Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathbeggan Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭ravey

ravey wrote: »
    Hey up Chaps,
    As we approach the time for the mother of all combat competitions i just want to clear up the Full Face Issue.
    I DONT WANNA SEE YOUR TEETH!
    You dont need a full mask, although they are highly recommended, in fact its a bit like the hurling helmets issue! The hardy men dont need one.........till they get a serious schelp and end up in beaumont and yet the juniors all have to wear em, hopefully engendering their use in later generations.
    Back to the point, scarf, shemagh, balaclava, super high collar, neoprene comforter, bike helmet liner, or indeed full face mask will all pass muster.
    Anyway, we all know it makes sense to protect your teeth, personally ive had mine for nearly 48 years now and have become quite attached to them, id hate to lose one or two for the sake of a scarf!

So here we go people, let the competition begin!
    Lets make this a seriously good showcase for Irish Airsoft in general, lets play well, lets play safely and above all, lets play with honour. Take your hits, call marshalls rather than lettin off a string of double effs, and play to win.
    The very best to all competitors and to AIM magazine, and indeed all the sponsors who have rowed in. we are delighted to be able to host this comp and look forward to a magnificent days sport.

Yours in the line of fire.....

Wing Commander Ravey Mc Beggan smile.gif

PREPARATIONS COMPLETE! We are ready for the event of the Year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Howya lads just wanted to drop in and leave a comment after yesterdays games, hope the take aim teams cup is going well by the way!!!

I have to say, other than a few small downs, i had a great day on the site, the sense of scale was great and clearing the ditches was absolutely epicly intense...phenomenal firefights and huge potential on the site:D

Now im sure you lads dont mind me pointing out the small upsets since feedback leads to improvement:D

Now, although, non hit taking, was quite active during the day, its not something i would complain to a site about, it is a players issue, not a venues issue...so thats not one of the bad things:rolleyes:

I understand how you guys are only open and you are still learning how to make games work on your site but one thing alot of people seemed to be moaning about was the mobile respawn during the massive rolling assault...the mobile respawn, is way too close to the nex capture point, it should be back quite a bit more...i ambushed two players and they ran back to the mobile respawn, but the respawn was walking forward, the two guys used him as moving cover, and started suppressing me, as they moved towards me becasue i could not shoot back without the danger of hitting the respawn guy, this happened me about 4 times, but thank god the 4th time, a marshal(who i later found out to be ravey) was beside me and i pointed out the issue, he put a stop to it...

Another, is having respawns on capture points, the game we had where the defenders were to hold the cabin was almost impossible, becasue they respawned at the cabin also, there was no way we could move in on it, there was a constant rotation of contacts and because they were in respawn, when we shot them, they didnt budge, they just continued firing back...

Another was marshalling, now i have to say, raveys marshalling was 5* and is definately one of the best marshalls i played with, extremely fair, and gets to the point, i did later find out that the second marshall for rolling assault was a trainee, which is fine, but al trainee marshalls should be accompanied by a trained marshall, which was normally left for ravey, but it was very unfair for ravey, as i noticed he was marshalling the attacking team, so when he came up towards, the us(defenders) to help the trainee, the attacking team were doing all sorts, moving outside the fence, raising their hands, and standing up, but then raising their weapons all of a sudden, shooting and getting back into cover, as if they never were hit, so i think its the other marshalls need to understand that you lads need to shout alot more and need to help out, you lads have avoice dont be afraid to use it, follow in raveys style, its perfect and very respectable by all players and myself, there was one stage where 3 marshalls were standing in one group, in between both teams, and it actually blocked my opposition from shooting me, and i noticed how unfair that was so i raised my hand and returned to respawn knowing i would have been hit about 40 times since i was moving on open ground...its just small things like that, marshalls shouldnt really stop for a chat, unless it is something about the game or a player that needs to be discussed, but if that happens, not all marshalls should go at onece, maybe leave one out to ref, than swap with the second guy and tell him...

