Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathbeggan Airsoft

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

great day on sunday, slightly costly though as im down one mag and a red dot sight :(

great to play the hawks, great sportsmanship and full respect, hope to see you there soon again

as for the RAT Squad, we are on the up definately...some great play on sunday...HUHA

It is great to hear nice things about us, we pride ourselves mostly on being honourable but also being social and approachable, I know personally how some people find approaching teams "daunting"

But we are all out for a laugh at the end of the day

We literally got steamrolled every single game that day up to the large rolling assault patrol game, which I thought we performed well in. Our more tactical approach means sometimes that we are slightly slower in progression than the more aggresive teams, but you may notice, at no point did our advance stop due to casualties :0

I guess we just play in a different style, disadvantage of it being we are slower advancing, advantage been, well ask the guys who laid the ambush on our tactical column, they got whiped out pretty quick :)

Rathbeggan is one of the few sites actually where a rolling assault like that works, cause you can go flank the enemy, and get flanked yourself, but do not stray ridiculously wide of the mark.

Great fun, id nearly just go down for that one game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

It is great to hear nice things about us, we pride ourselves mostly on being honourable but also being social and approachable, I know personally how some people find approaching teams "daunting"

We literally got steamrolled every single game that day up to the large rolling assault patrol game, which I thought we performed well in. Our more tactical approach means sometimes that we are slightly slower in progression than the more aggresive teams, but you may notice, at no point did our advance stop due to casualties :0

I guess we just play in a different style, disadvantage of it being we are slower advancing, advantage been, well ask the guys who laid the ambush on our tactical column, they got whiped out pretty quick :)

Rathbeggan is one of the few sites actually where a rolling assault like that works, cause you can go flank the enemy, and get flanked yourself, but do not stray ridiculously wide of the mark.

you where actually attacking against two different factions ,one being the Rathbeggan.Airsoft.Tactical.Squad. also a small detacthment of apex.
    (red armbands) and visiting mix of bodys (blue armbands) . (its a rat trap baby and you'v been caught.)
    great game guys well done, good field craft .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

glad you enjoyed the day anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

dont forget the 2 stray dogs in amongst the pidgeons sorry hawks lol
    as said earlier it was a savage day and the last game was a corker
    def be back again be a shame if te site goes back to fishing as it has loads o potential sure look how far it came now from day one which wasn as long ago
    keep it up dave and the gang

we'll do our best to convince dave to keep it open for airsoft ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

i'm sure if he keeps getting perfomance's like sunday
    he wont need much convicing lol

thats the hope anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

ravey wrote: »
    What a weekend guys, and especially great games today. Thanks to everyone for the absolutely faultless play. Our code of conduct seems to be working really well!
    Special thanks to the Hawks, who demonstrated to all exactly how the game of airsoft should be played! Well done lads.
    We are now at the point where we must decide which way Rathbeggan goes for the Sunmmer, do we go back to fishing or do we keep on with the Airsoft? My confidence level in the sport is high, and certainly we are seeing many new players each week. The big decision will soon be made, but we will still be running Airsoft at least until Easter Weekend, when we will have a big Family Country Weekend, and you know what, we might just set up a "Introduction to Airsoft Range" for that weekend too! Volunteers welcome , if you feel youre the sort of person that could present the sport to day visitors. Again, thanks to everyone, including all our marshals and players. We have our signature game for Rathbeggan Airsoft..........SIX SKIRMISH PATROL.:D
    On the Jeremy Clarkson Fastest Lap board we have
    Owen Smiths Birthday Bandits...... 1 hr 15 mins
    Band of Hawks, plus friends.......... 1 hr 45 mins
    (Relax, weve only played it twice so its there to be beaten!)
    Cheers to all......ravey:D:D

Well Dave i really don't think i need to tell you what i think u should do but i definitally think it should stay open for airsoft! :D and i think everyone who has been to the site will agree with me especially with all the work gone into it by all concerned as well as yourself :p

absolutely, i think its a no-brainer really...the site is perfect for airsoft and will be even better when the trees bloom and there is more natural cover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

we'll do our best to convince dave to keep it open for airsoft ;)
    have you no fires to put out:D
    i think dave will do the right thing, its the way forward for airsoft and we will be the proud home team , when we start to make a rep for ourselves.
    huahhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

Airsoft, Airsoft, Airsoft, Airsoft, Airsoft, Airsoft, Airsoft, think ya know what i would like to see. In case you don't heres a clue its not fishing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭ravey

Well Folks, Just back from England in time for tomorrows games. Saw a lot and spoke with a lot of UK airsofters, retailers and site owners.
    Dont worry guys, i think the future is bright!
    Loads of new game ideas and plans so look out! Itll all be happenin.
    See yall tomorrow or Sunday
    Ravey Mc Ravey

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Deesy

Hi lads. just let you know. about 10 ish russian's "spetznaz" ;-) will come tomorrow on this site. some of them will need rent stuff but the rest should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

Hey, is this anywhere near Fingal airsoft? and also does a balaclava + goggles count as full face? and if you dont have any full face masks can we rent them off you? Do you sell food or bbs there? if so how much?

Rob

lookin forward to the new ideas...have to work this weekend so wont be up but will be there next weekend..hopefullyto try out the new MP7

Rat Squad...puttin plenty out haha, in work as we speak ;)

Rob2593 wrote: »
    Hey, is this anywhere near Fingal airsoft? and also does a balaclava + goggles count as full face? and if you dont have any full face masks can we rent them off you? Do you sell food or bbs there? if so how much?

Rob

its located on the N3 before dunshaughlin village...its well signposted so ye cant miss it

once your face is covered its fine...all the gear can be rented or there are full face masks there available to buy

there is a lunch deal available, coffee shop etc and bb's are available to buy as well

hope that helps ;)

Rob2593 wrote: »

Rob

Its near enough....ish!:P its easier to find, get onto the N3 heading towards Navan its just past the Fairyhouse cross roads and before Dunshaughlin village. Or you can get the 109 from bus eireann brings you right outside just ask the driver to stop at Rathbeggan Lakes

On the balaclava and goggles yes it does.

Yes there is mesh face masks for sale or rent, not sure on rent price think to buy one its 12euro.

The meal deal is 5euro, you get a hot pie (curry or steak and kidney), bag of crisps and can of your choice. They also have a coffee shop with fresh tea and coffee as well as bars and energy drinks.

3000rounds of Blaster 0.2g 10euro :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Im gonna pop out tomorrow. Well looking forward to seeing the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

thanks lads =)

will pop out some time for sure!

Rob

do indeed, its a great site and you wont be dissappointed ;)

• Advertisement

Well done lads, another great days games, albeit with a little over energetic play from some quarters. :( But all sorted on site! :D
    Congrats to ATF who completed the Six Skirmish Patrol in one hour and 40 minutes.
    So the Jeremy Clarkson Fastest Lap leaderboard looks like this....
    ATF......................................... 1 hr 40 mins
    Well done all and thanks again to all players and marshals. See you next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

ATF not ATS :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

definitley not we actually showed up at rathbeggan:rolleyes: :)

ravey wrote: »
    Well done lads, another great days games, albeit with a little over energetic play from some quarters. :( But all sorted on site! :D
    Congrats to ATF who completed the Six Skirmish Patrol in one hour and 40 minutes.
    So the Jeremy Clarkson Fastest Lap leaderboard looks like this....
    ATF......................................... 1 hr 40 mins
    Well done all and thanks again to all players and marshals. See you next week.

Think it might also be worth mentioning the current Radar station record take over time...2mins by Apex Airsoft and the RATS....just throwing it out there :rolleyes:

and we still have to get our names up on that leaderboard too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

Bernie Mac wrote: »
    Think it might also be worth mentioning the current Radar station record take over time...2mins by Apex Airsoft and the RATS....just throwing it out there :rolleyes:

and we still have to get our names up on that leaderboard too :p
    didnt happen today i take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

so ill take it all was well today lads sorry i could not be there i here you could of needed me to help out...

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Deesy

[in respect of rathbeggan site and marshals, most understanding atf members - paragraph was deleted]

thanks the all other teams for nice day and thanks to marshals!

ps: i think it must be a place to discuss a problems on war fields, otherwise it could happen again and again and again.

As i said before, all sorted on site, and thats the place for it. :)
    Thank you.

didnt happen today i take it

Na think it was 15 mins and 21 mins this week...which usually the average game times. Last we were lucky in the fact we had the majority of our team out :p

So hopefully next Sunday we can get our teams names upon that board :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Deesy wrote: »
    it always good to know name of contused team, who does not hear "HIT" from first time (actually need about 3 times, but "F&$#ING HIT" works better for them), who continue fire to back after people leaving with holding arms up. children of rembo, commando and cobra.

thanks the all other teams for nice day and thanks to marshals!

Sort out your differences on site and not here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement