Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schneider Weisse Hefeweizen in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that serves this, be it an off-licence or pub. I think the Long Stone have it, anywhere else?

Also if possible, I'm looking for a Schneider Weisse 0.5L glass, somewhere to buy it in the Dublin area, or alternatively anywhere that serve this beer with the glass, and perhaps I can negotiate a purchase of same.

Cheers for any feedback . . .
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's a regular in Superquinn and a steal at €2.60. The Bull & Castle do it, but I've not seen the glassware. And the Porterhouse probably do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

BeerNut wrote: »
    It's a regular in Superquinn and a steal at €2.60. The Bull & Castle do it, but I've not seen the glassware. And the Porterhouse probably do it.

Cheers, it's a fine beverage. I had couple of glasses last week when I was in Switzerland and my sister accidentally broke them :(

If anyone spots the real glassware around Dublin, a heads up would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Off licenses occasionally get the glasses in from their supplier. They give them out free when you buy a case or so. Oddbin's on Baggot Street had a few a while back, but I'm sure they are gone now :(

MediaTank wrote: »
    Off licenses occasionally get the glasses in from their supplier. They give them out free when you buy a case or so. Oddbin's on Baggot Street had a few a while back, but I'm sure they are gone now :(

Cheers, I've had a scout about, but no joy as of yet. Pre-Christmas is probably the best time to look for glassware or gift sets.

If anyone spots these glasses anywhere in Dublin let me know.;)

Just had a skinful of these lovely brews in the Porterhouse on Parliament Street on Saturday after the match in Croker. Been a long time since I was in there, forgot what a great selection of brews they have.

Unfortunately they didn't appear to have the glassware, as they were serving it to us in Erdinger glasses (of which I have three already :()

• Advertisement
Advertisement