Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming @ UL

Options
  • 29-01-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to know how much is it for non members to go swimming in UL and whats the best time to go at, try do avoid the students and all that!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Swimming

The swimming pool in UL is the largest in town. Usually a ticket costs about 7 Euros, however, for students it is available for only 1.60 Euros. Once you have bought your ticket, you can stay in the water as long as you want to. Some may prefer swimming, while others do one of the offered activities in the water. After swimming you have the possibility to go to the Sauna, where you can relax. You do not have to pay extra for that.

from : http://www.mic.ul.ie/efl/limerick-w.html or http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/UniversityArena/the%20arena

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I usually go around 5.30 as you miss the students but its before the people who finish work start going, for the love of god dont go on saturday afternoons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Thanks for the info!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I could have told you that! ;)

I was out there at 4:00pm last week and a big section of the pool was taken up by children doing lessons, so you might want to go a little bit earlier than that to avail of the shallow end/full 50m length.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

The worst place ever to go. Its constantly packed. UL is a nightmare and them students are as thick as the wall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

It most certainly is not the "worst place ever to go". Its one of hte best pools in Ireland if not Europe. I know as I swim there regularly. "Its constantly packed" - I presume you are there 8 hrs a day 7 days a week, to hold this viewpoint? Ive swam there at different times of the day/week/year, sometimes its busy, sometimes its quiet. "UL is a nightmare and them students are as thick as the wall" - well, nuff said really. Sounds like you have some sort of problem!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

I used to be a member there for 3 months. It was useless. but in your defence I never really used the pool. Qeueing up for the machines in the gym was taking up most of my day. Its a brilliant pool and of course it is one of the best in europe but there are way too many people using it and the gym. The castletroy park hotel is/was far better. way more relaxing and a lot more quieter.

And yes I have a massive problem with the students in UL. you are correct. I live in an estate that is not designated for students although it is over run by them. Last night, some tosser from Kerry randomely jumped on the bonnet of my car while I was driving. I got out and grabbed him. Locked him in the back of the car and the guards arrested the little prick. This is not just a once off either. Them spoilt little fuker$ are running around vandilising everything around them with no respect for others. Last year a couple of them decided to climb in to my back garden, let my dog out and have in their house without telling me. I found out after he ran out of the house later that evening after I was looking for him for over 4 hours. needless to say I went over and kicked the ****e out of them. they are a nightmare and I am being forced to move out of my home because of them.
    I apologise for my earlier message but I am extremely angry at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Apology accepted TheLoc! seeing as this thread was about the pool, I will stay on topic and not comment about the behaviour of students. I cant comment about the gym, Ive actually never been in there! But I can talk about the pool, I LOVE IT and if I could I would swim there 7 days+ a week! If I had a make a list of hte things I like most about Limerick, the pool would be at the top of the list! so thats why I reacted to your post, as it might give people the wrong impression.
    BTW I am not an employee of the pool/UL, nor do I have any connection with it, so I have no agenda here, am just a big fan of the pool in UL thats all!

gone up to €2.20 for students now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 queenbe

€3.50 for kidsthink it €7 -€7.50 for adults

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

TheLoc wrote: »
    The worst place ever to go. Its constantly packed. UL is a nightmare and them students are as thick as the wall

well quite a few cannot read the sign on the indoor running track telling them which direction to run,

Advertisement