Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop letting your dog poo on the path!!

• 29-01-2009 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

If anyone has seen the new path and lighting on the Williamstown Road, you'll know that its ideal for walking and running. Excellent you would say.. a facility that is well needed and good to have.

Except... Its now covered in dog crap. Its disgusting, and so are the people who let it happen.

Can nothing be done about these anti social idiots who own dogs that wreck public paths?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Also want to chime in and thank anyone who walks their dog on the Cleaboy Road for the culture they've added to my boots over the last 3 years.

Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

Get over it boy,all thats going on in the country and your cribbing about a bit of dog s%&t:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Get over it boy,all thats going on in the country and your cribbing about a bit of dog s%&t:rolleyes:

Thats probably what a dog would say as it was about to drop one on the path.

Boy.

Running is free.. isnt that what we're supposed to do during a recession? Save money... do free things?

Boy?

Yes BOY,just dodge d little pieces of poo as you run,tis not that difficult,no need to be a drama queen about it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Yes BOY,just dodge d little pieces of poo as you run,tis not that difficult,no need to be a drama queen about it..

Aaannyway.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Meanwhile back at the ranch....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

I agree it's disgusting but there are bigger issues than stepping in dog sh*t at the moment.

I agree it's disgusting but there are bigger issues than stepping in dog sh*t at the moment.
    hear hear

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

WTF do "other issues" have to do with a thread about dogsh*t?

You fail at trolling. GTFO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's happening everywhere. I feel sorry for anyone with a pram or someone in a wheelchair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Just cause there's a recession bandwagon charging through town it doesn't mean that people can't start other threads. If you're bringing your dog out for a walk you should have the bags with you...simple as...the OP is right to be pissed off to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Whilst home at chrimbo i was up in Tycor a good bit, i have to say that i was riverdancing my way along there in order to avoid the sh1t everywhere.

The owner face should be rubbed in it tbh.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its purely down to extremely lazy dog owners, I don;'t think I've ever seen a person pick up after their dog.

Given somebaldyfela's trolling efforts about how bad the country is you'd think he'd be supporting the need to clean up, after all the pet oweners can be fined and god knows the country could do with that money. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I see no problem with this topic, the OP has a point. It can be a pain if your walking a buggy especially.

Sure there are a lot bigger issues out there and by all means create your own topic if its something to do with Waterford to have a rant about it. This is also an issue related to Waterford and there is nothing wrong the OP wanting to discuss it. We have no intention of saying "Big issues only folks, everything else is worthless". Its a discussion forum.

Lets keep on topic and prevent another attempt at dragging a thread down the gutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

deisemum wrote: »
    It's happening everywhere. I feel sorry for anyone with a pram or someone in a wheelchair.

Good point. You then brin gthe same pram home and roll it through your house. Your kid then gets down and plays on the floor. Nice.

People who allow their dogs to crap on the path and refuse to clean it up (probably because it's beneath them) are typical of the 'fcuk it...someone else will sort it' people in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

gscully wrote: »

People who allow their dogs to crap on the path and refuse to clean it up (probably because it's beneath them) are typical of the 'fcuk it...someone else will sort it' people in this country.
    absolutely true.

I think it's important to confront these scumbags when you see them leaving their crap behind + a little on the spot venting can help offload stress onto someone who deserves it :D (o golly there are potential right wing flaws in my logic there and no one is allowed to discus them :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

just dodge it. after all you never see a dog steppin in human ****, do ya?

hey that could be a new nike slogan... just dodge it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

I'm probably generalising but with most dog owners around if you were to say it to them you know what they'd tell you , its just that they think their dogs are the best thing ever and cant understand why people would have a problem with them crapping all over the footpath , its especially worse when the paths are wet and you cant see it as easily .
    On the same subject the same dog owners cant see how not all people are dog lovers and dont like being barked at and jumped on by their beloved pooches and their stock answer to people is "he wont go near you" to which the answer should always be "how do you know are you dr doolittle " .
    Rant over so I suppose you can see I dont own a dog and have no intentions either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

yea, I know the average lowlife will tell you where to get off but it might just prompt them to bring a bag the next time especially if they are confronted on a regular basis. maybe anyway.

I have a dog that I walk every day and have even handed a bag to someone who's pretending that they don't know their little fido is crapping in a public place.

(I told you I was right wing on these things)

Advertisement