Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texts arriving without a name attached

• 29-01-2009 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever had the problem of texts arriving without a name attached to them?

Over the past few days, a couple of people's texts have been arriving with the number only showing, not the name from the phonebook.

Im using an E51 on Vodafone. I have 350 names in the phonebook so its tough to figure out who the texts are from without the names attached.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

If you have the number with a name saved 2 times in the phone book it will only show the number in the texts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Ah thats the problem. Any contact I adjusted when I got my new phone duplicated on the synchronisation. Thanks a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you use www.zyb.com and sync to the website you can weed out duplicates automatically (well, by clicking a couple of buttons). Might save you some time if you have loads.

Advertisement