Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sparks.

Options
  • 29-01-2009 6:50pm

When your really attracted to someone, how do you feel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

flushed and dizzy. nervous and giddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Magnetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

all of the above, breathless, heart jumping...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Hmmm do you mean around them in general or during sexytime?

i love that feeling where your hearts racing and you are like "whats happening?" and then you realise you fancy them :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Interested in how they think, their hopes their opinions, want to be around them more, horny, excited by their presence and a little down at their absence. I've never had the spark, hit by a ton of bricks thing really. Instant sexual attraction yes, but if they were incompatible that died quick, but anything more took time and built up.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Inferior of course!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

i love that feeling where your hearts racing and you are like "whats happening?" and then you realise you fancy them :D
    Really?. Never had that. I knew I fancied them, but the thought came before the heart racing, so I already knew I fancied them. I've never been even close to being caught unawares. People are different that's for sure.:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Hmmm do you mean around them in general or during sexytime?

Both, all views and expierences welcome.
    I'm also interested in often people get that feeling.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Quite often tongue tied, clumsy and utterly stupid. So if I meet ya and I stammer and trip up, youre game on :D

Generally if I see someone I fancy.. the feelings are pretty base. Horniness. Otherwise, what Wibbs said.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Really?. Never had that. I knew I fancied them, but the thought came before the heart racing, so I already knew I fancied them. I've never been even close to being caught unawares. People are different that's for sure.:D

well i'm aware when someones attractive but theres a difference between that and fancying them. its usually when i'm not suppose to be looking around, either self imposed singledom or in a relationship. so then i avoid them like the plague if i'm with someone or go after them if i'm single.

well i'm aware when someones attractive but theres a difference between that and fancying them.
    Gotcha. What I meant was I've never been surprised if you know what I mean. I've never known someone thought she was attractive, but then one day gone Wow:eek: I fancy her.

As for feelings in sexytime; I would say I want to possess them completely, be part of them, damn near mentally liquidise them and drink them in. Very animalistic for me anyway. Mouth goes dry and then the other way, every part of my body wants to touch every part of theirs. Now love type sexy time would be that and so much more, trust, intimacy and losing myself with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

I don't suffer from vertigo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Have never had that instant eyes meet across a bar falling in love kind of thing.

Normally when I first meet someone I don't feel anything like that, then after about an hour or two of chatting to them something clicks in me and I suddenly realise "oh shit, I've got a crush", this moment of clarity usually occurs after the person in question says something that makes me laugh my ass off, sense of humour seems to be the clincher for me

Gotcha. What I meant was I've never been surprised if you know what I mean. I've never known someone thought she was attractive, but then one day gone Wow:eek: I fancy her.

i dunno, i guess i'm weird lol. my mind and heart are a second behind eachother :P
    i guess theres been times where i've gone "wow" because i see a new side to them thats made me reevaluate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 nylon

As for feelings in sexytime; I would say I want to possess them completely, be part of them, damn near mentally liquidise them and drink them in. Very animalistic for me anyway. Mouth goes dry and then the other way, every part of my body wants to touch every part of theirs. Now love type sexy time would be that and so much more, trust, intimacy and losing myself with them.

Definitely.

When I'm attracted to someone, my stomach tingles just from standing beside them, from catching their eye. I tend to blush and babble.

When I really desire someone, the feeling can be overpowering- I want to consume them entirely, come close to losing control. It can be almost aggressive... mmm...

Phew... (calms self down)

haha this threads put me in a good mood. reminds me of how great it is to properly fancy someone, can't wait for my next crush. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Has happened me before, its pretty cool. How I react to fancying someone depends on who they are a lot of the time, if they were someone with some authority I tend to go inside myself, if its like a woman I met in a bar a while ago*, then I can't seem to break eye contact with them, and a little bit of me wants to go howl at the moon or something.

*nothing happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Interested in how they think, their hopes their opinions, want to be around them more, horny, excited by their presence and a little down at their absence. I've never had the spark, hit by a ton of bricks thing really. Instant sexual attraction yes, but if they were incompatible that died quick, but anything more took time and built up.

This exactly. I never had the spark thing, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

haha this threads put me in a good mood. reminds me of how great it is to properly fancy someone, can't wait for my next crush. :D

3 months in and my heart still races and breath goes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

lust - if I am near them I just want to grab them and kiss them and do more...
    true love - they make me smile no matter how bad my day is when I see them and I want to hug them and have sex with them...bit akward when we are in work but we hold out until we get home!

The first time I saw my husband was two years before we really talked but the big thing was that I remembered seeing him for the first time, it is like it was in slow motion, I was instantly attracted to him and remember saying to my mum that night that I had seen a very attractive man. It is the only time that has happened to me. He remembers me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭DubLass

...... and cue the giveaway blush :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

its that feeling whereby you want to climb into their skin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

DubLass wrote: »
    ...... and cue the giveaway blush :o

Girls never blush with me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

To be honest, me blushing is nothing unusual. I'm usually fairly sure I like someone if I'm completely paranoid that they think I'm staring at them. Pathetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Girls never blush with me. :(

In the past I've been capable of triggering rashes... that's sort of like a blush..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Ive never been shy, so the looking away and heart beating in the chest never happened- mores the pity. Reason being, if I met a guy who was a bit shy it went either one of two ways. Happy I was chatty as it helped put him at ease, or felt threatened.

What I do feel though, is confident because Im chatty, and ravenously horny. Thats genuinely it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

It took one night of camping at Rock Werchter to fall for my boyfriend. He had been left behind by his friends so hung around with my friends as he knew them too. And by the end of the night...i had that feeling where you cant stop thinking about them, you feel nervous, you try tell yourself "dont fall for them because youll get hurt".
    You're so excited and nervous when you talk to them. You feel sick with butterflies when you're going to meet up with them. You feel depressed and stupid when you get the feeling they dont like you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

wow...... reading this thread has made me realise it has been a lonnnng time since iv felt any of that, or anything like that about anyone....
    damn thats sad....

guess i dont feel like that at first, takes a while...for that...

i-cant-stand-being-away-from-you-i want-to-look-at-you-all-day-

sort of thing.....

Advertisement