Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs enquire about Keane.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭opeldave

Sky News Saying "Keane wants to earn his Spurs again"
    & Arsenal have agreed terms with Arseshaving;)

opeldave wrote: »
    Sky News Saying "Keane wants to earn his Spurs again"
    & Arsenal have agreed terms with Arseshaving;)

According to Sky Sports text "Tottenham Agree Keane fee":cool:

opeldave wrote: »
    According to Sky Sports text "Tottenham Agree Keane fee":cool:

& According to Aertel text page 221 "Liverpool have agreement with Tottenham Hotspur for the sale of Robbie Keane"

Fingers crossed then:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything more about the Quaresma rumours ???

On Sky Sports Web Site,

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4884356,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Any word on what kind of money we are talking?

I'll give good odds on Berbatov and Cambell comin back :D

Will he be cup tied for the Carling Cup Final Anyonw know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

ziedth wrote: »
    Will he be cup tied for the Carling Cup Final Anyonw know?

Played 5 mins as a sub so cup tied for CC final but available for the North London Cup Final next Sunday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Unfortunately he came on in the 88th minute for liverpool against crewe in the early rounds.Its a shame he cant play at wembley again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Radio says 15m which would be a ridiculous price to pay for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Kold wrote: »
    Radio says 15m which would be a ridiculous price to pay for him.

5mil profit in 6mths, seems like a good bit of business to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

agree with you there shane 5 million profit is great business.Looking forward to sunday now are there many on here heading over.

• Advertisement

5mil profit in 6mths, seems like a good bit of business to me.

Deffo;)

It would be better surely for the national team too if he got back to familiar surroundings & regined his confidence & "big fish in a small pond" status:p

What other club would have spent £15m on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Kold wrote: »
    What other club would have spent £15m on him?

I'm sure a few other clubs would have spent it TBH mate,

Say what you want about him but he has proved himself for us for a number of years before he went to Liverpool.

Nice to see the club back to 4 strikers again if he does come in

Keane has completed a 15m move:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

keane=cock wrote: »
    no truth(i hope)

we are being linked with every player in the league at the min.

Your username might change should keane score the winner against Arsenal next week

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Your username might change should keane score the winner against Arsenal next week

Lol you should should change it to LEVY=COCK!:D

Usual lip service on the official site.
    Thank God Keane didn't say that he never wanted to leave in the 1st place.

"We never wanted Robbie to leave in the summer, we acknowledged the six years dedicated service he gave this Club and reluctantly let him go. I am delighted that he has chosen to return to us. We can all recall the passion and fight he displayed during his previous seasons with us. I know he is determined to give us his full commitment," said Daniel Levy, Chairman.

Robbie has this to say on his return, "It was a difficult decision to make to leave Tottenham in the summer. It proved not to be the right move for me. I know some Spurs fans will feel I let them down by leaving but I can assure them I shall be giving my all for this Club - this Club has terrific fans and I want to repay them for all their support. We've got to get on and fight our way up that league table."

All in all welcome back Robbie, now go out there and get us the goals to keep us up, starting on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

I am sorry lads but I actually feel sick that we now have Bent, Defoe and Keane back in the team. How exactly is this a step forward? I mean we had all those players back in 2007. Since then two have gone and come back. And Bent and Harrys relationship is gone to ****e. We know full well that Defoe and Keane cant work together. I have no problem with Robbie but it maddens me that he has come creeping back to us. He had no problem leaving when Pool came calling and now its like he never left. I am sorry lads but I am not a happy Spurs fan right now. Hopefully I am proved wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

get your money on Berbetov to come back in the summer!:pac:

I have no problem with Robbie but it maddens me that he has come creeping back to us. He had no problem leaving when Pool came calling and now its like he never left. I am sorry lads but I am not a happy Spurs fan right now. Hopefully I am proved wrong.

I know mate, but thats the modern game for you. It's all wrong but that's the reality these days. All players are mercenaries, Keane is no different.

At least we know he wants to play football and was not prepared to sit on the bench at Liverpool and just take the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Welcome back Robbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Great to have him back! GReat piece of business!!! Great player....bye bye defoe!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hopefully I am proved wrong.

Proved wrong how? What can happen that will change the following:
    it maddens me that he has come creeping back to us

Let it go man, 'Arry wants him and thinks he's good enough to keep us up. Good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

I hope I am proven wrong in respect to the fact that we have resigned two players which I feel is a step backwards not forwards. Dont get me wrong, I have no problem nor will I ever have a problem with Defoe or Keane, but I just dont think its progress. If someone had said to you two years ago that we were going to sell both Defoe and Keane and then buy them back how would you have honestly reacted? Sure enough Robbie will prob start bangin in the goals and prove me wrong but if he does then everyones happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Robbie Keane's biggest problem is his brain. He only scores when he doesn't have time to think and reacts on instinct. When he gets the ball he overthinks things, tries to pull of passes or shots that aren't on and then blames his teamates/ref/linesman when it doesn't happen.

If he didn't have a brain he'd be a footballing genuis. But he does, and anyone who's watched him play football at all regularly can see that he's not a top class striker, he misses more than he scores, and he barely seems to undestand the offside rule.

I'm gutted he's back, he can stick his bow and arrow up his hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

If someone had said to you two years ago that we were going to sell both Defoe and Keane and then buy them back how would you have honestly reacted?

If someone had prefaced that by saying we'd have 24pts on the 2nd of Feb, I'd have been over the moon to have signed two proven PL strikers.

No point talking about progress when the club's continued survival in the PL is at stake. Progress for me will be finishing 17th or better, and if JD and RK help us achieve that I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Robbie Keane's biggest problem is his brain. He only scores when he doesn't have time to think and reacts on instinct. When he gets the ball he overthinks things, tries to pull of passes or shots that aren't on and then blames his teamates/ref/linesman when it doesn't happen.

If he didn't have a brain he'd be a footballing genuis. But he does, and anyone who's watched him play football at all regularly can see that he's not a top class striker, he misses more than he scores, and he barely seems to undestand the offside rule.

I'm gutted he's back, he can stick his bow and arrow up his hole.

there aren't many top class strikers available who'll go to a club struggling near the foot of the table so I can't see why anyone would be unhappy with signing a player with Keanes goal record.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I think Robbie will do a good job for us, again.

Plus he'll have the added incentive of going out to prove that he is a good player, regardless of the nightmare six months with Liverpool.

Disapointed we missed out on Ricardo Quaresma. He would have brought balance to our left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It's great to have Keano back,and with a point to prove to pool aswel.I just hope Rafa hasn't destroyed his confidence for good..:)

• Advertisement

Only person I would've loved to have had back is Carrick.

Advertisement