Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window installers

Options
  • 29-01-2009 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

OK...not exactly a DIY question but not sure where else to post this.

Does anyone out there know if installation of window sills (internal) is generally included in getting new double glazed windows installed?

We got ours done a few months ago and they put new ones in. We were never even asked and always assumed they would so no problem.

Now however, my parents got their windows done this week (by a different company) and they just left the old ones there.
    Same company did my uncles last year and they DID put new ones in.
    The job is not acceptable to me as it currently stands as it looks like an unfinished job.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,177 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The would usually ask as the will get damaged when taking out the old ones.
    If yours were done then you were probably charged for it.

You can still do it afterwards as they do not sit under the window or anything, will just mean some more plaster required afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

It'a bit late now to raise it with the installers. The window board should have been specified at the time your parents got the quote. I.E. Whether they wanted hardwood, softwood etc. I never assume anything with builders. It's just the way things are.

Advertisement