Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHeapest 5 a side pitches in Galway?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

A group of us usually use the pitches out in Drom but they've very recently put up their prices from 40euro to 60euro for an hour.

Just wondering does anyone know any other pitches around galway that are cheaper than that?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The hall in the Kingfisher, NUIG is €35 an hour. It's a good spot for some indoor 5 a side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Unless they have changed how they operate good luck getting a time slot

Went in looking for a slot before christmas, asked what slots were available , they replied that it didnt work like that. You request a time and they get back to you about whether its available (I had requested times a couple of weeks before that and they never got back to me). Spent a good 10 minutes trying to convince them that this was an awful system. got no where

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    The hall in the Kingfisher, NUIG is €35 an hour. It's a good spot for some indoor 5 a side.

Do you have to be a student or gym member to book it??

Back to the original question, you could try the astro turf pitches in Mervue or if you are prepared to drive the ones out in Oranmore. Sorry, don't know prices but could be worth giving them a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Thanks guys, I'll give the ones in the kingfisher and mervue a scouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Glen oaks in westside is perfectly usable for a 5 a side, the turf isn't in the best condition but if its for something other than a competitive match it should be grand.

And its free.

You'd be very lucky to get a spot in NUIG tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement