Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathbeggan Airsoft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭trig740

hey ravey any plans on opening during the week of the Easter holidays and will you be opening up during the week in the summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 itllbegrand

hey, just wondering if someone can help. a group of my mates are going to this place on saturday. there is about 18 or 19 of us. can we have two teams with just are group playing. want to make sure i'm hitting my mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

hey, just wondering if someone can help. a group of my mates are going to this place on saturday. there is about 18 or 19 of us. can we have two teams with just are group playing. want to make sure i'm hitting my mates.

usually they split the group in half to even up teams so if u just say u want to split up then i'm sure it'll be grand! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AndyWhite

Yeah, you should be able to split up no problem but there will more than likely be other people playing on the two teams aswell (unless you want to rent the venue;)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

great days gaming on sunday as well, fair play to everyone who braved the weather :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭ravey

Brave indeed! But ya dont be cowald for very long when youre an airsofter!
    Looks like better weather for this coming weekend, and as usual we have added in some more covers and hides to make it even more interesting.
    Might try a couple of medic style games this saturday. Or is that just a sop to those lazy buggers who havent the jizz to run back to a distant respawn? Comments please!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captaindanwaldo

How are we ment to find the energy to play Sunday if we are running around all day Saturday?? ;)

Also any chance you have .25g bbs? Or is that mountain of boxes all .20g? I know very few site stock anything other than .20g

cheers

Eh theyre all 20s im afraid. Whaddya think of trying the medic thing? Would it be the run back that makes people keener to not realise theyve been hit? Perhaps if they just stop playing when hit and wait for a medic or a team member to restart them, might be good if we insist that they scream etc;)

i like the idea of media but i think respawns avoid alot of confusion...and cheeky feckers sitting over the dead guys waiting for their mates to come save them!:p

Yea true, and it might make people less likely to charge forward out of cover, if they dont want to expose their teammates coming to revive them.
    God there are so many variables! Someone suggested a "DEad Rag" like in the US. What do people feel about that?

• Advertisement

I think playing games with medics requires a lot more team work especially in the case where you need to provide cover in order to tag your players back into the game.
    Might help highlight that there is a certain amount of teamwork and courtesy involved in the game and not just 20 John Rambo's…:p

Gets my Thumbs Up!!

God there are so many variables! Someone suggested a "DEad Rag" like in the US. What do people feel about that?

I like the idea of the dead rag its so simple and effective, but I think the current system works just fine. One thing I would highlight is that people just need to be aware that they should not cross LoF while moving back to respawn its really that simple.

and they keep their hand up all the way back to respawn so u dont shoot somebody who is already dead!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

pretty simple when theyre hit they go down raise their hand, and start counting to 30....once the count is up, you bleed out and die, sending you back to the respawn, thus avoiding the issue of someone waiting for the medic to come then shooting him...theres quite a few rules on the medic games to make it work smoothly, you cant just send people out who can tap their players back in no problem, things start getting messed up when you dont think the medic rule through...no point in having a guy wait for a medic for 10 minutes, have him count to 30 out loud and if he reaches 30 before being treated hes dead and goes back to respawn

no point in having a guy wait for a medic for 10 minutes, have him count to 30 out loud and if he reaches 30 before being treated hes dead and goes back to respawn

Very true, thanks for pointing that one out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

The Hawks are heading out to Rathbeggan this sunday, hope to see yis then.

Mine's a cornetto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Discharger09

just a general question, what buses can be got from town to rathbeggan?

Lads another type you can have is officer respawns...basically, both teams have an officer, which can stay slightly behind the line of engagement, thus allowing for respawns up close, but he can fall back if needed....but once he is hit, the officer is gone, thus giving a nice secondary objective of taking out the enemy officer so the enemies will have to respawn back at the normal one

any of the 109 buses thats, cavan, navan and kells (I thinks)...just make sure you ask the bus driver to let you know when your there, you could miss it if its your first time out...best of luck hope to see ya over the weekend

what buses from dublin town go past the place?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

what buses from dublin town go past the place?

the 109 from bus eirean also tops bye that church neare the sex shop and hemp shop

lol off to the 109 i go

just a general question, what is best to go to, HRTA or Rathbeggan, and i'm taking 2 things into account:
    1) for a 15 year old
    2) Map-wise - what one has the better field

lol off to the 109 i go

just a general question, what is best to go to, HRTA or Rathbeggan, and i'm taking 2 things into account:
    1) for a 15 year old

two different sites, both have their own + and -....they are also 2 different style of site so comparing cant really be done...its like asking a motorbike rider which is better, a car or a truck:p

lol off to the 109 i go

1) for a 15 year old

HRTA is more urban style builds layout every where clearing rooms and what not...Rathbeggan is more heavy natural cover high ridges, bunkers and what not so its all up to u which one you want to go for!:p

G3-Nut wrote: »
    pretty simple when theyre hit they go down raise their hand, and start counting to 30....once the count is up, you bleed out and die, sending you back to the respawn, thus avoiding the issue of someone waiting for the medic to come then shooting him...theres quite a few rules on the medic games to make it work smoothly, you cant just send people out who can tap their players back in no problem, things start getting messed up when you dont think the medic rule through...no point in having a guy wait for a medic for 10 minutes, have him count to 30 out loud and if he reaches 30 before being treated hes dead and goes back to respawn

thats a very good idea :cool:

All set and ready to go! We will be trying out a couple of Medic games tomorrow just to see how they work out. Due to a completely numbnut carpentry error ( Thanks Lucas and Niall!) we have 10 more squat covers, rather than the five i had planned, so they will be added to the mix along with some additional sloping hides on the outer edge of Radar Station.
    The other good news is that the buds are coming on the trees, so we will soon be fully hidden! :)
    We have been in touch with a Dutch Airsoft Team, who will be visiting and staying at Rathbeggan on May the 2nd. They are keen to pit themselves against some quality Irish teams, so if youre interested, and you'd like the idea of a Team Camp, just get in touch.
    I reckon Apex and RATS will be up for it. Your places are reserved gentlemen.
    Games start tomorrow at 10am, so try land from 9.30 onwards. See you in the crosshairs!:D:D:D:D

excellent...im sure oursleves and apex will be well prepared for the challenge

will see you there sunday morning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

EXCELLENT MORE COVER THATS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR!!

Should be up Sunday meself anyway.

Team camp sounds like good crack.

ravey wrote: »
    All set and ready to go! We will be trying out a couple of Medic games tomorrow just to see how they work out. Due to a completely numbnut carpentry error ( Thanks Lucas and Niall!) we have 10 more squat covers, rather than the five i had planned, so they will be added to the mix along with some additional sloping hides on the outer edge of Radar Station.
    The other good news is that the buds are coming on the trees, so we will soon be fully hidden! :)
    We have been in touch with a Dutch Airsoft Team, who will be visiting and staying at Rathbeggan on May the 2nd. They are keen to pit themselves against some quality Irish teams, so if youre interested, and you'd like the idea of a Team Camp, just get in touch.
    I reckon Apex and RATS will be up for it. Your places are reserved gentlemen.
    Games start tomorrow at 10am, so try land from 9.30 onwards. See you in the crosshairs!:D:D:D:D

Sweet Ravey Apex are definitaly in for that. ;) And on a side note the full team should be out on Sunday. Can't wait to see the new cover and how these games go!:p

• Advertisement

will see ye there on sunday bernie :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement