Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roque Santa Cruz

• 29-01-2009 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who thinks that he is an abysmal player who had one good season. His record is shocking and he benifited from 2 fairly decent wingers last year. Cannot see why any club would spend 10million+ on the lad

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Same guy who missed from 3 yards out TWICE in the same game for Munich.

Done well with wingers but not a top 4 player suppose thats why city/spurs want him, handy for the relegation battles :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

He is average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Highsider wrote: »
    He is average.

He's consistantly average though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks that he is an abysmal player who had one good season. His record is shocking and he benifited from 2 fairly decent wingers last year. Cannot see why any club would spend 10million+ on the lad

Stopped listening after abysmal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I suppose the fact that he has had injuries this season, the fact that we have had a terrible season up to the firing of Paul Ince, the fact that neither our LM or RM was providing much support to the strikers, the fact that he has been injured pretty much since Big Sam arrived, the fact that when he came on last night the game turned completely in our favour, so much so that Gary Megson the Bolton manager praised his performance. The fact that Big Sam does not want to sell him for 20 mill.

I think you really don't know what you are talking about.

And of course that fact that now two clubs are willing to shovel out big cash for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

eagle eye wrote: »
    I suppose the fact that he has had injuries this season, the fact that we have had a terrible season up to the firing of Paul Ince, the fact that neither our LM or RM was providing much support to the strikers, the fact that he has been injured pretty much since Big Sam arrived, the fact that when he came on last night the game turned completely in our favour, so much so that Gary Megson the Bolton manager praised his performance. The fact that Big Sam does not want to sell him for 20 mill.

I think you really don't know what you are talking about.

And of course that fact that now two clubs are willing to shovel out big cash for him.

Definitely a case of someone posting based on statistics over anything else. The OP that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

JPA wrote: »
    Definitely a case of someone posting based on statistics over anything else. The OP that is.

Well they do speak for themselves. In only 2 seasons at Bayern he averaged more than a goal in 3 games and then last season at Blackburn. If you take away his first season at that joke South American club and his only good season he has 163 games and 43 goals.

He's like that black guy in Dream Team who they got from PSG, Curtis Alexander, who won the golden boot with PSG but did feck all of that. He came to the realisation in one episode that "maybe I'm not a good player who's on bad form but a bad player who had one good season"

Roque Santa Cruz = Curtis Alexander only he probably won't die in a coach explosion like his brother did two Sky 1 genocides earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well they do speak for themselves. In only 2 seasons at Bayern he averaged more than a goal in 3 games and then last season at Blackburn. If you take away his first season at that joke South American club and his only good season he has 163 games and 43 goals.

He's like that black guy in Dream Team who they got from PSG, Curtis Alexander, who won the golden boot with PSG but did feck all of that. He came to the realisation in one episode that "maybe I'm not a good player who's on bad form but a bad player who had one good season"

Roque Santa Cruz = Curtis Alexander only he probably won't die in a coach explosion like his brother did two Sky 1 genocides earlier

Get real for a start. And less of this fictional rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

eagle eye wrote: »
    Get real for a start. And less of this fictional rubbish.

Well he is a mod of mythology!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

you're not watching enough REAL football.....

the lad is very good, injury and interest from city have affected his game this season in fairness but a very good player all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I really hope we don't waste 20 million on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Very average
    Well he is a mod of mythology!

lol

Advertisement