Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs enquire about Keane.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

mushykeogh wrote: »
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4871624,00.html

Somebody tell me theres no truth in this rumour.

Ye can have him if ya want.......Rafa doesn't think much of him for some stupid reason!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

no truth(i hope)

we are being linked with every player in the league at the min.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

keane=cock wrote: »
    no truth(i hope)

we are being linked with every player in the league at the min.
    Have ya still got that jersey with Keane on the back...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Ah lads, it'd be good to have him back sure if we get him for less than we sold him for! It was never going to work out for him at pool! Quality player!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Madness if its true.
    Where exactly does he fit into a "balanced" team alongside Defoe and Modric!??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Was never Keane's biggest fan and am happy that we have Defoe back. Given that Modric is best in 'hole' position, why would we want Keane back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

BOLT wrote: »
    Was never Keane's biggest fan and am happy that we have Defoe back. Given that Modric is best in 'hole' position, why would we want Keane back?

Doesn't bother me much one way or the other but at the moment we Defoe and Pav as starters if Keane came back with only 1 leg he'd be still be way better than what we have on the bench.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

yiddo wrote: »
    Doesn't bother me much one way or the other but at the moment we Defoe and Pav as starters if Keane came back with only 1 leg he'd be still be way better than what we have on the bench.:D

Keane won't swap the Anfield bench for ours, which means if he did come back there'd be friction, friction we don't need right now. Defoe is Harry's boy, and I can't see him trying Keane up top with him.

Though it would be worth it to see FTL drop a collective bollock...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I supported Robbie when he decided to leave I may on this board even have refered to him as a hero of mine. Hell, I admired him for moving to his boyhood team!

BUT, he made his choice. I will always remember him for the chap who was roaring crying after the carling cup final last year, We have to live by our decisions in any walk of life.

Best of luck to him but I'll stick with (Weaker player IMO) Defoe,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

And what's this about Benitez accusing us of tapping up Keane? Didn't Benitez do the exact same thing with him during the summer? And Gareth Barry too?

I used to like the Pool, but there's something about that Spaniard.

• Advertisement

markesmith wrote: »
    And what's this about Benitez accusing us of tapping up Keane? Didn't Benitez do the exact same thing with him during the summer?

And how did we respond?

Though it would be worth it to see FTL drop a collective bollock...:D

True enough :D;)

And how did we respond?

benitez is a hypocrite(spellin might be off but you get the idea)
    but so are spurs..

do we and other clubs not do the same? we were bitter by the way we lost our 2 strikers but it happens all the time.

SSN say Pompey in talks with Spurs and prepared to pay 7m for Dos Santos

lots of rumours are doing the rounds that spurs are locked in talks about the return of robbie keane............

this will be a total joke if it goes ahead. how many players are we gonna sell and buy back. he moved on and made his decision leave him on the scouse bench

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

im not sure whether this would be a good thing or not,my heart says yes but head says no.Having said that if Defoe injury is serious we just might need him to play off Pav.

lots of rumours are doing the rounds that spurs are locked in talks about the return of robbie keane............

this will be a total joke if it goes ahead. how many players are we gonna sell and buy back. he moved on and made his decision leave him on the scouse bench

Lots of rumours that Defoe is out for the rest of the season, are you still happy to put your personal feelings ahead of the club's survival in the PL?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Never a fan keane, never will be. If he comes back and helps us stay in the premier league, il take him. And make no mistake about it, we are displaying all the signs of relagation fodder. Leaking goals from set plays, inability to hold onto a lead in the last ten mins.
    After 24 games we only have six wins, SIX! I would snap up any player that can show effort and committment for 90+ minutes.
    Id even take teemu tainio back and drop bentley.

Lots of rumours that Defoe is out for the rest of the season, are you still happy to put your personal feelings ahead of the club's survival in the PL?

contradictory reports on setanta and sky sports that defoe is a 3 week injury or out for the season. from what im led to believe he has not underwent an xray yet so the extent of his injury wont be known til then.

i would love spurs to stay up weather its defoe, keane or even 20 og's that keep us up but i dont understand the whole sell a player who wanted to leave and then buy them back.

we already have bought defoe and chimbonda back. is there no other strikers out there to be bought that will score goals. maybe even a loan spell?

contradictory reports on setanta and sky sports that defoe is a 3 week injury or out for the season. from what im led to believe he has not underwent an xray yet so the extent of his injury wont be known til then.

By the same token, we have no confirmation we are in for Keane so we won't know until then? We're both commenting on internet rumours after all.
    i would love spurs to stay up weather its defoe, keane or even 20 og's that keep us up but i dont understand the whole sell a player who wanted to leave and then buy them back.

we already have bought defoe and chimbonda back. is there no other strikers out there to be bought that will score goals. maybe even a loan spell?

Name a few who could do a job.

I get the feeling that while the nominal value of our transfers may be quite high, the actual cost to the club is in relation to outstanding debt owed to us for previous transfers out (i.e. paying for players by writing off existing debt owed to us) and so involves very little in the way of capital outlay right now. That may be the reason we are shopping at certain clubs (not so much in search of recently-departed players) because of our ability to do business in that manner, which might explain our reported interest in Kenwyn Jones last week.

That is supposition on my part however.

What is undeniable is the fact that players sold by the previous management set-up are most likely to be able to adjust to life at Spurs immediately, which might also explain our interest in Defoe, Chimbonda and potentially Keane. No point in signing a player who will take so long to settle and find his feet that he'll be away to QPR in August before he looks the part...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Surely we should be looking for a LB and a CB?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I have just got word from a very reliable source that Keane is signing for Spurs today.

If I am wrong, I'll hold my hands up, but Id be suprised if my source is incorrect !

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

I'd be happy to see Keane back.

BTW anyone know whats happened to From The Lane

Collapsed under the weight of bile directed towards Keane I'd imagine...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Collapsed under the weight of bile directed towards Keane I'd imagine...:D

Always amazed by the amount of hatred shown towards him, even when he was playing really well and scoring regularly. Is it because he is Irish.

Is it because he is Irish.

Not really, no.

He just excites the same passions that players like Jenas and Huddlestone do, except in Keane's case there was always the option of Defoe to replace him, so in Keane's case it wasn't just a case of "I hate Keane" or "I love Keane" but Keane vs Defoe. People became much more polarised as a result.

I also can't believe people swallowed Levy's account of the summer hook line and sinker, even more so that some maintain if Keane does come back it should be the final nail in Levy's coffin, missing the rather obvious part Levy has played in shaping the narrative. You couldn't write this sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Surely the most we could get is Keane back on loan till the end of the season because there is a rule to stop a player being sold and then resigned within 12 Months.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Tell that to Chimbonda?

ziedth wrote: »
    Surely the most we could get is Keane back on loan till the end of the season because there is a rule to stop a player being sold and then resigned within 12 Months.

The PL can give a dispensation from rule L19 if they believe the move is genuine, and not an attempt to circumvent restrictions on the number of players a club can loan in.

Defoe was signed on the same basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Anyone hear anything more about the Quaresma rumours ???

Advertisement