Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another school question - Comparing the Gaelscoileanna in Bray

Options
  • 29-01-2009 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I'm new to boards.ie but hoping some of you kind Wicklow natives might be able to help another Wicklow native out with some advice :)

I've just entered the scary world of "what school will my child attend"..!! And a scary and complicated world it is too.. My first daughter has just turned 3 and will be starting primary in 2010.

We are strongly considering Gaelscoil & have her name down for Scoil Chualann since she was 6 months (as friends children attended there) but on following it up recently, I wasn't left with much hope that she will get in.. To be honest I just found the school secretary to be really unhelpful, vague and probably a bit annoyed and snooty because I'm NOT a fluent Irish speaker.. maybe I just caught her on a bad day but..

In any case, I rang the other gaelscoil in Bray Gaelscoil Ui Cheadaigh, today and couldn't have had a more different experience. Lovely lady on the phone, very helpful and seems quite positive about my daughter getting a spot.. If I had to choose on Customer Service alone there would be not problem and I'd jump at Gaelscoil Ui Cheadaigh but I'm wondering if any one can provide any more comparisons on the two schools - teaching levels & quality, class size, facilities, school/parent interaction, pupil behaviour etc.

I'm from West Wicklow originally and not that long in the area so have no idea so all advice, comments etc really appreciated.

Cheers , JM

Advertisement