Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sparks.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Nope it is for big hairy bollicked warriors.

So you are looking for a big hairy bollicked warrior who is brave enough to woo you ?

Any wooing at the rally?

I've never been wooed in my life..... (see other answer)

I did get to slobber over the most beautiful man in the Village. :D

Thaedydal wrote: »
    So you are looking for a big hairy bollicked warrior who is brave enough to woo you ?

I'm not that evolved yet. I haven't learned to control my Moonbaby see, Moonbaby wants reflex.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

i feel bewitched, bothered and bewildered ;)

in all seriousness though...i'm quite a chatty person but i find if i feel a spark with someone i'm more likely to listen and am really attentive. all the usual things too..butterflies, want to be near them, feel a bit spaced out..
    i get crushes on people quite often, just what i've always been like. generally they're harmless, only once have i had to slap myself out of it,lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Out of interest, why couldn't you grow a set of ovaries and ask him? just saying.

Because there are chasers and there are chasee's. When one tries to be the other they leave their comfort zone, try to do what doesn't come naturally to them and they find themselves in a mighty pickle. We all have strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes and it's a fallacy and disservice to ones'self to try and and change that. If Niamho! prefers to be chased then chase another leave her be, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. I'd be the same tbh.

On the few occasions I've done the chasing it's always invariably gone totally belly up down the line - if he hasn't the cojones to talk to me and be upfront enough to ask me out from the get-go then he certainly won't have the proverbials to handle me when we're deeper into a relationship and I need a strong character to handle my... erm... quirkier qualities.

Just saying like.

Back to the OP though.
    Moonbaby wrote:
    When your really attracted to someone, how do you feel?
    Warm and tingly in a whole host of ways :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Excited and on edge in the best possible way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, that "good" nervous sensation... love it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

Sweaty Palms and inability to talk when I am with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Because she is a lady and has a right to be wooed. Damn it!

True. And so do the gentlemen.
    Bah.

wooing's for storybooks.

Don't dare disparage fairytales.:( I love storybooks, and there's nothing wrong with happy endings.
    Nope it is for big hairy bollicked warriors.

I love Moonbaby's turn of phrase!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I got all excited when I seen the thread title.

But now I'm all :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Don't dare disparage fairytales.:( I love storybooks, and there's nothing wrong with happy endings.

Nothing wrong with fairytales so long as they stay in the storybooks.

GI wrote:
    I love Moonbaby's turn of phrase!:D

Troof!

Nothing wrong with fairytales so long as they stay in the storybooks.

You see, I believe life should be full of happy ever afters. It might not work out that way, but I like to aim high.

I'm an optimist.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Its always better to aim high I think. And optimism is a much maligned sport.

Its always better to aim high I think.

To paraphrase Wilde, we might all be lying in the gutter, but it shouldn't stop us from looking at the stars. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Because she is a lady and has a right to be wooed. Damn it!

My woo tends to be misdirected.

Which is pretty much every John Woo film ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭nevershutsup

butterflies in the stomach before during or after seeing him ... even thinking about him... tells me im feelin the sparks...

making me laugh and making me cheesy smile at whatever stupid thing he says or does also happens.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

This thread makes me smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭nevershutsup

Jules wrote: »
    This thread makes me smile.

me too... i think thats what it was supposed to make you do and make you think of the times you felt your sparks..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

[SensitiveAnti]Its a deep, burning , niggeling feeling in the pit of your stomach.

It's when you cant stop thinking about that person all day.

It's when you think your world would collapse without them.

It's how they make you smile, laugh or cry even when you dont want too.

It's when just a just looking at them takes yoru breath away.

It's..... So many things really ! [/SensitiveAnti]

[NormalAnti] Gtfo crazay biatches[/NormalAnti]

And then they go and make ya feel the way you felt the first time with a few simple little words.

• Advertisement

Oh god....your totally cuddling and eskimo kissing now aren't ye. :eek:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

balls dee...

:p

and then goes and takes it all away again!

typical man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

You see, I believe life should be full of happy ever afters. It might not work out that way, but I like to aim high.
    To paraphrase Wilde, we might all be lying in the gutter, but it shouldn't stop us from looking at the stars. :)

Life is not a Disney movie.:)

Happy ever afters are all very well if you're also prepared to deal with the harsh, cold realities of disappointment and rejection too. You can't get through life just looking through the rose tinted glasses all the time.

Its one thing being a hopless romantic, being blind to the world is something else.

Life is not a Disney movie.:)

Happy ever afters are all very well if you're also prepared to deal with the harsh, cold realities of disappointment and rejection too. You can't get through life just looking through the rose tinted glasses all the time.

Its one thing being a hopless romantic, being blind to the world is something else.

It should be more like a Disney movie - one of the more evolved ones anyway!

I'm never going to trudge through life waiting for disappointment, its more likely to become a self fulfilling prophecy then surely?

And I'm not a hopeless romantic, I'm a hopeful one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I would settle for Aladdin. Then i get a monkey i can understand, a magic carpet, a genie and an amazing ability to burst into random song and not have people look at me funny like they do now, but join in and dance too.

Sweet.
    I'm never going to trudge through life waiting for disappointment, its more likely to become a self fulfilling prophecy then surely?

Hold onto that. I gave it up for a while and went though a bad cycle, i put my hopeful face back on and what do you know, it's been awesome ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Dragan wrote: »
    I would settle for Aladin. Then i get a monkey i can understand, a magic carpet, a genie and an amazing ability to burst into random song and not have people look at me funny like they do now, but join in and dance too.

You had me at monkey... sigh....

Dragan wrote: »
    I would settle for Aladdin. Then i get a monkey i can understand, a magic carpet, a genie and an amazing ability to burst into random song and not have people look at me funny like they do now, but join in and dance too.

This is my point. Who wouldn't want that?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

I give up!

Truth told, I like your way of thinking, I'm just too cynical at this stage to be capable of it. :)

To answer the OP, when I feel an initial attraction to someone, I feel heat starting at the neck and snaking its way down to the groin. Feels preettty good.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement