Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having a "number for times thanked" count

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

This thread has reached comedy gold status.

5 *s

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Orestes has a big one.

So many threads on thanks at the moment. Has boards got enough room for all these egos? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

This thread is proving very unhelpful, its also showing up a lot of people as assholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

tba wrote: »
    This thread is proving very unhelpful, its also showing up a lot of people as assholes.
    that was funny. as i'm sure xavi will agree. he's a good guy that xavi.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Awful idea. You already get people posting complete usless crap trying to be funny to get thanks, far too much of that already

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Awful idea. You already get people posting complete usless crap trying to be funny to get thanks, far too much of that already
    if it's useless crap it's useless crap, i don't think the thanks has anything to do with it.
    i think the really funny folk get a hard time for being funny, just because they get more thanks than other people, for actually being funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

mikemac wrote: »
    And there are witty posters in After Hours who don't realy give advice but are capable of funny posts and get loads of thanks. I'm thinking Pighead & possibly Javaboy here. Great posters but do they give advice outside After Hours? Don't think so...

Wibbs is my alt account. :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Go Earthhorse go!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Your thanks count is not your post count or something like that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

what's thanks-whoring? read it on post no.2,in a nutshell please?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

staker wrote: »
    what's thanks-whoring? read it on post no.2,in a nutshell please?
    In a nutshell? I'll thank your posts if you thank mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    Could be, I'm not 100% on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    **** fartel,thank marel, shank farrell? these were the thoughts, my bad:o

mikemac wrote: »
    I think you raised a good point but it won't realy work.

Like I respond to a poster with good advice I might 2-3 thanks.
    If I start a thread in After Hours rating about Fianna Fail I might get 10 or more thanks.

So realy, I don't judge thanks as a way of seeing who is a helpful poster. They are posters over in Work forum and State Benefits who give great advice but get feck all thanks.

And there are witty posters in After Hours who don't realy give advice but are capable of funny posts and get loads of thanks. I'm thinking Pighead & possibly Javaboy here. Great posters but do they give advice outside After Hours? Don't think so...
    what a crock of sh1t.

after hours and work/state benefits are completely different places. you will NEVER find a post in after hours that was thanked for it's genuine good advice! why? because after hours isn't for fcuking advice. if the tight arses over in politics dont thank people, so be it, but that's not a problem with the system, it's a problem with the user.

Mirror wrote: »
    what a crock of sh1t.

after hours and work/state benefits are completely different places. you will NEVER find a post in after hours that was thanked for it's genuine good advice! why? because after hours isn't for fcuking advice. if the tight arses over in politics dont thank people, so be it, but that's not a problem with the system, it's a problem with the user.

Stop generalising.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Stop generalising.
    form an argument or take your whiney statements elsewhere.

• Advertisement

You made the statement, not me. I'm contradicting it. Up to you to prove it.

Sorry, I know it's a politics request for substantiation.

You made the statement, not me. I'm contradicting it. Up to you to prove it.

Sorry, I know it's a politics request for substantiation.

good call there. only you've yet to specfy which statement you have a problem with :rolleyes:

good call there. only you've yet to specfy which statement you have a problem with :rolleyes:

Look in the Mirror.*

*PS. Post No.80. I thought the request for clarification was cleared up in post No.81?

Look in the Mirror.*

*PS. Post No.81.
    i made at least 6 statements in that post. so brush up on your english and come back to me in never. i have no time for idiocy.

i made at least 6 statements in that post. so brush up on your english and come back to me in never. i have no time for idiocy.

At least? Make up your mind.

Quantify?

At least? Make up your mind.
    that was another statement. of fact. not a matter of indecision.

edit:

p.s. for someone who's telling me to make up my mind, do you think i'm going to respond to your edits??

p.p.s. i dont even want a response to this.

Please clarify.

I prefer questioning FACTS, not indecision.

edit:

p.s. for someone who's telling me to make up my mind, do you think i'm going to respond to your edits??

p.p.s. i dont even want a response to this.

Well, you are to eager to read my responses.

edit:Would you prefer 10 posts or one edit?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Seems Orestes ran out of thanks, haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Go Earthhorse go!

Okay!

What am I supposed to be doing exactly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement