Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ALDI store for Tullamore???

Options
  • 29-01-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭

I noticed in the Tullamore Tribune an article about a new store for Aldi. They plan to build a new store and then demolish the old one. Also planned is a DIY store and garden centre.

Is the old store too small or what, it seems to compare well with other Aldi's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Aldi at the moment are increasing their shop quantities nationwide so it could be just a case of them using the Tullamore store as one of their flagship stores or they could be using it as a distribution centre aswell.

Are the DIY and garden centre going to be part of the Alsi store or is it being opened by someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Lidl was actually rumoured to closing their 'Main' Street outlet in Tullamore town and moving out beside Tesco to cradle the by-pass once finished. The paid parking is killing them (and everyone else) in the town.

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

Seanie M wrote: »
    Lidl was actually rumoured to closing their 'Main' Street outlet in Tullamore town and moving out beside Tesco to cradle the by-pass once finished. The paid parking is killing them (and everyone else) in the town.

Seanie.
    Hi Seanie M

I hadnt heard the Lidl rumour about moving. I did hear a rumour that the White house is going to be knocked down to provide access to the lands behind maybe this could be for Lidl. The two bungalows beside Aldi in front of tesco which are empty are to be knocked aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 lavman

medoc wrote: »
    I noticed in the Tullamore Tribune an article about a new store for Aldi. They plan to build a new store and then demolish the old one. Also planned is a DIY store and garden centre.

small compared to some stores

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭PaulieG

Hi Seanie M

I hadnt heard the Lidl rumour about moving. I did hear a rumour that the White house is going to be knocked down to provide access to the lands behind maybe this could be for Lidl. The two bungalows beside Aldi in front of tesco which are empty are to be knocked aswell.

Hi all. The White House in not being knocked down. I know this for sure. The two bungalows beside Aldi were sold for a small fortune during the boom to a company who planned to build a big retail and warehouse development on the site, however they were Refused planning permission and are now left with two derelict houses and nothing else. The two families who sold them their homes laughed all the way to the bank and the last I heard, they were still laughing.:)

• Advertisement

PaulieG wrote: »
    Hi all. The White House in not being knocked down. I know this for sure. The two bungalows beside Aldi were sold for a small fortune during the boom to a company who planned to build a big retail and warehouse development on the site, however they were Refused planning permission and are now left with two derelict houses and nothing else. The two families who sold them their homes laughed all the way to the bank and the last I heard, they were still laughing.:)

Thanks for the reply. The White house rumour was just one of the things you hear from a lad in the pub , I thought it was a load of rubbish. Afriend of mine knows the family who sold the two houses and they got a nice bit alrite. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

true - i worked on the planning permission for it!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Not too sure on an opening time, but last time I went by I saw some guys inside with palettes of tiles at work so maybe the inside is nearing completion. Probably gonna be rushed for a Christmas opening. All speculation mind.

As for size, it does look larger, definately taller than the old building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Double post. Delete mods

Now im not 100 per cent sure if it was for this new store but they were recruiting about 2months ago. I remember cos a friend applied. Managerial staff and stores i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭anigheh

Am reliably informed new store to open mid November will be quite a bit larger than old store and is the new standard sized store, a completely new shopping experience for any regular shoppers. It will be brighter and much more spacious, and may well recruit some new staff.

anigheh wrote: »
    Am reliably informed new store to open mid November will be quite a bit larger than old store and is the new standard sized store, a completely new shopping experience for any regular shoppers. It will be brighter and much more spacious, and may well recruit some new staff.

Its really taking shape alrite. It looks like they widened the entrance into the retail park. Its a pity they didn't take the opertunity to widen the exit of the roundabout on the Port road.

The new store will open next Thursday 12th. Just read it on the advertisement in the paper.

What dose everyone think of the store? Much bigger than the last one?
    I cant say it looks too much bigger myself. (probably is though)

Advertisement