Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots Detox five-day plan

• 29-01-2009 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hiya,

Just wondering if anyone has tried this? I've never tried any kind of de-tox or proper weightloss plan, but I eat healthily and exercise regularly. However, for the past year, my BMI has hovered constantly at 25 (right on the borderline between normal and overweight! :(

I saw this boots detox yoke reviewed in a magazine (well it was "Closer", not exactly the most trustworthy source!), apparently you take it for five days and you're also advised to cut out fatty foods, caffeine, alcohol, chocolate and dairy, which I think sounds pretty doable for five days. And the cailin in the magazine lost 11 pounds!! :eek: So I though I'd give them a go, however they're not stocked in my local Boots (I'm from out the shticks.) I was just wondering if anyone here has tried them already, before I go ringing round my city buddies to ask them to get them for me.

Aoibhe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

According to a lot of research Detox as such doesn't actually do anything for your body or weight.
    If you just cut out the bad stuff and try to eat clean for a week or two, you will have the same "benefits" as if going on the detox.
    Have a look in the other threads for lists of good, clean food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

aoibhebree wrote: »
    Hiya,

Just wondering if anyone has tried this? I've never tried any kind of de-tox or proper weightloss plan, but I eat healthily and exercise regularly. However, for the past year, my BMI has hovered constantly at 25 (right on the borderline between normal and overweight! :(

I saw this boots detox yoke reviewed in a magazine (well it was "Closer", not exactly the most trustworthy source!), apparently you take it for five days and you're also advised to cut out fatty foods, caffeine, alcohol, chocolate and dairy, which I think sounds pretty doable for five days. And the cailin in the magazine lost 11 pounds!! :eek: So I though I'd give them a go, however they're not stocked in my local Boots (I'm from out the shticks.) I was just wondering if anyone here has tried them already, before I go ringing round my city buddies to ask them to get them for me.

Aoibhe

She probably lost the weight from giving up the fatty food etc than from anything else. Detox plans have been shown to be virtually useless.
    You think you eat healthily, post your typical eating habits here and let people decide.
    Also BMI isn't the greatest indicator. A bodybuilder with a BMI of 25 looks very different from somebody sedentary with the same BMI. If you are the same and do exercise a lot chances are you've put on more muscle which weighs more than fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

jdivision wrote: »
    Also BMI isn't the greatest indicator. A bodybuilder with a BMI of 25 looks very different from somebody sedentary with the same BMI.
    Yes my BMI is 25, but wear 32" jeans. I am slap in the middle of this chart

http://www.ashwell.uk.com/shapechart.pdf

I do some weight training but am not big, only a few people ever commented.

I think g'em is a size 12 and might be technically obese according to BMI.

Most articles I read said most detox things are crap and overpriced, just eat plenty of fresh veg & fruit & water and cut out the crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

(Aoibhe, prepare to be ripped to shreds!)

Right, you asked me to post my diet

Breakfast: 1 glass of the posh tesco freshly squeezed OJ, and a bowl of special K or bran flakes, with low fat milk, and a banana

Lunch: A sandwich, with that fancy €3.50 lifestyle bread with all the nuts and seeds and whatnot, with ham/chicken and lots of veggies

Dinner: Typically, either homemade spag bol (wholewheat pasta), or chicken stirfry (wholewheat rice), or something along those lines. And I'm well aware of portion sizes, and very careful about them!!

MINIMUM 2L water per day

Also one multivitamen with gingsen per day

In addition to this, I have my own "rules":
    -An extra half litre of water per can of diet coke (I have a can of diet coke maybe twice a week)
    -A half hour gym/swim session per "treat" - I count "treat" as one bacardi/one white wine/ one pack hula hoops/ one bar choc / half portion garlic bread

In addition to this, I also have 2x white wine OR bacardi&diet coke "free"

And I make sure to have at least one 45min session in gym in addition to my "treat" exchange!! But, to be honest, I do a fair bit of walking in my day-to-day anyways.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't eat any fish or nuts and I'm probably lacking in that respect, but I do take my multi-vit

I did that ashwell test, thanks rubadud, but unfortunatley I've a 36'' waist with a 5'5 height (yikes!), so I'm doing crap whatever way you look at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Change the special K to porridge, it's full of sugar. Eat salad instead of the bread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement