies who takes more off lads in the 5 min period before a race than this company does from this county in a the whole day (purely guessing mind).
    Anyway each to their own eh?
    And plural IS applicable.
    Purely Creative are not the only ones at this lark. I Don't know a Ms Carr and should you be putting her name up on blogs or is she gone public?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I do not get the "Ryanair" analogy.

• Advertisement

This scratch card crowd probably have put out more millionaire tickets and are delighted that there are people on forums saying "burn them straight away" etc etc. I dont feel foolish if I give it a go from time to time.

Purely Creative are not the only ones at this lark. I Don't know a Ms Carr and should you be putting her name up on blogs or is she gone public?

Do you REALLY think a crowd like this take a risk by putting extra £1m tickets about?
    No - It is a 100% con job for the people who believe the tripe they go on about. Technically legal, but morally wrong.

As for the name of Ms. Carr - part of the conditions of her win was for her to go public and Purely Creative milked it for all it was worth - just google it and see the number of press articles they got & photos!

Me thinks you have a connection with one of these "lottery" (company wins every time) larks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

The fact that these cards arrive in the newspaper/sky magazine ect. lends them some credibility. Its my belief that the cards are added at the newsagent. I usualy accidently drop them before leaving the newsagent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

2 stroke wrote: »
    The fact that these cards arrive in the newspaper/sky magazine ect. lends them some credibility. Its my belief that the cards are added at the newsagent. I usualy accidently drop them before leaving the newsagent.

I'd say more at the printers, since the Sky magazine comes in sealed in plastic wrapping.

They're great for entertaining the kids for a few minutes though, a coin each and off they go scratching their symbols with screams of happiness when they get 3 lemons. Poor lemons still end up in the fire though, I'd rather give my tenner to the official lottery.

edit : still receiving the letters and special prize draw entries btw, after having my name and address withrawn from register 2 or 3 times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

My mum fell for this one time she had won a "holiday", she received back some vouchers from a British travel agent with flights from Gatwick Airport, after taking off the £200 voucher the holiday would have cost alot more than an Irish equivalent.

Scam - into the fire with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Bump on this one.......
    Got a photography mag the other day and scratched it for fun
    first one i got nothing
    second i got three skittles
    third one i got two fans and a suitcase lmao
    3 Matching Symbols, they claim, = a cash payout of 1mill, 100,000, 20,000, 10,000, 5,000, 2,000, 1,000, 500, 250, 50, 25 and 10.. all in pounds may i add.
    2 Matching Symbols will get you a 'Top Treat' which includes a 5-star Break in Las Vegas for 6, fuel for a year free, mini break for 2 in rome, a dyson lmao, 200pound topshop card a gourmet food hamper and a holiday in croatia for 2 lol
    I think it's a load of bollocks but i've given it to my Dad and he can go run up his works phone rather than paying himself lol
    Anyone won Anything worthwhile yet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

So, he'll get a £10 or a voucher for a trip to Croatia, excluding transfers and accommodation, on certain dates with a certain tour operator......ex stanstad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Virtually Solid

Hi Guys,

received a swiss and austrian tour - ?? anybody else try this or even get back lol

VS

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

I seem to remember when I was about 8 or 9 years old that I scratched one of these things from a Sunday paper and was crying because my mam wouldn't let me ring the number to claim my prize. After she explained it was a scam I was grand. I was 8 years old and copped on to it.

These companies operate on the premise that there are stupid people out there who will invariably call the number. They are the same type of people who sign up for premium rate text services or send their bank details to Nigeria. As far as I'm concerned anyone who rings these numbers deserves to have their money taken, so they might eventually run out of money, die of starvation and reduce the surplus population. It's natural selection at work.

On the other hand as an earlier poster said, your keeping someone, somewhere in a job so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Virtually Solid

Guy I am just back from my DREAM holiday with these scammers had a wonderful time...REALLY ...NOT..!

They wont leave me alone - ok ok I am one of these guys who had no intention of going anyway but needed to prove a point so I called and listened for 10 min (work phone) - after a long chat with Stephen hawking I gave up -

I now get 10 emails a day from these guys begging me to take the trip ...! I didn’t know I could make such an impression on a robot in 10 min...

Any who everybody is right -- scam

curiosity killed the cat...! Fact [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/KEMALO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skyt

and have all 3 kittles which means i won 1 million. only problem Im from new zealand but am happy too give like 30k for helping me.

I will post photo soon.

cheers
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ClickityClick

I scratched a card, got 3 matching symbols, and won a holiday to the Algarve. I travelled to the Algarve (already booked) and checked out the apartments, and they were absolutely beautiful. I understood from the desk clerk that I would be expected to attend one meeting where I would be told all about the place etc. This notice appeared in the elevators also. The company that operate the apartments are Pleshey, which has a good reputation. Checked on Trip Advisor, and one contributer went there on a winning ticket and was approached only once to attend the meeting. I have the ticket in an envelope, but am hesitating. Has anybody taken up the offer of the week, as won on the scratch card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fran63

Current Prizes: up to 30/9/14
    €1,000,000 - 3 robins, shirts or buns
    €100,000 - 3 cakes
    Campervan - 3 snowflakes
    €4,000 - 3 grapes
    €250 Topshop Voucher - 3 clocks
    €75 cash - 3 anchors
    Cruise - 3 surfers
    €500 M & S voucher - 3 cars
    Apple iphone - 3 helicopters
    Log Cabin Break - 3 telephones