Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone finding difficulty backing Silva for UFC 94

• 29-01-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to put T Silva in a small accumulator but Paddy Power wont let me. Anyone else having this difficulty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Its the fight....tried backing Machida and the same thing happens....odds don't seem to be worth sh*t though.

I'd have a hard time backing himm because I think he's going to lose. :pac:

I always do my accumulators on the day for some reason. I like to see the weigh ins before betteing.

I tried to put Machida into an accumulator this morning and couldn't do it either. Very odd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I tried to put Machida into an accumulator this morning and couldn't do it either. Very odd.

Doesn’t have anything to do with maximum payout?

rovert wrote: »
    Doesn’t have anything to do with maximum payout?

Dunno.

Machida is a huge favourite hence only being in an accumulator.

The one that COULd really help the odds is Diaz - Guida but I can't call that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

i would be happy going with Guida, here. I dont think Diaz is a favourite in this matchup. Pellegrino was dominating him until he got sloppy. Guida takes you down and wears you out. I dont see Diaz submitting Guida either.

dunkamania wrote: »
    i would be happy going with Guida, here. I dont think Diaz is a favourite in this matchup. Pellegrino was dominating him until he got sloppy. Guida takes you down and wears you out. I dont see Diaz submitting Guida either.

I'd fully agree with this except I keep thinking of Guida getting choked out by Huerta and it's putting me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

He got rocked by a big knee, Diaz doesnt have that kind of power imo

dunkamania wrote: »
    He got rocked by a big knee, Diaz doesnt have that kind of power imo

But Diaz does have the "pull a sub outta nowhere" factor and better BJJ than Huerta. So I'm cautious. Hopin Clay does it, I'll likely back him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Im rooting for diaz in this match, purely for the fact that at this stage he's more of an unknown prospect and we're not sure how far his abilities can take him. I dont think guida will ever be champ, he's a really good fighter, but im not sure he has that something extra to take the title.

Its a really competitive fight nethertheless and I just cant pick a winner, Im edging towards guida though, winning in a split decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭takeda shingen

Yeah i dont know why you cant put the Machida/Silva fight with anything else. In ufc93 a bunch of us predicted 7 out of the 9 fights correctly but we had them in a large accumulator so we got nothing. This time im going for doubles. Not as big a pay out but safer. Maybe a treble of Fitch/Bonnar/ Parisyan=1.25/1 and a few others. Betting on Silva in a single anyway.
    I reckon that paddy power lost a few bob on accumulators last time so thats why they arnt letting this fight be combined. But then if they are worried why not drop the odds? who knows....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭takeda shingen

NEWSFLASH!!
    You now can combine the Silva/Machida fight in your accum. with other fights on paddypower

Advertisement