Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathbeggan Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Original_Sin

I'm just back from my first visit to this site and im gonna have to say im not impressed, we went out today with the thought that this site was gonna be amazing due to the size of the place and the photo's we had seen,

I was impressed with the actual site but what really annoyed me was the time it took to get a game started, we were there for 3.5hours and only got in 3 games, at an average of 25mins a game thats alot of extra hanging around time!!! I know players like to take time to reload and take a breather between games but really, 35-40mins to reload!!!!! The marshals just werent doing enough to get games started quickly, plus since when did marshals suddenly become part of your team? I always thought the point of a marshal was to ensure the game is safe and being played fair, not to tell you where your opponent is hiding!!

My second complaint was the really high number of players not calling their hits, i know that your always going to get the odd person who doesnt call out their hits but here there were loads, at one stage i had a clear line of fire into a group of about 5 players yet none called out hit, i emptied 3 mags into that group so i would of hoped that at least one round would of hit someone, apparently though none did, i did think at one stage i was maybe out of range but when i hit someone further behind that group i decided then i just didnt want to be in that game anymore, i was eventually took out by a ricochet, i didnt think that was a proper hit but the marshal stood near me said it was a direct hit, by that stage tho i'd already had enough!

I really like the look of this place but i wont be back due the lack of organization from the marshals and the high number of players who werent calling out hits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭ravey

Sorry you were dissapointed, but remember we are only at our third weekend. We are learning too, obviously not taking hits is a big issue and im sure you see the odd mistake from some of the marshals. We will work on it, the timing too. but even im surprised at how long it takes some guys to get organised in between games. Dont write us off completely as we develop the site.
    In one of the games i stood close to two individuals who allegedly werent taking their hits, and i have to say that the bbs were falling short! Looked like direct hits but hitting the ground about two feet in front of them.
    None theless most people seem to have enjoyed their games and the place. Remember that we invite you to bring all of your points to the attention of either the marshall or myself at the time but thanks for the post anyway.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

excuse me origial sin,
    are you sure that you went to rathbegan airsfot???
    i was there today and i have to say its one of the best days ive had in a long time!!! there was a few problems with the bang kills and peeps not calling their hits buut apart from that i have to say it was an amazing day out!!!

the only fault i found was that the shop seemed to run out of bb's at the break. But i think all in all a savage day!!! 10/10 from me!!

p.s) thanks to the dude that lent me his camo top 2 day!!! it helped loads!!!!
    i owe u!!!

One of the guys i went with was dug in with another guy, they were doing turn about with their shooting sos that they had a constant coverage, he was saying that both them were making hits yet no-one was calling them, the guy he was with eventually got took out, whilst he was getting up, after calling his hit,my mate got told by the marshal that he too had been hit, my mate says there was no way he could have been hit as the guy who was actually hit was stood up shooting whilst my mate was on the ground,

The hit i got took out with was actually a bb that had hit the ground in front of me then bounced onto me, the marshal who was stood near me told me i was hit, i took the hit rather than continue on in a game that, as far as i was concerned, was a waste of my time,

And i do know that alot of the time bb's will fall short of the target, im pretty sure that wasnt the case with the shots i was making tho because i could see ppl reacting as if hit then pointing to where i was dug in, plus when you have a group of 5ppl you'd expect at least one shot to hit one of them, wouldnt you????

dara95 wrote: »
    excuse me origial sin,
    are you sure that you went to rathbegan airsfot???
    i was there today and i have to say its one of the best days ive had in a long time!!! there was a few problems with the bang kills and peeps not calling their hits buut apart from that i have to say it was an amazing day out!!!

Yeah, thats the site i was at, ive been doing airsoft now for about 6months and this is the first time ive ever experienced this many ppl not calling out their hits, i always expect there to be maybe 1 or 2 but the numbers here were a joke, whats the point of playing a game if your not prepared to take a hit, maybe we should get ppl to run around in shorts and tshirts for a game then see who wants to call out their hits

• Advertisement

As i said, we are workin on it. Give us a shout again sometime. Im sure it'll all level out.:)

yes okay.

i apologise!!! we had the same problem today but not that bad!!!

sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AndyWhite

The hit i got took out with was actually a bb that had hit the ground in front of me then bounced onto me, the marshal who was stood near me told me i was hit, i took the hit rather than continue on in a game that, as far as i was concerned, was a waste of my time,

And i do know that alot of the time bb's will fall short of the target, im pretty sure that wasnt the case with the shots i was making tho because i could see ppl reacting as if hit then pointing to where i was dug in, plus when you have a group of 5ppl you'd expect at least one shot to hit one of them, wouldnt you????

