Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIS at UCC = waste of time

Options
  • 29-01-2009 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hello,

Anyone else here do that course.

Is it just me or is it the biggest load of b*ll****.

It looks good on paper but is so easy. Then they brought out the MBS in BIS that allows anyone to trump the bsc in BIS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

MrMiyagi wrote: »
    Hello,

Anyone else here do that course.

Is it just me or is it the biggest load of b*ll****.

It looks good on paper but is so easy. Then they brought out the MBS in BIS that allows anyone to trump the bsc in BIS.

What year are you in?

While alot of it may seem like BS its a good course for getting a job (or at least was I graduated 2 years ago). The company I work for (approx 120 people) 1 in 3 come from a BIS degree/masters. (mostly degree) which is amazing if you think about it.

As for it being easy well if you come out with a 1h then fair play to you but I sure didn't think it was it! I agree it can be a bit boring in places but every course is in parts.

What parts of the course do you not like in particular? How would you improve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MrMiyagi

What year are you in?

While alot of it may seem like BS its a good course for getting a job (or at least was I graduated 2 years ago). The company I work for (approx 120 people) 1 in 3 come from a BIS degree/masters. (mostly degree) which is amazing if you think about it.

As for it being easy well if you come out with a 1h then fair play to you but I sure didn't think it was it! I agree it can be a bit boring in places but every course is in parts.

What parts of the course do you not like in particular? How would you improve it?

I graduated around the same time as yourself. I got a 2.1 without any great effort.

I found it hard to get a job in IT and ended up working in fund administration (for 7 of the most boring months of my life).

I enjoyed the course but it was so easy. Most of the final year projects were bogus proof of concepts.

How would I change the course? I would make it tougher. There should be no need to study and MBS in BIS if you have done 4 years.

I wanted to work in IT as I enjoyed working in group projects etc but couldnt get a job. Any ideas on where I might get a job? I know the course is respected and I dont want to do a masters.

Thank you

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

This forum is for people who have graduated from college. If you want to discuss a postgraduate course, please do so in the Postgrad forum. Also, it is best if you do not go around referring to places as bo||ocks. You are entitled to your opinion, but you're posting on a public forum so keep that in mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement