Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes - Asda

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bonnylass

Well folks, after all my chat it couldnt happen it seems that the head boys from asda are heading my way at least!! One of thr area managers in scotland told a friend from donegal he is heading our way to check out some stores up for sale :eek: dunno if that is dunnes or not, but not looking good!! I'll keep you's posted if and when i hear more :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

well got called into my managers office and was offered redundancy have to let him know by end of week,2 weeks for every year and 1 bonus week .........what a load of crap:(:(:(

joes girls wrote: »
    well got called into my managers office and was offered redundancy have to let him know by end of week,2 weeks for every year and 1 bonus week .........what a load of crap:(:(:(

Well if there are quite a few others in after you i wouldnt take it!! We got offered it 4 weeks ago now and they're now letting 7 staff go, but they haven't got two years service. The more in after you the further down the list you are for the chop ;)

ya also heard anyone under 2 years are going to be let go OMG what will they do next

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

WHAT??!!? Nothing in my store. I'll hold out on the hope they really desperate need any ladieswear staff they still have..they were hiring last week. Flagships have to be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

:(:(:(
    They broke their hearts - that's only the statutory minimum to which they will recover 60% of this payment from the employers prsi fund. Hold out if you can.

:(dont worry no one in our store is going to take it and i hope all other stores are the same:(

No-one in our store took it either, thats why they started picking off the ones who were easy pickings!! God only knows who they'll start on next, but im hoping they go by service rather than record cause that might be problem :D they are on a major cost-cutting drive though and they wont care who they off-load to help them along!!

any more news out there from the world of dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 41 grangeglens

front.pdf

seems like they are letting staff go in 2 cork stores

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

why is this not getting national media coverage??? are there no unions in dunnes?

I know there where a few cuts down home in recent weeks too and this was after them opening a new store there only a few weeks prior.

yes there is and they are full of sh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

yes there is and they are full of sh*t

and here was me thinking all unions where good for was making a racket the dunnes one can't even do that it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭JohnC.

calex71 wrote: »
    why is this not getting national media coverage??? are there no unions in dunnes?

Read the article. They comment in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

front.pdf

seems like they are letting staff go in 2 cork stores

they have been looking for redundancies for the last month or two, this is not new news and is not solely confined to the two cork stores mentioned above!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Ive heard that staff in cornelscourt have been offered redundancy, they have until the end of this week to decide whether to take it or not.It was just management that were offered it before now.

we got that offer ages ago....no one took it.....crap offer......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

we got that offer ages ago....no one took it.....crap offer......
    It is the exact same deal people will get when they start to make people redundant, crap or not that is the statutory minimum that they have to pay. Of course they will then start with people below 2 years of service to not have to pay anything.

I would have thought Cornelscourt would be safe. My store now was Grafton Street staff and Georges Street managers. The Ilac drapery is to go while the Ilac grocery will be moved into that space. All drpaery-only stores not doing well are in danger I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

They would have got a better price a few years ago.

If it is going ahead - It is taking pretty long.

• Advertisement

we all on 4 hour days now.......only fulltimers do the mornins....the rest of us are gettin all the **** hours......is it the same everywhere........:(

No. Our sales are up because of price drops. Full timers and flexi on 37.5 hour weeks, part-timers on 20-25 hour weeks. Did the price drops not help sales at all? We were hiring as well. Is your store drapery only? I know of a few stores where the drapery's doing awful but the grocery part is doing brilliantly and it carries the whole store.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I can't put my finger on it but I haven't bought anything in the clothing dept in Dunnes since x-mas.

I'm not usually to pushed on price if the product is good and fits well, but I just haven't seen anything I like.

But saying that my local store looks just as busy, though I have heard alot of giving out about changes in hours etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

No. Our sales are up because of price drops. Full timers and flexi on 37.5 hour weeks, part-timers on 20-25 hour weeks. Did the price drops not help sales at all? We were hiring as well. Is your store drapery only? I know of a few stores where the drapery's doing awful but the grocery part is doing brilliantly and it carries the whole store.

Always remember just because you have price drops its not good for the company. They now have to do twice the work to get to there previous profit lines. Sales might be up but profits will be down. The strategy dunnes is using is a survival strategy ie they are just trying to get through the hard times. I pity there suppliers i would say they are beating the jasus out of them for rebates.

Yeah but it's twice as busy as it was before Easter. Easter was horrendous, nobody got off tills and we never got out earlier than an hour and a half after the shop closed (latest they can keep us). It's still really busy now, much busier than this time last year. If it was bad, the first thing to go would be hours.

we the same its always busy...but they dont bring in enough staff so we are all workin flat out......hope the summer will bring a change in hours.even to get up to 30 would be great...

Advertisement