Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone know of a diamond buyer in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

I have a diamond valued at over 20k and am wondering does anyone know of anyone who would buy such a thing in Dublin, fully traceable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Jay D wrote: »
    I have a diamond valued at over 20k and am wondering does anyone know of anyone who would buy such a thing in Dublin, fully traceable.

Dont be even slightly surprised if you're offered less than half that price.
    That was more than likely a retail valuation and not what ot would cost to buy the stone on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Degsy wrote: »
    Dont be even slightly surprised if you're offered less than half that price.
    That was more than likely a retail valuation and not what ot would cost to buy the stone on the market.

I´m aware of that, thanks.

I´m aware of that, thanks.

Good man.
    What is it,about 6 carats?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Pfft it would be in the hundreds of thousands of it were six carats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Diamonds will be very sought after in the current financial climate, a 20k diamond would be better than money in the bank.... If your are offered buttons, I wouldn't sell, they will know what its worth......

Would be a handy way to AHEM (hide or launder money ;) ) if anyone was that way inclined............... Or for anyone just looking a safe investment......

What size is a 20grand diamond????????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'd take a guess at 1.5 - 2.5 carats.

Depends on its cut, colour, clarity.

thanks everyone the diamonds are part of a ring and in total are in and around 10 carats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

thanks everyone the diamonds are part of a ring and in total are in and around 10 carats
    Jesus christ, how big is this ring?

I can't even picture a ring with 10 carats, be it a number of smaller diamonds or a couple of large diamonds.

Are you sure you haven't gotten something wrong there? How many diamonds are in the ring?

• Advertisement

Jesus christ, how big is this ring?

I can't even picture a ring with 10 carats, be it a number of smaller diamonds or a couple of large diamonds.

Are you sure you haven't gotten something wrong there? How many diamonds are in the ring?

sorry I beg your pardon I don't know wtf I was writing 10 for yesterday :confused:

It consists of 3 diamonds, one's 2.7, another 2.5 and then 1.2--- totalling 6.4 to be percise :) any takes as a matter of interest?

Advertisement