Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs enquire about Keane.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

robbie's the kind of player that always gives 100%
    that's the kind of leader we've been missing on the
    pitch this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

dantes74 wrote: »
    pitch this season
    Begrudgingly i have to agree! What ever has gone before is gone, if the crowd get on keanes back i dont think it will benefit him, the fans, or our hopes of staying in the top flight. Hope he is well received on sunday and pops up with a goal or three!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Maybe Harry thinks this will give keano a bit of a boost after the shyte he went through at the pool....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

dantes74 wrote: »
    pitch this season

As long as he gets on with the bloody game and stops whingeing to the ref...oh, hang on, as captain he has the right....oh ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Redknapp to Sky Sports News: "I said to Robbie that if I brought him back that I would like to make him captain. I think it was important to him, to come back and lead the club."

This is absolute horsesh*t. Look's like, as some of the rumours i heard suggested, we had to twist his arm and guarauntee him the armband to get him to re-join. Robbie Keane is the worst possible candidate to lead that team by example.
    I'm dissapointed in Harry. Big mistake in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

ziedth wrote: »
    Ok I think for a second we need to take a step and remember that the players ARE NOT fans of the club bar maybe a handful. So they don't give a toss about players coming or going from the Club. Maybe this has been there problem this year.

He isn't gone that long and whenever he played for us I always thought he gave 100% (I'm looking at you Bently).

It would seem to me that if he plays to the same standard he was playing at before he left then this will all be forgotten about before the end of the season.

Think you took me up slightly wrong, agree they are not fans and couldnt care who comes and goes but they are footballers. But by nature most footballers are intensely competitive (or should be) and its only by respect being earned on the pitch that they will give it. I just think that Robbie should have earned/re-earned their respect on the pitch before getting it. The likes of Woody, Corluka etc will be asking themselves, why didnt I get it? I've been grafting/leading all season and he walks in and gets it? They may not say it vocally and we will never hear but I think it will be in their heads. Even at the lowly level of amatuer football I play at this would have the same effect. Anyway glad he's back and hope by full time Sunday he has run amok on the goons and Harry was proved right.

Think you are spot on that by end of season it will be forgotten but its morale right now I think we need to worry about.

Mullo76 wrote: »
    'They may not say it vocally......'
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

May not say it out loud even:o

Mullo76 wrote: »
    May not say it out loud even:o

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya I'd guess your right that Woodgate could be thinking that he should be Captain deep down!

IMO I would think that RK still has the respect of the players he never kicked up before he went to Liverpool. It's hard to know though,

All in all I think its a good signing given the Defoe Situation. It's hard to know how we're going to accomadate Keane/Defoe/Pav/Modric in the same team but we'll worry about that next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Captain should be an undroppable. With 4 £12m+ strikers, Woody is the only undroppable player in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Kold wrote: »
    Captain should be an undroppable. With 4 £12m+ strikers, Woody is the only undroppable player in the squad.

and corluka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

the only good thing i can see about resigning two ex players is that the manager has the final say in the wheeling and dealing.
    so long as it stays that way and we stay up this season 'arry will bring stability.
    right back to where jol had us:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

keanetrain.jpg

:D

Advertisement