Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wrc rally - contains large images

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

ThOnda wrote: »
    Friday - Day 2, Stage 5, bloody cold and rainy afternoon. Two hours standing in mud. And the picture is the link to the whole set on my Flickr.
    3240255942_c08e04ac9d.jpg

Great pics.
    Sorry to be pedantic :o but that was stage 6 - Aughnasheelan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

I didn't think subaru were in it anymore? Sweet, love seeing those WRX's hammer around x.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Heres my best photos from Rally Ireland 09. Im new to photography and have a very poor sony cybershot camera.

WRC 09 Photos

not sure how I would upload them to to this page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

fugazied wrote: »
    I didn't think subaru were in it anymore? Sweet, love seeing those WRX's hammer around x.gif

They're not, that's a privately entered Subaru.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Finally getting around to getting some photos loaded up. These are from Sunday's SS17 Lough Gill and Thursday's shakedown stage. It was definitely a learning experience for me, and part of what I learned is that I've a lot more to learn!

I found I had to bump the ISO way up on Sunday to 1600-2500, as the spot I had was on North facing side of a shady valley, at 10 am on a January morning in Ireland! Must remember to take stuff like this into account next time:). The other thing I found hard was that on the stage proper, these guys just go past once, and bloody fast, so get it wrong and your chance is gone. Still, I'm pretty happy with some of my shots, for a first attempt. If it comes back in 2011, I'l have gotten a lot more practice in at local events first.

Sebastien Loeb, winner and all round pretty cool guy:
    5D538B9A6DB2476EAB635E18440C63F1-500.jpg

Jari Matti Latvala, he was pushing hard and great to watch:
    270DBC9B305B456F92B1071495BDC5D7-500.jpg

One of the privateer Misubishi evos:
    CF806AF049AA4D529A94DE60C6F7526D-500.jpg

One of the McHale's during the Shakedown:
    8595209F871C4CBD801053AB06023EA6-500.jpg

'Hey you, stop! Come back here! Did any of yous get that little feckers license plate?'
    0FA5BDD6BB6842A382E91D99E1F55927-500.jpg

Some more here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Clif7

Some good stuff in there but they would look better if you post process (PP) them, add more bite and vibrancy.

Thanks AnimalRights,

I'm so focused on figuring out the manual settings on the camera and getting the things in focus that I haven't even thought about PP yet. :) I used Photoshop a little in college but more for just resizing images. wouldn't really have a clue where to start to edit my own shots.

Can anyone recommend a good book or site to properly learn photoshop?

Oh and is Photoshop Elements any use or should I just get the full programme?

Thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Well if you have 850E.../

Elements is okay. If you've a bit more money, Lightroom is probably well adequate for your needs.

Places to learn - the Martin Evening Photoshop book is quite good, the Digital Darkroom sub-forum here.

Youtube is also worth a look, and the lynda.com (cost) tutorials online are reputed to be good.

Any other questions on the subject into Digital Darkroom please, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Clif7

Calina wrote: »
    Well if you have 850E.../

Elements is okay. If you've a bit more money, Lightroom is probably well adequate for your needs.

Places to learn - the Martin Evening Photoshop book is quite good, the Digital Darkroom sub-forum here.

Youtube is also worth a look, and the lynda.com (cost) tutorials online are reputed to be good.

Any other questions on the subject into Digital Darkroom please, thanks.

Thanks Calina :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just back from the uk so heres loeb on donegal town stage

3244490776_c2062ffdae.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

picture.php?albumid=381&pictureid=2183

picture.php?albumid=381&pictureid=2182

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Noono

Hi, thought i get together some of the rally shots that i took over the few (very wet) days in the north. Dear god its a hard sport to photograph!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Noono

....plus a few more photos.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Noono wrote: »
    Hi, thought i get together some of the rally shots that i took over the few (very wet) days in the north. Dear god its a hard sport to photograph!!

Very nice shots,do you work for inpho or something?Cause i've definetly seen the last shot already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Cathal Noonan ;)

Advertisement