Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using my TV card with Windows 7 Beta

• 29-01-2009 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I have XP media edition on my PC and it could do with a reinstall. I'm wondering will I lose the ability to record TV programmes from the NTL co-ax connection I have if I install Windows 7 beta?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

windows 7 is BETA there is a chance you could loose the ability to do anything with your PC

setting it up as dual boot / on a second drive and leaving your XP as alone as possible is a better idea

you would need to make 110% sure there is a Vista driver for your card first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

The windows 7 beta is an ultimate edition so you will be able to use the Media Centre .
    But, you might have problems with your TV card.
    When I installed Windows 7 the tuner card was initially recognised and it was straight forward getting Media Center setup with the tuner, EPG, etc.

But after rebooting Media Centre kept reporting that the Tuner(s) were in use. Driver problem I think, but you might not have that issue.

Looks like they solved the 3.5 gig memory limit when using older Hauppage cards, plus the UI changes in Media Centre look good.

Advertisement