Hey, I was there too today and to be honest, i loved the place!
    And original sin, like in any airsoft venue, the rules were that what the marshalls say is final, that was said at the start in the briefing. and the fact is that when the marshall called the hit on you, you might have been shot from somewhere else. you may not have known, it happens when people were wearing camo and vests and things. marshalls called hits on me that i didnt notice too.

Also, you say "expect". another fact is that marshalls cant call a hit unless they SEE a hit. not if they think there was one. and the guys pointing at you may have just heard your gun firing!
    Like Dara95, i loved the place. theres a combination of natural and artificial cover, the guys there are always open to suggestions from anyone, so if you have any criticism, dave and any of the staff will always be happy to help.
    We're all out for a bit of fun anyway.
    I'll definitely be going down again this thursday and next weekend anyway! and seriously, how many other places have proper facilities with electricity and toilets and hot food at lunch! I'll be back down for another one of them curry pies alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

I'm just back from my first visit to this site and im gonna have to say im not impressed, we went out today with the thought that this site was gonna be amazing due to the size of the place and the photo's we had seen,

I was impressed with the actual site but what really annoyed me was the time it took to get a game started, we were there for 3.5hours and only got in 3 games, at an average of 25mins a game thats alot of extra hanging around time!!! I know players like to take time to reload and take a breather between games but really, 35-40mins to reload!!!!! The marshals just werent doing enough to get games started quickly, plus since when did marshals suddenly become part of your team? I always thought the point of a marshal was to ensure the game is safe and being played fair, not to tell you where your opponent is hiding!!

My second complaint was the really high number of players not calling their hits, i know that your always going to get the odd person who doesnt call out their hits but here there were loads, at one stage i had a clear line of fire into a group of about 5 players yet none called out hit, i emptied 3 mags into that group so i would of hoped that at least one round would of hit someone, apparently though none did, i did think at one stage i was maybe out of range but when i hit someone further behind that group i decided then i just didnt want to be in that game anymore, i was eventually took out by a ricochet, i didnt think that was a proper hit but the marshal stood near me said it was a direct hit, by that stage tho i'd already had enough!

I really like the look of this place but i wont be back due the lack of organization from the marshals and the high number of players who werent calling out hits

To be honest people not calling their hits is not a fault on the site. The Marshalls can only call what they see and if you thought there was problems bring it to the attention of the marshalls there and then or go to the marshal at the lunch.

Every time i have been there the marshals have been walking around chatting with everyone and seems friendly enough. Its their job to make sure the games are goin right so if you had a problem tell the marshal point out who wasnt calling their hits and i'm sure they will sort it out.

But there is nothing that can be done now and complaining wont get you anywhere.

So as bob marley says "don't worry, be happy" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

hi guys we had a great time yesterday great site and great facilities:) and a true gent that runs it, there were some problems with people not taking hits but report it to Dave and he will sort it out, look forward to getting back there

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, a great day for just our 5th gaming day. Good to see how teams work together and use proper communications. Lots of the newer guys were well impressed.

Seeing as its Half Term this week, we are going to run a game day this coming Thursday from 10am. So if you're on a week off or you just want to pull a sicky and play, pop down.
    If anyone needs rentals they could drop me a pm or book on the webpage
    www.rathbegganairsoft.com :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captaindanwaldo

The hit i got took out with was actually a bb that had hit the ground in front of me then bounced onto me, the marshal who was stood near me told me i was hit

First off ricochets kill, I would have agreed with the marshal’s decision solely because I call ricochets hits and I know I called a few questionable hits that day…but hey I just prefer to play like that.
    what really annoyed me was the time it took to get a game started, we were there for 3.5hours and only got in 3 games, at an average of 25mins a game thats alot of extra hanging around time!!! I know players like to take time to reload and take a breather between games but really, 35-40mins to reload!!!!!

Also you must have noticed the amount of young inexperienced players out there…unfortunately when there are new players involved the day tend to go slower.

<This actually really annoyed me though now that I think about it (would have mentioned it to you guys on the site yesterday but just really occurred to me now…) not because I’m a grumpy old bastard, (I’m not even that old…) but because most of them were just too content sitting around while on and off the field. I actually managed to find two young lads hiding behind some pallets throwing grass at each other and no not in a way which I could have mistaken for a concealment technique…play the game or don’t, they were little more than a hindrance to us that game.>

The solution to this could be allowing new members play one day and have the more enthusiastic players up on the other…that or bring back hazing

In fairness I’ve said nothing but good things about the site until now, and the problems that I mention will just be resolved in time. It is an amazing site and the potential is unbelievable, I really can’t wait until this kinda thing is behind us and we have a well established site where we don’t have to worry about these pointless little nuisance’s and just play the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

New players issue is an unfortunately an issue for any new site.
    New Players form an area will drop by and it makes games not that interesting. BUT wait and they will grow.
    Observing other site stating up over the summer I've notices how new players after just few games become really, really good.
    If you see many new players on a day, help marshals and direct them. They will learn few things and you will learn how to command. win - win.

Ha it looks like I’m completely against new players, but honestly that’s not the way, it just annoyed me that these two kids came up to play, paid cash then sat around and didn’t bother getting into the game or calling their hits…brings the standard of the game down for everyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

new players will learn with time, sure i sprayed 3 new players with 600 rounds with my caw launcher and they kept firin, how many of you wer aware of grenade launchers when u first started? any issue i had i called a marshall they would check. the bb bottles gone has happened in many sites as it was their 5th day with people and i dont think they were expecting the large amount of numbers its understandable things like this will happen, all in all i had a great day, the loadout area is very handy as is proper toilets :D and their was great weather.

all in all i had a great day, the loadout area is very handy as is proper toilets and their was great weather.

Agreed and ill definitely be back :D:D
    sure i sprayed 3 new players with 600 rounds with my caw launcher and they kept firin, how many of you wer aware of grenade launchers when u first started?

That thing is a beast, was very impressed...

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Place looks great. Hoping to get out for a game soon. Facilities are brilliant, Toilet, Loadout area, Hot coffee & pies.
    The site has a lot going for it. People not calling hits is a problem on ALL sites, don't forget this was only the 3rd week, so let's cut the guy some slack. There are two things that really turn off new players, hot guns and people not taking hits. I know Dave does not tolerate the former and I'm sure he will take steps to minimize the hit taking issue.
    Until someone invents a hit marker, we should take the hit and stop f***ing the game up for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

lads the hit taking issue is all over, not just on one site...i was playing yesterday and i noticed how once we had a game mode where there was no respawns, people found it awfully harder to die, there was a guy in a hoodie standing in the open by some pallets, i fired about a 20 bb burst at him, he made a big twitch like he got hit, he then stayed standing there, but when he saw me pointing at him he dived for cover, it happens, i noticed people on my own team doing the same type of **** for that game, i was the first person to go out of everyone there, and im proud of it because one BB hit my gun, and i walked off, its something called honourm some people dont have it, nothing we can do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cpl_mick_1234

try this for a hit marker
    http://www.airsplat.com/Items/B5-200G-200G.htm
    althought I know that they can cause problems in some guns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

those were already discussed on boards, a majority agreed that using those means you are no longer playing airsoft, but paintball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

cplmick wrote: »
    try this for a hit marker
    http://www.airsplat.com/Items/B5-200G-200G.htm
    althought I know that they can cause problems in some guns

No. They are paintballs and if fired from an aeg can explode inside your gun and destroy it. There is a new BB on the market that is coated in a coloured silicone which leaves a mark when it hits. I think MIA have them, but not sure.

oh yeah, dave.

i have to congratulate u on the pies!!!

the steak and kidney pie i had was gorgeous! a thumbs up from me!!!!:)

AndyWhite wrote: »
    Also, you say "expect". another fact is that marshalls cant call a hit unless they SEE a hit. not if they think there was one. and the guys pointing at you may have just heard your gun firing!
    I did also say though that i saw someone react as if they had been hit then point in my direction, they flicked their hand and near dropped their weapon they were holding so that to me usually gives the impression something hit their hand, i know from experience thats the reaction i get when i get shot in the hand
    Also you must have noticed the amount of young inexperienced players out there…unfortunately when there are new players involved the day tend to go slower.

From what i could see tho it wasnt just the young inexperienced players, it was pretty much everyone, ppl knew we were going out to take turn about with one of the scenario's yet no-one brought extra bb's with them, instead they just waited till the first game had finished then all went back to reload together so myself, my mates and a few others were left waiting for a good 25-30mins for everyone else to reload then get back, it was at that point we really started to get pissed off,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

havent been to the site yet ,but experianced as a player and marshaled for nearly a year at a site ,

every site gets no hit takers no matter where you go worldwide you will have it , one problem most people dont realise what the honor system is or how it works ,
    having a large group of noobies never helps either but give it time and words of wisdom from either marshals ,site owners ,and experiaced players can help big time ,

now as for marshals ,its not an easy job thrust having marshaled up to 50+players you have to be both proactive and yet not interfere with the flow of the games ,

marshals jobs are made harder with people shouting take your hits left right and centre ,
    if you beleive somebody is taking there hit call a marshal to your position and kindly ask him/her to have a word with the oppossing players ,if its an established team with players not taking there hits a word with the team leader or captain also can go a long way,

it makes easier if you raise any issuse on site at the time rather than coming on here and publicly posting about it a day or more later its a new site im sure the lads woukd be greatful for any feedback ,

as for guys taking there time ,welcome to the social side of airsoft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

I was hiding as halfdead then until 2 operators run toward my position, i pepperd them with a magazine load (my chrono reading was 280 only). one acknowledge but the other one kept going, hide for cover returneds fire on me and made a gesture that i wasnt hit.....funny as airsoft can never be a perfect sport as the rest. the site was awsome and Dave is a gentleman along with his asistants...will be returning for more. cheers to all the lads.

Thanks for all your comments and advice, and especially Gatling, He Knows!
    Obviously our intention is to provide a well monitored site with honourable players. To that end we have devised a short "Honour and Action" training scenario to which all new players will be introduced before they join the main games! We are going to give it a try anyway.:)

Dont forget our Game Day this Thursday! Good few bookings so far, Games start at 10.00

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

Gatling wrote: »
    as for guys taking there time ,welcome to the social side of airsoft

its also known as "chairsoft" lol

dont dis the site for people not taking their hits as its already said its on every site and its not just the nOObs that do it you will find that other lads do it to and scream from the roofs "na wasn me" in their best shaggy voice its just some thing we put up with and the marshalls usually sort it out so keep up the work ravey and the site DOES have the potential to be great site so lay off with the neagativity if ya dont like it dont go or leave your bad form at the car park and get out and skirmish and have the crack:):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

LADS, I WAS THERE YESTERDAY ASWELL, PLAYING AND MARSHALLING,
    THE SITE IS AN EXCELLANT SITE AND IN ITS INFANCY AND HAS A LOT OF DIFFERENT CHALLENGING NATURAL TERRAIN TO KEEP EVEN THE MOST EXPERIENCED PLAYERS SWITCHED ON.

DAVE HAS DONE AN EXCELLANT JOB MAKING EVERYONE FEEL AS WELCOME AND AS ENTERTAINED AS HUMANELY POSSIBLE,

HE IS VERY OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM ,
    HE HAS TO BE AS WELCOMING AND AS PATIENT TO NEWBIES AS HE IS TO THE AIRSOFT VETERANS, OF COURSE THE MARSHALLS ARE NOT GOING TO BE PERFECT , NOBODY GETS IT EXACTLY RIGHT EVERYTIME ,

ESPECIALLY IF A GROUP THAT YOU HAVE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT AND EXPECTED SO MUCH PROFESSIONALISM AND FLEXIBILITY FROM ARE SHOUTING AT NEWBIES TO TAKE YOUR HITS.
    I UNDERSTAND THE FRUSTRATION OF BEING HONEST WITH EVERY HIT WHILST OTHERS ARENT,
    BEING A GOOD HIT TAKER WILL EVENTUALLY SHOW THE NEWBIES THAT THE GAME IS HEAVILY RELIANT ON TAKEING YOUR HITS AND BEING A FAIR AIRSOFT PLAYER.
    I REALLY ENJOYED PLAYING AGAINST A WELL ORGANISED TEAM THAT WORKED VERY WELL TOGETHER.AND HAD A RELIABLE ARSENAL ON HAND WHILST OTHERS RAN OUT OF BB'S VOLTS AND STEAM.
    ALSO BANG KILLS HAVE TO BE IRONED OUT SOME TEAMS DONT USE THEM
    WHICH IS FINE BUT IT HAS TO KNOWN WHAT YOUR FEELINGS ARE ABOUT THEM.
    I.E TWO BB SHOT TO THE UPPER BODY AT POINT BLANK IS NOT GOING TO HURT TOO MUCH . BUT IF SOMEONE IS CAUGHT WITH THER MALLET STICKING OUT OF A DUGOUT POSITION THEY WONT APPRECIATE IT.
    WHAT IS THE GENERAL CONCENSUS ON THE ISSUE.
    IS THERE DIFFERENT BANG KILL RULES PER SITE OR PER TEAM?

JAYSUS THAT WAS SOME RANT .SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS BUT ITS TOO MUCH HASSLE TO TRY AND CHANGE TO LOWER CASE.
    HOPE I DIDENT OFFEND ANYONE , AND LOOK FORWARD TO PLAYING AND LEARNING FROM THE VETS.
    CHEERS
    PADDY.

THE
    RATHBEGGAN
    AIRSOFT
    TACTICAL
    SQUAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

Rat squad wrote: »
    .SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS BUT ITS TOO MUCH HASSLE TO TRY AND CHANGE TO LOWER CASE..

i use the caps lock button when i have that problem:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

OOPS BUT CAN YE CHANGE THE WHOLE SCRIPT AFTERWARDS?:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement