Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do i get Microsoft Points?

• 29-01-2009 9:11pm

Hey all,

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me how i go about acquiring Microsoft points?

Looking to buy Super Street Fighter 2 HD and its 1,200 points. I don't normally play online or anything, so i just brought my 360 to my brothers house (he has an internet connection set up to his 360) so i could get the media update to play avi files, and while im here, im just looking to see if i can get the game, too.

Can anyone tell me of any sites where i can buy points (or stores, although i'd prefer to do it online)?

Also, if i buy the game, when i bring the 360 home and it is offline again, will i still be able to play the game off my hard drive as though it were a normal game? I don't have to be online with my 360 constantly do i?

Thanks to anyone that can help me out here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Hey if you go ahead and try to buy it while at your brothers it will ask you to buy points and ask for credit card details. Otherwise a shop im afraid :)
    However you can play it once downloaded offline no worries

is there an online store that you can get them off or anything? or is it just off microsoft through the 360 Directly?

Also, upon giving them the credit card details they wont assume that i want them to just keep on updating my brothers live account or anything will they? just a simple no hassle once-off payment, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

And another question related is, Are you getting good value buying the game using the Microsoft points rather than buying from a shop or online.

What does 1 Microsoft point equal in euro/dollars is what i am asking really?

I dont think The game i want (Super Street Fighter 2 HD) is available in retail stores.

1,000 Microsoft points is €12 on the 360.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'll get better prices for MS points if you are willing to go through ebay.

• Advertisement

Checked eBay but the guy wanted to post them out (i assumed that you'd get an email) so i just bought directly through the 360 using a credit card.

Cheers for the help guys. Everything seems to be working fine now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Don't want to create a new thread so hopefully I can get tis answered here.

I bought MS points through my xbox with a credit card, so it's saved those details. I purchased my Live though, through eBay. When my Live sub is over will MS automatically charge my card for Live even though I didn't purchase it from them??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

rizzla wrote: »
    Don't want to create a new thread so hopefully I can get tis answered here.

I bought MS points through my xbox with a credit card, so it's saved those details. I purchased my Live though, through eBay. When my Live sub is over will MS automatically charge my card for Live even though I didn't purchase it from them??

Yea they will, unless you buy it before it runs out.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

dazftw wrote: »
    Yea they will, unless you buy it before it runs out.

no it wont actually.. because its an option you have to select, like autosub or something. it will store the details but thats only for buying stuff frm the store... or until u buy the sub with the card.

Advertisement