Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rathbeggan Airsoft

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

madduke wrote: »
    ha ha we will see. one less hi vis to aim at. lol:)

pitty the lads that are left so! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭ravey

ravey wrote: »
    RATHBEGGAN AIRSOFT GOLDEN BOTTLE
    Starting this Saturday the 9th of May, and continuing each play day until Sunday 31st May, every player gaming on site will get a chance to win a Six Bottle Case of Blaster BBs. Somewhere, out on the site, will be hidden a special GOLDEN BB BOTTLE. It could be in your hide, or under your feet. Find it and we will swop it for a Full Case "thats 18,000 " of Blaster .20 BBs.
    That should keep ya goin for a day or two! :D Thats a case per day for 8 playdays.
    That means we'll be giving away 144,000 bbs over the next 4 weekends.
    KEEP YER EYES PEELED! :):cool:
    Dont forget to keep your eyes open. The Golden Bottle could be in any hide, in any game!
    Also, check out our two for one voucher offer as detailed back a bit!
    Ravey, ps the rain has stopped! Here we go!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭madduke

Dont forget to keep your eyes open. The Golden Bottle could be in any hide, in any game!
    Also, check out our two for one voucher offer as detailed back a bit!
    Ravey, ps the rain has stopped! Here we go!:D
    Roll on sunday. here comes the pain........... happy days. only 12 hours to go wount be able to sleep. (lovely jubbly) lock and load. gear is ready and waiting. So am i. hope the rain F,,k,s off. Rathbeggan Rocks....:):):):)

GOLDEN BOTTLE ++PLUS++
    Two for One Vouchers!
    Hey Guys, as well as our Golden Bottle prize, we have , just today, deposited a limited number of Two For One vouchers in two Airsoft Shops.
    If you purchase more than €50 worth of Airsoft Stuff in either Ballycoolin or Cabra, you will get a voucher which entitles you to bring a buddy for free. Applies to walk ons only, rental is seperate.
    This is a limited offer so get yourselves down to your favourite shop and collect. Vouchers valid until end of June. Saturday and Sundays only. Ravey:D

We have some great new layouts ready for this weekend, and we still have a few rentals available for Saturday so collect your two for one vouchers and head down.
    Also, and this might interest some of you, we are holding a falconry display here at Rathbeggan Lakes this evening from 6.30pm. Admission is free and all are welcome. This is to launch our Summer programme, and will include the press launch of our "WATER PISTOL WARZONE". Its a CQB water pistol game which should satisfy all those under 14s who keep asking about airsoft! If youre free this evening, you are welcome to come and bring your friends and family. Ravey:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Malone1994

Do i need to bring a waiver every time i go or just the first time I go?

Malone1994 wrote: »
    Do i need to bring a waiver every time i go or just the first time I go?

So long as you have been there before and signed a waiver then you dont need to sign it again...so if it is your first time bring your signed form with you and we can keep it on file.

However just on a side note we will ask you to sign a Code of Conduct form each time you come down. This is totally seperate to the waiver but is basically just one of our methods of keeping cheating to a minimum and ensuring everyone is aware of all the rules of Airsoft and the site :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Bernie Mac wrote: »
    So long as you have been there before and signed a waiver then you dont need to sign it again...so if it is your first time bring your signed form with you and we can keep it on file.

However just on a side note we will ask you to sign a Code of Conduct form each time you come down. This is totally seperate to the waiver but is basically just one of our methods of keeping cheating to a minimum and ensuring everyone is aware of all the rules of Airsoft and the site :p

hi
    i have just printed of a waiver can i bring it up tomorrow with my parents sig on it or do they have to sign it there?

mle1324 wrote: »
    hi
    i have just printed of a waiver can i bring it up tomorrow with my parents sig on it or do they have to sign it there?

Eh as far as I know you will have to have a parent or somebody there with you to just drop you off and confirm its their signature otherwise it could have been anybody who signed it :rolleyes:

Bernie Mac has it right there alright!
    You gotta have your parent or guardian with you the first time, you then dont have to resign the form.
    Ravey

BTW Looks like we might actually get a dryish day tomorrow. Roll on our latest game. Collect and Destroy!
    See ye in da mornin
    Ravey:D

Bernie Mac has it right there alright!
    You gotta have your parent or guardian with you the first time, you then dont have to resign the form.
    Ravey

BTW Looks like we might actually get a dryish day tomorrow. Roll on our latest game. Collect and Destroy!
    See ye in da mornin
    Ravey:D

what time dose the half day finish at?

• Advertisement

Usually about 1pm, or a bit after. Second Half day starts at 2 and ends at 5
    Ravey

Usually about 1pm, or a bit after. Second Half day starts at 2 and ends at 5
    Ravey

thanks dave;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Also, and this might interest some of you, we are holding a falconry display here at Rathbeggan Lakes this evening from 6.30pm. Admission is free and all are welcome. This is to launch our Summer programme, and will include the press launch of our "WATER PISTOL WARZONE". Its a CQB water pistol game which should satisfy all those under 14s who keep asking about airsoft! If youre free this evening, you are welcome to come and bring your friends and family. Ravey:D

Thanks to Dave & Co. for an extremely good evening. Falcon display was riveting, closest I've been to these beautiful creatures. Water pistol warzone gets the thumbs up from the youngsters and full marks for an innovative idea.
    I walked the airsoft course and it looks very promising especially that island base. Always a pleasure to visit Rathbeggan, Thanks again. E.

Youre welcome MLE,
    Hope to see you soon. (Through our crosshairs!)
    Ravey :D

Glad you enjoyed your evening Tonky, and I hope youll spread the word about us! See you soon.
    Ravey:D:D

tonky wrote: »
    Thanks to Dave & Co. for an extremely good evening. Falcon display was riveting, closest I've been to these beautiful creatures. Water pistol warzone gets the thumbs up from the youngsters and full marks for an innovative idea.
    I walked the airsoft course and it looks very promising especially that island base. Always a pleasure to visit Rathbeggan, Thanks again. E.

Its even better when your running it under fire :p

Still no records broken so if you think your team can break it come on down and take on the local teams! A few new games as well have been added to the packed line up so if you even havnt been in a while or if it was only just last week everything changes from the games to the cover! (those goarse bushes are getting bigger and thicker by the day :rolleyes:)

had a great day today,wasent as bad as i thought it would be with the low numbers but in the end we still got to play and have a laugh:)
    May be back up for more tommorow:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭madduke

mle1324 wrote: »
    had a great day today,wasent as bad as i thought it would be with the low numbers but in the end we still got to play and have a laugh:)
    May be back up for more tommorow:D
    most of the r.a.t.s heading up sunday i hope.MAD DUKE, MAD MICK, GAV, AND FRIEND. heading in my car so roll on sunday. all set just some sleep and a way we go. :):):):):):):)

Now that was good gaming! Gawd you just cant beat the odd game day when it isnt raining! Well done to the RATS, all good play and no messin.
    Decent numbers too. Thanks to all, and Lito!
    Dont forget that for all the hungry airsofters, Giorgio and Silvestres Chuck Wagon will be on site all through next weekend, they were here yesterday and boy the grub was excellent. ps No one found the Golden Bottle!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Yesterday was a fabolous day,no clouds and a bright clear blue sky:cool:.
    should be down for more over the next forthnight
    Thanks Dave

Aaron

Stiil a couple of slots left for this evening.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭citizenken

hey guys what sort of notice do I need to book an evening game?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

at the mo, evening games are just on wednesdays but you dont need to book, just be there for 6.30pm ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

citizenken wrote: »
    hey guys what sort of notice do I need to book an evening game?:confused:

I dont think rentals are on on the evening games though, you need your own equipment.

Toasty113 wrote: »
    I dont think rentals are on on the evening games though, you need your own equipment.

yes at the moment the rentals aren't available for the wednesday evening games you will have to ring up or ask Ravey he will be able to comfirm that :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Michael-O'Neill

are you open tomorrow?

are you open tomorrow?

I'm afraid not for airsoft the family park and fishing is open tomorrow but sadly there is no airsoft :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Michael-O'Neill

Bernie Mac wrote: »
    I'm afraid not for airsoft the family park and fishing is open tomorrow but sadly there is no airsoft :(
    awright thanks:):(:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

We had good craic on Saturday. Very surreal walking past all the folks fishing and having their picnics :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

hoplite wrote: »
    We had good craic on Saturday. Very surreal walking past all the folks fishing and having their picnics :D

family fun rathbeggan style ;):D

• Advertisement

Hey all new videos of Rathbeggan uploaded onto youtube! The first video is clips from a few games some time in and around Feb/March and I will hopefully have the second video of more recent games (including a few clips of some of the newer games) up soon enough too. Heres the linky to the video enjoy :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9AxVYtT2s8

Cheers for the games tonight Dave was great craic! good games and great players :p

We have a couple of good games organised for tomorrow guys, and whats more it might be just a little cooler for us. Must calculate litres of sweat produced by a team in full cry over a day! :cool:
    Check out this months AIM magazine coz we have a "TWO FOR 1" Voucher on the bottom right hand corner of our advert. Its on page 21 :D:D:D
    Cut it out and bring a buddy, either a regular player or a newbie (the newbie just pays gear rental):D
    Thanks Bernie Mac for uploading the video, we have some more recent footage coming soon, wait till you see the difference in cover. Oh my God, its a jungle out there..................:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Just wanted to say thanks for a great days skirmishing!
    Myself and my mate (over from the UK) particularly liked the ridge game and the last game of the day.
    Thanks again.:D

Rooky1 wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thanks for a great days skirmishing!
    Myself and my mate (over from the UK) particularly liked the ridge game and the last game of the day.
    Thanks again.:D

No problem lads great to have you and glad you enjoied the day! :D

Some of the games to be played tomorrow are,
    SKYLINE PATROL
    RADAR STATION
    ATTACK ON ALPHAVILLE
    SIX SKIRMISH PATROL

Gates open at 9.00, First Game 10.00
    Some Rentals Still available:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

rats will be runnin sun, any challengers:rolleyes:
    its gettin way tooooo easy.

