Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom & PS3 NAT!!!

Options
  • 29-01-2009 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

heya, I've been having some trouble playing games now on FIFA 09, it wont let me connect to games, so I do the this thing

And I get NAT 1 then and all games work fine :) BUT
    I get some network errors now and again on my ps3 and sometimes can't sing into psn, and biggest problem once doing this is I cant Share Media, once doing that thing from the video, Tversity doesnt work either when I change but normal settings it does work fine but cant play fifa n some others, any idea's please ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Damien360

this has been discussed to death on the playstation forum. You cannot get NAT2 on the eircom supplied router. It does not work for uPnP for PS3. You can get NAT1 via PPOE setup by passing router firewall or NAT3 connect to your router for media server capability. You need a router with DMZ capability to get NAT2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SteeveSmith

I've got NAT type 2 on my PS3 with an Eircom supplied router....

upnp enabled, firewall on low
    open ports
    TCP 80
    TCP 443
    TCP 5223
    UDP 3478-3479
    UDP 3658

and for cod games
    UDP 3075
    UDP 3074

works for me i can host private matches up to 6 people and have no problems connecting to people or people connecting to me

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

open ports
    TCP 80
    TCP 443
    TCP 5223
    UDP 3478-3479
    UDP 3658

and for cod games
    UDP 3075
    UDP 3074

works for me i can host private matches up to 6 people and have no problems connecting to people or people connecting to me

Can you detail your IP Set up on the PS3? Have you set up static addresses? If what you say is true then this is big news for eircom PS3 online players.

i dont have static ip addresses
    but when i turn my ps3 on it always connects with the same ip address

when i do custom services to open the ports i have my ps3 online connected to the internet and use it for the host device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

open ports
    TCP 80
    TCP 443
    TCP 5223
    UDP 3478-3479
    UDP 3658

and for cod games
    UDP 3075
    UDP 3074

thanks for the answer how exactly can I open the ports? and what name will I put them under?

• Advertisement

akenny01 wrote: »
    thanks for the answer how exactly can I open the ports? and what name will I put them under?

you go into your router
    192.168.1.254 on your browser
    custom services - define custom service- put in your port
    name it whatever you like
    then you scroll through your list and enable the port on the host device (your ps3)

you go into your router
    192.168.1.254 on your browser
    custom services - define custom service- put in your port
    name it whatever you like
    then you scroll through your list and enable the port on the host device (your ps3)

hey thanks, I cant get 2 of the ports in it says there being used already or somethin ? :S

?

well then you must already have those ports assigned to something

well then you must already have those ports assigned to something

have you got msn or any type of IM? or can you pm me your email adress, Ive got no idea tbh

ive opened all ports and still no luck , also You can choose playstation network on a list of ports to allow but NAT is still 3

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

try this for nat 2, ya will need to forward the ports aswell though
    http://www.ps3-leagues.co.uk/forum/f127/dns-problem-13053/index2.html#post113309

I opened more ports and fifa works fine now :) still nat 3 but most of my games work fine online now

Thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Sorry to bring up an old thread but My god i tried all these guides and having no luck changing NAT3 to NAT 2?? Any chance of a hand on how to do it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Spend €30 to €50 and get a decent router. Problem sorted.
    I'm serious. The eircom routers aren't worth the hassle. Dump it.

EDIT

This or this should do fine

Also, don't be too lazy and search boards for "eircom PS3 NAT3". You WILL find your solution. As mentioned above, it has been talked to death with hundreds of threads detailing the answers.

Advertisement