Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclub door fees?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Hey lads.

Just ook a look though the sticky for a few nightclubs in the city. What are they like for charging at the door? I take it a few of those clubs are closed now too?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

sunnyjim wrote: »
    Hey lads.

Just ook a look though the sticky for a few nightclubs in the city. What are they like for charging at the door? I take it a few of those clubs are closed now too?
    only club 51 and langtons charge. I dont go there so I wouldn no. Amberblacks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Wow, quick reply! Thanks. Just looking for somewhere to go tomorrow and saturday night.

Question... Why do you not go? Me and my friends are a bunch of dirty jackeen city slickers. Anywhere worth avoiding?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Only Langtons and Club 51 left. There are however a few late night bars.

Jackeens tend to head for Biddy Earlys, Lanigans, Paris Texas. Check out this site - http://www.whazon.com/kilkenny/pubs.php It's far from an exhaustive list of pubs in Kilkenny but it's a start!

Langtons Club is only open on Tues, Thurs and Sat nights. http://www.langtons.ie/entertainment/

Yeah, checked out that link yesterday, it's ok. Got a few phone numbers, made a few calls.

Colin Murphy is gigging in Langtons on saturday, we're considering that if they have enough tickets. Free in to the nightclub after... Paris Texas is another place we are gonna head for, the food sounds nice - we'll have to see come tomorrow night.

Is the brewery open to visit?

edit: I rang, Paris Texas say they don't do cover charges, but I read a few posts about in on a boards search and a few people have had to pay in!

Paristexas only charges the odd time when they've bands like revolver playing,
    I just dont like langtons or club 51 it's a bit to scummy for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

sunnyjim wrote: »
    Yeah, checked out that link yesterday, it's ok. Got a few phone numbers, made a few calls.

Colin Murphy is gigging in Langtons on saturday, we're considering that if they have enough tickets. Free in to the nightclub after... Paris Texas is another place we are gonna head for, the food sounds nice - we'll have to see come tomorrow night.

ah sweet didnt realise Colin Murphy was gigging in kilkenny are there still tickets available or are they sold out does any one know?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ring Langtons. They do a good deal on those Saturday comedy gigs too - you can get a 3-course meal, comedy show and entry into the nightclub for €35. I went to the Dave O'Doherty one a couple of weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Excuse my ignorance but when did the Venue nightclub close?

about a year ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Ah. Shows my age when I don't even notice a nightclub closing anymore :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

yeah langtons and club 51 only charge

Langtons on tuesday is polish night , thursday is a good night and then saturday is farmer night

Club 51 is crap friday and good saturday night.

The Venue is closed about 18 months and Neros is closed about a year.

Amber blacks seems **** when i went saturday night good few gays and fat girls not that i have anything against them its just if your a lad going out to get your hole its not the best place to go unless your gay or like bigger girls

I have to say, I really enjoyed Langtons! Was there on the last saturday of jan, just after the Colin Murphy gig. Thanks to Raze_them_all and mick for the pointers. We definitly got a few mixed reactions being dubs and all, but most people were up for the craic! And a 5er in before 11, I can live with that.

Wasn't too impressed with the left bank though. I kept getting lost - although I'd blame the smithwicks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

yeah langtons and club 51 only charge

Amber blacks seems **** when i went saturday night good few gays and fat girls not that i have anything against them its just if your a lad going out to get your hole its not the best place to go unless your gay or like bigger girls

Was in amber blacks 2 weeks ago on a FRIDAY the girls were unbelievable! Best ive ever seen in Kilkenny.

I heard there's a singles night on somewhere tonight in KK. Anyone know where its on?

Must have been a crap night when i went then.

When i went a girl passed out on the floor right in front of me and just got up laughing a minute later with the help of her friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

When i went a girl passed out on the floor right in front of me and just got up laughing a minute later with the help of her friends.

at least she seen the funny side of it.:D

cyanideig0.jpg

It looks like were going to pay a visit there again tonight so i'll write a report tomorrow! (if im not too hungover)

Went on Friday. Wasnt as good as last time. There was loads of girls but it was just a bit cheesy and they played slow set most of the night cause it was the night before valentines. As a result everyone sat at separate tables glaring at each other!

Ha Ha amature mistake going out valentines weekend.

I bet it was like a school disco lol

Ha Ha amature mistake going out valentines weekend.

I bet it was like a school disco lol
    there's more sex at those things than a brothel!

• Advertisement

They must be pritty bad brtohals then if he saidmost of the night they where sitting at tables looking across at each other :pac:

They must be pritty bad brtohals then if he saidmost of the night they where sitting at tables looking across at each other :pac:
    I was talking about the school disco's being like a brothel! it's harder to pull on a night out than it used to be back in school

suppose so then i never went to school discos hated them i spared myself some lonely nights ha ha had a girlfriend for my last few years of secondary school so didnt miss out on anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

What? You mean you've never shifted a girl who's shifted 23 lads already (and sucked off two on the dancefloor)? You really missed out.

Though having said that I haven't either, I had big buck teeth in school and no girl ever wanted to kiss me, let alone suck me off on the dancefloor.

I couldn't even score in the 'Coo that's how bad it was at the time.

Advertisement