I think you geezers just might have some substantial challengers tomorrow!
    Great games today and great crack too. Jeez its just so much more pleasant in the "summer" :D

Well I don't know how substantial we were but I don't think we conceded any records so that'll have to do us.

CTU lads had a great time today thanks all.

On a personal I'm very miffed I was left out to soak for 15 mins in the sniper hunt before ye deigned to step out of the shelter crowd of f&ckers :) :P. It was a relief to be found :D

Talk of the Rats and CTU heading to some other venue together in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

Ooooooooooooo you've kicked the anglers out? :)
    Awesome!!! Fished down there a handful of times
    in the past couple of years and assumed when i heard
    about this, is was a small scale afair up behind the fields
    where they used to do the archery.....
    Was in MIA with the other half the other day and saw your
    flyer and looks GREAT!!! :P
    Will have to come see for myself soon tho...!

Hope the animals dont have targets painted on them now... :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

hoplite wrote: »
    Well I don't know how substantial we were but I don't think we conceded any records so that'll have to do us.

CTU lads had a great time today thanks all.

On a personal I'm very miffed I was left out to soak for 15 mins in the sniper hunt before ye deigned to step out of the shelter crowd of f&ckers :) :P. It was a relief to be found :D

Talk of the Rats and CTU heading to some other venue together in the future?

oh tell me about it:o:o
    waiting for the sugar soldiers to come out into the rain

iwas of them snipers with ye ,and to make matters worse i crossed the onto little island through 2 foot of water.

it was great playing with you guys(C.T.U) GOOD TIGHT AND HONOURABLE BUNCH OF PLAYERS.
    look forward to playing with ye again soon.

@ dave the cover is unbelievable , its so easy to AMBUSH NOW,GREAT GAMES YESTERDAY.

cheers
    paddy

it was greeat though only got one kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭irl/silverfox/

SO MUCH FOR TAKE AIM CHAMPS WE KICKED THOSE VIPER ASSES ON SAT great games lads by the way rathbeggan is looking good its a pity the vipers left early

Rat squad wrote: »
    it was great playing with you guys(C.T.U) GOOD TIGHT AND HONOURABLE BUNCH OF PLAYERS.

Same for yourselves always a pleasure to play with or against ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

SO MUCH FOR TAKE AIM CHAMPS WE KICKED THOSE VIPER ASSES ON SAT great games lads by the way rathbeggan is looking good its a pity the vipers left early

Where was this?? No Vipers played in Rathbeggan on Saturday:confused::confused:

P.S. Ravey I must get up for a game soon;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Viper Squad 1

???? you've lost me there buddy???? I was at home polishing the the TAKE AIM Cup all day Saturday:p?? By the way i've never heard of you before, you must be a newbie;).

Marko:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Jay TLR

SO MUCH FOR TAKE AIM CHAMPS WE KICKED THOSE VIPER ASSES ON SAT

So much for your ability not to shout. So much for your ability to establish what team someone is from. So much for your glory mate.

So who were you actually playing against? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

It was the Patriots that you were playing against, and we may have lost games on Sat, but I was happy at how the lads performed and there were plenty of good kills earned (some not acknowledged). Still good fun though!

I will tear you a new one boy if you go and brag like that again.
    (go on ban me I dare you!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭irl/silverfox/

all un treated pallets and tyres should be outlawed from airsoft sites AND LETS GET RID OF THE HORSE POO TOO

all sites should be like redbarn and rathbeggan PROPERLY THOUGHT OUT AND WELL PLANNED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

all un treated pallets and tyres should be outlawed from airsoft sites AND LETS GET RID OF THE HORSE POO TOO

all sites should be like redbarn and rathbeggan PROPERLY THOUGHT OUT AND WELL PLANNED

Please, stop shouting, it is very annoying,
    and most, if not all, sites are well planned out,
    and a bit of poo never hurt anyone, adds to the experience.
    I haven't been to Red Barn or Rathbeggan yet, but I plan to,
    both sites look very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 l CaESaR l

???? you've lost me there buddy???? I was at home polishing the the TAKE AIM Cup all day Saturday?? By the way i've never heard of you before, you must be a newbie.

Marko

He is but good with a sniper :P, not better then me and my two Pistols though :D.

When we were playing there on Saturday...... we were told the vipers were there and one of them had a viper badge I believe. I'm not contradicting you but...... I'm just saying what I heard and seen.

Philip.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement