Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I saw Penn and Teller

Options
  • 29-01-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

...live in the Rio in Las Vegas. And it was awesome. They're very good at what they do, both magic and entertainment, and if anyone is headed that way, I'd urge you to get tickets!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

I hate you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

cool!
    Their tv show "bull****" is brilliant, don't know what channel its on, but it can be found on the internet etc.
    Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Please dont recommend torrents, its against site rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

I *SO* want to go see them in the Rio - actually thinking of going to Las Vegas later on this year just to see the show!

How long is the show? Is it hard to get tickets near the front? I absolutely love P&T!!

their show is the only reason i would go to las vegas, aswell as the gambling and fun. i love p&t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

Penn and Teller are awesome! Unfortunately I was in Vegas in '97 a few years before they were at the show in the Rio. Would love to see them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I saw their bullet catch in the mouth trick once and thought it was bloody fabulous. Then I couldn't help myself and watched a reveal video and loved it even more. I've seen a fair few of them Bullsh!t shows . They're alright, a bit quirky and that .

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

If it's the video someone showed me then their method is very wrong!!! It over complicates it all hugely and isn't practical at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Keep in mind that most of their "reveals" aren't actually reveals at all. The explanations on youtube for most of their tricks aren't usually the way they do it and are occasionally tricks within themselves.

Which makes me adore them all the more.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Went over to vegas with a mate there last month for the World Series of Poker (my other vice!!) and got tickets to this as i have always loved these guys. Prices were very reasonable and show was very very good.

Afterwards managed to get pictures with both of them and they both signed my ticket for me. Were real nice and very easy to chat with. Teller was espicially nice (but very short!).

If you are passing through vegas go see this show. Defo a highlight of my trip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

you get to meet everyone! jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

zuroph wrote: »
    you get to meet everyone! jealous.

Well I have yet to meet angelina jolie, but when i do, I'll be sure to bring my marraige sack with me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

bigslick wrote: »
    Afterwards managed to get pictures with both of them...

Yeah, me too. Was over in Vegas on holidays recently; they hang around after the show and let people take their pictures with them. Penn calls everyone "boss". Really cool guys, fun show and the one place I bought a souvenir because I wanted to throw the guys some extra dosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but is anyone going to their shows in London next month? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm going to vegas in 3 weeks and I was gonna go see them, I'll report back if you want.

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm going to vegas in 3 weeks and I was gonna go see them, I'll report back if you want.

Cool!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Apparently Penn and Teller are on the Jonathan ross show either this weekend or next weekend.

oeb wrote: »
    Apparently Penn and Teller are on the Jonathan ross show either this weekend or next weekend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2010/07_july/09/ross.shtml

It's on tonight!! - Sweet!!

Got my tickets for the London Hammersmith next weekend, 3rd row, absolutely insanely excited about it. Saw them in Vegas 4 years ago, this is going to be amazing (again)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

on BBC 1 @ 7pm The One Show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I saw them in The Rio.

Good night out but don't get overhyped by the reports here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gymbunny2010

They were actually playing in Las Vegas a week after I was on holiday there in 2006! :mad:

I've been a fan of them for many years - loved their Bullsh*t show too!

Well for anyone who missed them in the Hammersmith in London they need not worry.

I would consider myself an absolutely massive P&T fan but their show was a bit disappointing.

Having seen them in Vegas and the incredible show, the London show seemed to be a watered down version of that show. As far as I know, this was out of their control, they were unable to perform their bullet trick, the broken glass trick amongst others, and whilst I thoroughly enjoyed the show and just being in their presence, I felt the show was a bit lacklustre due to things beyond their control..

Fair play to them though, they came out (as they do in the Rio) and met all their fans and took loads of pictures on the street outside the Apollo (no security or anything, just happy to stand there for a couple of hours meeting people).

As a huge P&T fan and having seen them in Rio, I know this was a blip out of their control, but I would feel that any first time go-ers would have been let down a bit!

Great to see them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sharkbite1983

see them on wossy? they did the paper cup trick at the end, then they did it again with see through cups, their slight of hand is so fast, i still dunno how they did it, even with clear cups :confused::confused::confused:

legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I saw them in the Rio in Vegas last week and even though the tricks were amazing at times ( espically the bullet catch) at one stage I genuinely believe they were tryig to rally the audience to invade china.

It was truly bizzare bur I enjoyed the show.

Advertisement