There was also a point in the rolling assault where a defending player was hit, but he stood in front of the cover, with his had in the air, and was telling his teammates behind cover our positions, he wouldnt fall back so he was shot again, and he started returning fire?? then he was hit again, and quite an argument broke, but both marshalls were in the same place, back behind the defenders at the second defend point, instead of one following each team, the argument lasted a good bit between about 6 people until he finally decided to fall back...

Although thats a huge post these are only tiny little problems, and will obviously disappear once you lads settle down and get used to everything....

I would have like to meet the owner yesterday to say thanks for the day, unfortunately i didnt but theres always the next time
    Just wanted to say thanks on behalf of all of the lads and myself for the epic battles and great games, lovely set up and extremely friendly atmosphere...

Definately worth the drive up and want to thank all staff and players for a great day

see you next time rathbeggan airsoft!!!

Thanks G3 Nut, all your points are well valid and accepted. We learn by doing! And for sure we did a lot of doing today!
    What a mega day guys and thanks to all the teams who competed and produced a day that Irish Airsoft as a sport can be well and truly proud of.
    Some fantastic play and a right lot of good laughs really helped to make it a brilliant first holding of the take aim cup! Special thanks to the guys from Take Aim, trojan work lads, well organised and dont worry about the late finish, i think everyone enjoyed it overall.
    Now, im knackered, but still smiling. I said it earlier, i started off meeting some great people and am continuing to do so! Well done all. Im off to zedland, coz me legs feel shorter than they were this morning.........:D
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 18 daire sweeney

please upload pics of today, cant wait to see them!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭trig740

went for my first game on saturday, it was also my first ever airsoft day out. it was a great day cant remember the last time i had so much fun.the site is great and so were the games.just want to say thanks to ravey for a great day and thanks to everyone else there. and finally thanks to the guy who give me a lend of the mini battery in the last game just before lunch never got his name. will be up again soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Nemesis G.O.A

Great Photos Nemesis. Thanks so much.
    Well we are up and ready to rock for this coming weekend. Having heard and read all the debate regarding rules, fair play and legalities we will be instigating a code of conduct for all players attending Rathbeggan Airsoft now and in the future. We have some of the best skirmish terrain in the region, and it would be a shame if the site were to become know as lackadaisical regarding rules and behaviour in general. So with that in mind, if you know your latest AEG is a bit overpowered, leave it at home, as you will not be allowed use it here. If you think you are a serial non hit taker, change your ways! We can provide exciting and intense scenarios for you to play, but all participants will enjoy it more if all the rules are obeyed. Dont want to make it sound too overbearing.....really our mission here is to be "Purveyors of top class fun". And if you want to be part of that, then charge up your batteries, load up your mags and come along. Games start at 10.00 am.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

3320789074_de004c2b55.jpg?v=0
    lol for when ya just cant make that perfect shot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

moggser wrote: »
    3320789074_de004c2b55.jpg?v=0
    lol for when ya just cant make that perfect shot

point is he got him :D:rolleyes:

was a joke spicy lol just liked that pic and tought it was funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

moggser wrote: »
    was a joke spicy lol just liked that pic and tought it was funny

It is funny :D. He should have jumped :P...

ravey wrote: »
    Great Photos Nemesis. Thanks so much.
    Well we are up and ready to rock for this coming weekend. Having heard and read all the debate regarding rules, fair play and legalities we will be instigating a code of conduct for all players attending Rathbeggan Airsoft now and in the future. We have some of the best skirmish terrain in the region, and it would be a shame if the site were to become know as lackadaisical regarding rules and behaviour in general. So with that in mind, if you know your latest AEG is a bit overpowered, leave it at home, as you will not be allowed use it here. If you think you are a serial non hit taker, change your ways! We can provide exciting and intense scenarios for you to play, but all participants will enjoy it more if all the rules are obeyed. Dont want to make it sound too overbearing.....really our mission here is to be "Purveyors of top class fun". And if you want to be part of that, then charge up your batteries, load up your mags and come along. Games start at 10.00 am.:D:D:D

Or he cudda stood on someone handy! If there was anyone willing!
    Anyway, just forgot to include the website www.rathbegganairsoft.com in the previous post.

Quick give me a piggyback, I need to shot over this hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captaindanwaldo

Or he cudda stood on someone handy! If there was anyone willing!

standard.jpg

Ha agreed but I think this is taking it too far...:D:D

aint that some form of abuse lol

Dread-Lock wrote: »

ya should see how i clear the kill house in drogheda with a team member,
    some good pics from the cup there is

standard.jpg

Ha agreed but I think this is taking it too far...:D:D

I guess they've never heard of a bi-pod :D:D:D.

You got muzzle burn WHERE?!?!?

ya should see how i clear the kill house in drogheda with a team member,
    some good pics from the cup there is

Do tell...:D

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Do tell...:D

nah takes away the suprise and the expresions of the 3 lads in the house were priceless, maybe someday i'll see ya down there, i think were down there sunday next week, any pics of yerself from take aim comp?

oh and ravey i apologise for all the picnics benches i moved and fliped, one of the games i was carryin one while using a pistol, swat shield rathbeggan style :rolleyes:

nah takes away the suprise and the expresions of the 3 lads in the house were priceless, maybe someday i'll see ya down there, i think were down there sunday next week, any pics of yerself from take aim comp?

oh and ravey i apologise for all the picnics benches i moved and fliped, one of the games i was carryin one while using a pistol, swat shield rathbeggan style :rolleyes:

I was actually at the Drogheda re-launch (Saturday). I was talking to a few A.T.F guys. It was nice playing against you guys. I was in full woodland DPM and had the MP5k.
    This doesn't help much as you can't see my face but yeah...
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3Uhq9vSiYWs/SaHsTtOFP1I/AAAAAAAAAT0/7vPRKdO0TzE/s1600-h/2009_0221grace1stbirtday0116.JPG

I guess you can't give away vital tactics over teh interwebs ;). I might pop back out to Drogheda if you guys are going again next weekend.

And the picnic bench thing sounds hilarious. :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Thats the beauty of picnic benches Spicy! Mucho mobile!
    Weve a load of new cover this week too....some surprising layouts, just when you thought u knew what was over that there hill!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

as per usual the remainder of Team Apex will be there locked and loaded! looking forward to another days gaming! keep the kettle warm if you can as well :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

the up and coming RATS squad will be there as usual as well

Good stuff Bernie Mac, and I think you will particularly enjoy a new game designed to replace Skyline Patrol. Its a three stage operation which involves Search & Recovery, Retreat to Assemble and then Advance to Place. Gonna give troops plenty of lives in this as it will be a reversible timed game. And we will be puttin up a prize for who ever comes up with the best name for it. (after we play it!):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

sounds sweet cant wait to try it out :D

And especially for DAZ and the Rathbeggan Airsoft Tactical Squad, we are introducing a special silent game! Stealth and Speed, if your an attacker and you shout at all, youre gone! Of course the defenders will be screaming, but thats only to be expected!:cool:

hahaha....sounds good..looking forward to it

A great days games everyone, and thanks to all players for fulfilling the Code of Conduct which was first introduced today! For those visiting tomorrow, youll be asked to sign a small code of conduct sheet which defines you as an honourable player. Should you fail to fulfill the code in any of the ways mentioned, well....... put it this way, no one failed today and i hope thats the way we will continue! At the end of the day, we draw a name from the box of codes and someone wins a prize, today it was free bbs, might be a day pass tomorrow.
    Roll on down and get playing where the action is hot and the tempers arent! :)
    Wing Commander Ravey Mc Beggan

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

wow that site looks great!!, will definaltey be rounding up the lads and heading there in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

very good ravey...batteries are charged, mags full so looking forward to the days games tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement