Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help.

Options
  • 29-01-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I hope this is the right place for this. I have a facebook account and for some reason i cannot log-in. When i type my password, the search bar goes at the bottom then the page refreshes itself. I can log in on other comps but not my own. Any techies can you help this damsel in distress?
    Pam:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

What browser (and version of it) are you using?

How long has this been happening?

Have you installed any plugins for the browser recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'll probably move this eventually but I'm curious. What's the URL for the login page you're using (That's in the address bar above the webpage).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Sound's like Internet Explorer 8 (beta).
    Click "Compatibility View" button.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 glynandpam

The only update that was done was a defender one. i have internet explrer and google chroome and neither works.
    http://www.facebook.com/

http://www.facebook.com/people/******Dolan/***********

Didnt want my details for everyone so * them out.

It works fine on other computers. I have uninstalled windows defender but to no effect. also all my security i uninstalled and then tried and still nothing, so i installed it all again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Possible badly written virus, do a scan to be sure. Try firefox. try clicking login button instead of pressing enter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭stephenlane80

yea, usually when something doesnt work in IE firefox is always worth a try

Advertisement