Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording off a super 8 onto Camcorder

Options
  • 29-01-2009 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I've tried recording some olde films from Super 8 to dvd camcorder - namely JVC Everio DVD camcorder by projecting onto a screen & recording from that with Camcorder.

Super 8 is working well but on review of the movies on full screen is resulting in flicker or strobing effect.

if anyone has any hints on recording onto Camcorder from Super 8 I'd be gratefull.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Germain

You are never going to get good results from videoing a projection of your Super8 film. There's not enough light, most cine is 18frames per second and there is further incompatibility in how a video camera will refresh and how the shutter on your projector works.
    Most camera shops offer a service to transfer them for you and that will look better. They used to put really cheesy music on for you too - not sure if they still do that.
    If the material is really special, you could send it to the widescreen centre in London. They will telecine the Super8 properly in much the same way that 35mm movies get transferred to video tape for showing on TV. I believe they can even deliver them as QuickTime files if you want to edit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Advertisement