Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haggling on prices with apple student discount)

• 29-01-2009 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Have a quote for the new macbook 2.4ghz model for €1350 with the student discount! Does anyone know if apple are "haggle proof", i know dell will lower their prices if you say your deciding between them and another computer!

BTW, dunno if this is in the right section?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

It never hurts to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

I got it up north, was £1369 -£204 with student discount, then the 3 year apple care programme had a HUGE discount for students, got it or £58 when its usually £280 or something, defo worth it! Paid €1400 when the exchange rate was .88c including everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Im after finding the laptop on dabs.ie for 1250

Thats the 2.4ghz model! thinking of going with that but i dunno how much delivery is with dabs.ie, i have another post in the online buying forum so i should get an answer back soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Delivery is €12 with dabs

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Delivery is €12 with dabs

Thanks... i ordered with dabs and recieved it today:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Will they let u use a ROI student card to purchase up north?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Cas2007

does haggling with big companies like these really work?

Works with dell, Got €150 off my last desktop by ordering over the phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭skooterblue

If you are either a student or a teacher of sorts you can get a 6% discount from Apple. If you know someone working for Apple (ie me), They can get you a 27-10% discount depending. I have done it before for people. Get the price off the Internet and subtract the discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

haha thought from the thread title is was an edible apple that you were haggling!

• Advertisement
Advertisement